Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2005 5:19:26 PM EDT
I've never looked into AOW's for Washington, are they allowed?  What's involved?  Is it the same process for getting signed off for a supressor?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've never looked into AOW's for Washington, are they allowed?  What's involved?  Is it the same process for getting signed off for a supressor?

Yes, and Yes
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#2]
NOT TO HIJACK, BUT HOW ABOUT DD'S???  LIKE .55 BOYS OR 20MM WEAPONS????
--CARLOS
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]
DD, suppressors and AOW's are all good to go minus anything with explosives.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, but can you legally operate your AOW?  

Law says you can own a supressor in Wa. but you cant actually shoot through it.  Who was the drooling retard responsible for that law?  I'd like to find that guy, slap the hell out of him and deport him to kalifornia.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OK, but can you legally operate your AOW?  

Law says you can own a supressor in Wa. but you cant actually shoot through it.  Who was the drooling retard responsible for that law?  I'd like to find that guy, slap the hell out of him and deport him to kalifornia.

The intent of the law was to ban supressors, but "the drooling retard" was too busy mopping up after himself to write the law in the proper way to achieve that and ownership remained legal.

Yes, you can legally use a legally possessed AOW in the state of WA.

Now spill the beans, what are you shopping for?

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I was considering a trade for a Vector Arms Uzi.  It has the 16" barrel and folding stock but I would've converted it to a short barrel and forward pistol grip.  However I've decided not to trade.  He has a fullsize Uzi, I wanted a mini.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:49:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was considering a trade for a Vector Arms Uzi.  It has the 16" barrel and folding stock but I would've converted it to a short barrel and forward pistol grip.  However I've decided not to trade.  He has a fullsize Uzi, I wanted a mini.

Good thing too.  Since it had a rifle stock on it, it could never be anything but a rifle or an SBR.  You couldn't take the stock off, shorten the barrel and make it an AOW.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Good thing too.  Since it had a rifle stock on it, it could never be anything but a rifle or an SBR.  You couldn't take the stock off, shorten the barrel and make it an AOW.  

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#9]
OK I'm gonn'a show my ignorance here, WTF is an AOW?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
OK I'm gonn'a show my ignorance here, WTF is an AOW?

It's a weapon classified as "Any Other Weapon."  I dont know the particulars, but a pistol or a short barreled (no stock) Uzi with a forward pistol grip is considered an AOW.  I'm not sure if it's considered class 3 but it's NFA controlled.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#11]
learned a new term  does cannons calssify as AOW?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Nope, they classify as destructive devices.  They have bores over 1/2" that are rifled.  I also think that the availability of "anti personnel" ammunition is part of the classification.  37mm launchers with just flares and smoke aren't even classified as firearms.  Add in some anti personnel ammunition, even less-lethal, and you've got an unregistered DD.

But large bore DDs are legal in WA, so go ahead and get that cannon!  I think the only exception is for black powder cannons.  I know signaling cannons aren't regulated at all, and I know many guys who make "golf ball" cannons.  I'm not sure about the rifling issue though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, they classify as destructive devices.  They have bores over 1/2" that are rifled.  I also think that the availability of "anti personnel" ammunition is part of the classification.  37mm launchers with just flares and smoke aren't even classified as firearms.  Add in some anti personnel ammunition, even less-lethal, and you've got an unregistered DD.

But large bore DDs are legal in WA, so go ahead and get that cannon!  I think the only exception is for black powder cannons.  I know signaling cannons aren't regulated at all, and I know many guys who make "golf ball" cannons.  I'm not sure about the rifling issue though.

I was thinking along the lines of a 2 3/4 bore--just right for paint cans filled with cement-- witch cav will help with that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top