Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/27/2006 10:35:49 AM EDT
Speed Steel is Sunday April 2nd at Tri-County.

Starts at 9AM, so be there a bit earlier.

The next Tri-County Speed Steel (May) is the Man-of-Steel. It’s 10-courses of fire, $50 to get in and prizes. If this isn’t for you, come on out to the April shoot.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there again. Our "Internet Buddy Squad" needs to represent!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there. It was a great time last month.

Guys, I think this upcoming weekend is the time to set your clocks ahead one hour on Sunday morning.

Edit to say "Ouch $50" didn't read close enough.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I will be there for April and MOS. I am looking to do less PR and more SS and maybe a few IPSC matches this year. Got a new P18-9  for limited and looking for another to send to EGW for a open gun. Will pipe them both for 38 sup as soon as I can get around to it.

Meet before for coffee or just show up at the range?
CH
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I will be there for April and MOS. I am looking to do less PR and more SS and maybe a few IPSC matches this year. Got a new P18-9  for limited and looking for another to send to EGW for a open gun. Will pipe them bith for 38 sup as soon as I can get around to it.

CH

I'll meet for coffee beforehand. But since it's a smaller crowd I'm thinking more like 7:30a would be good.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I will be there for April and MOS. I am looking to do less PR and more SS and maybe a few IPSC matches this year. Got a new P18-9  for limited and looking for another to send to EGW for a open gun. Will pipe them bith for 38 sup as soon as I can get around to it.

CH

I'll meet for coffee beforehand. But since it's a smaller crowd I'm thinking more like 7:30a would be good.

0730 at Roses, home of the raw sausage it is.

<looks at clock.....2 hours till I will be blasting steel in preperation>
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I will show up shooting my Beretta NEOS!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I will show up shooting my Beretta NEOS!

Prepare for jams. Let's put it this way. If you shoot the entire match without a single jam or double strike, I will pay your match fee.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Loved speed steel last time... I'm definately in!  Of course, I'll still be going cheap;  Ruger Mark III and it's cheap ammo!  Mwuhahaha!  

ETA:  And if I'm awake that early... (waits for raucus laughter from everyone in the know...) I'd be up for some early morning dead animal flesh.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:16:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Loved speed steel last time... I'm definately in!  Of course, I'll still be going cheap;  Ruger Mark III and it's cheap ammo!  Mwuhahaha!  

ETA:  And if I'm awake that early... (waits for raucus laughter from everyone in the know...) I'd be up for some early morning dead animal flesh.

MUWHAHAHAAHAHAHA yeah we have had to tag team him over the phone before just to wake his ass up.... (brokeback anyoen?)

yeah i'm down but i would like to use your MK3 if i may.....

Jess
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#11]
OK good i'm glad i didn't buy a NEO.. anyone got a 22 pistol for cheap for me that has at least a 10 round mag? Come on.. i know someone has one! Don't make me use my Glockata!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe I will break out the buckmark.....
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Maybe I will break out the buckmark.....

Uh oh.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
OK good i'm glad i didn't buy a NEO.. anyone got a 22 pistol for cheap for me that has at least a 10 round mag? Come on.. i know someone has one! Don't make me use my Glockata!

You can pick up a basic Ruger Mark III with the 4 3/4" barrel and fixed sights for around $240 plus transfer fee. It comes with 2 mags, so get 3 more at  Sportsman's Warehouse for $15 each.  So for $295 you have a reliable speed steel plinker that looks and handles like a Luger.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

Ok, 7:30 at Rose's.  I'll be there.  For this week's match, I am going to try using my Glock 19.
For close range work, I prefer the Glock sights over the Sig that I have been using.  We'll see.

Spambo
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Can't wait til i get to Plink with my Buck Mark.. oh how i miss wasting cheap ammo and not feal any guilt!.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:05:09 AM EDT
[#17]
No revolver shooters?

Come on guys, where’s your sense of adventure?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Can't wait til i get to Plink with my Buck Mark.. oh how i miss wasting cheap ammo and not feal any guilt!.

I thought that was what 9mm was for!?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
No revolver shooters?

Come on guys, where’s your sense of adventure?

I want a pirate squad!

AARRRRRR!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I would like to know.. HOw many people are gonna shoot 22lr?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Let's see...

Bimart has the UMC 9mm bulk pack on sale this week for less than 12 cents a round...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's see...

Bimart has the UMC 9mm bulk pack on sale this week for less than 12 cents a round...

I would shoot the Glock but I plan to Reign as teh NEW 22lr Champion and throw it in NoAims face!..

Picture my Buckmark with a ribbon next to it.. come on.. no one has done that before..
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I would shoot the Glock but I plan to Reign as teh NEW 22lr Champion and throw it in NoAims face!..

Picture my Buckmark with a ribbon next to it.. come on.. no one has done that before..

Good Luck to you!

NoAim got first in .22LR class at his very first match, which is not something easy to equal.  I think you will need three first places in a row to out match it!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Are there mag changes required on speed steel?  How many rounds per timed event?  could you do it with one mag w/o having to reload a mag while being timed?

Mark.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#25]
I am still on the fence about what I will shoot and may not decode until I get down there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Are there mag changes required on speed steel?  How many rounds per timed event?  could you do it with one mag w/o having to reload a mag while being timed?

Mark.

Not normally, but there was one stage last time that there was 1 manditory mag change. That course was run 3 times as opposed to 5 times. Myself and MarkII had a bit of disadvantage to with the mag changes.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I am still on the fence about what I will shoot and may not decode until I get down there.

Come on.. Bring your Buckmark Target!.. It will be fun cuz you feel like you are not spending any money shooting!..

Shooting 22LR will put you in the 22LR class.. it's like friendly competition for us ARcom guys..(well the cheap ones)... heheh and gals if Glocklady shows up.. I'm sure she will.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#28]
But Glocklady shoots a Glock. Not a .22 cal.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Yeah i know.. i just threw that in.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#30]
What time is this event usually finished? I'd like to attend, but have some time constraints.

Oh yeah, I'll be shooting a .22 too
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
What time is this event usually finished? I'd like to attend, but have some time constraints.

I think last time it was 2:30p?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think last time it was 2:30p?

Sounds about right, unless you're like Gunkata, Anarx, and myself who are losers and stay until about 6:00 afterwards just BSing...  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#33]
 I may try to make this one. depends on family.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Thinking about going, but I only have 2 mags for the trailside. Cape, you have any for sale?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Thinking about going, but I only have 2 mags for the trailside. Cape, you have any for sale?

I dont, hard to come by.

I think the 2 mags should be enough.... 20 rounds? I think NoAim only has two for his CZ.

I pulled the optima off my buckmark and put the iron sights back on it for the match. Seems everyone is shooting rimfire so I might as well. Hope you show!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont, hard to come by.

I think the 2 mags should be enough.... 20 rounds? I think NoAim only has two for his CZ.

I pulled the optima off my buckmark and put the iron sights back on it for the match. Seems everyone is shooting rimfire so I might as well. Hope you show!

Actually I have 5 for the CZ.

Here's the deal.

You run through the stage once, firing 8 rounds (2 missed). Run through it again with 8 rounds. There's your two mags. Now you need to have someone reload both mags and then shoot again. One more needs reloaded....shoot the last time.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

You can shoot however many stages you like and leave when you like.  Just make sure to tell the  scorekeeper in the range shack that you are leaving early or she will be tearing the place apart looking for your "lost" scoresheets and holding up things for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont, hard to come by.

Actually I have 5 for the CZ.

Here's the deal.

You run through the stage once, firing 8 rounds (2 missed). Run through it again with 8 rounds. There's your two mags. Now you need to have someone reload both mags and then shoot again. One more needs reloaded....shoot the last time.

SO 5-6 mags would be best?

Damm. I dont know who has any trailslide mags either.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Sounds like fun.  I need to get more Buckmark mags.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#41]
5 mags would be best. However, if you're REAL nice, you can get someone to load your empty mag while you're shooting.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Sounds like fun.  I need to get more Buckmark mags.

I lucked out with 3 mags with my Buckmark and also have a few more coming on satureday, just in time to try it out.. woot!..

And PETA I'm using that Magazine holster you gave me last October and it's all going to have Buck Mark mags in them.. hehe
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I am really tempted to shoot a 22 this time, just to try something different.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do it!!! All the cool kids will be!

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:43:01 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hah! see she may shoot .22lr.. Woot.. we are going to be the ARcom group and also the only ones in the .22LR class.. hahaha this will be great!.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:01:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Man I wish I could go to this...  I also wish I could find extra mags for a Colt Woodsman Match target.  Anyone got any?

Mark.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Man I wish I could go to this...  I also wish I could find extra mags for a Colt Woodsman Match target.  Anyone got any?

Mark.

try Sportsman's Warehouse.. they have mags for every 22lr pistol.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:11:36 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I thought CDNN also had some. Not OEM, but Mecgars or something.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:42:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Mark.

I know there are some in the at the shop but i think they are factory originals....kinda spendy. I will check.
CH
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#50]
In two days i get to go try my B-B-B-BUCK! MARRRRRRRK!.. i'm excited to shoot this thing and hope it doesn't break like all my other guns!..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top