Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 12:47:29 PM EDT
Just curious, I have one on reserve but have never actually gotten to try out the poly folder stock...if anyone has on in the N. IL area, would it be cool of me to meet up sometime this week and check it out?  I would be more than willing to spring for dinner at a local CHiles or TGIF or whatever to repay you for your time.

Dawg
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:49:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just curious, I have one on reserve but have never actually gotten to try out the poly folder stock...if anyone has on in the N. IL area, would it be cool of me to meet up sometime this week and check it out?  I would be more than willing to spring for dinner at a local CHiles or TGIF or whatever to repay you for your time.

Dawg

I don't have one, but you can buy me dinner and drinks at TGIF's anyway!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry Metaphze, unless you put on a wig and a dress and end up looking prettier than my girlfriend, there ain't no way you'll be getting a free dinnner out of me!

Well, I guess there is only one way to do this...I will be the first guy in N. IL to have an SLR-106!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been wanting one of those stocks for awhile, just can't decide what I would put it on.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#4]
LOL, I didn't really care all that much about the stock, but i watned a good .223 AK and the SLR-106 was cheaper than a complete Saiga conversion with a fixed stock!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe were not talking the same stock. Are we talking this one?

IMHO, that's the ultimate in side folders.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, that is the stock the SLR-106 comes with.  

It is neat, but to be honest I would prefer a fixed stock if it meant the rifle had been $150 cheaper.  The poly folding is rock solid, but it kind of bugs me that when you fold it you can't have a scope mounted and the stock is trapped bewteen your body and the weapon. Also makes sling mounting a little more complicated. A right side folder avoids all those problems, but has to be designed to work with the charging handle and selector- a left side folder works well.

In any case I got my SLR-106F for a STEAL so I guess I'll just deal with the badass folder on it *sigh*

In fact I got it for sucha  good deal if I decide I really don't care for it I can sell it for a break even (or even a little profit) and just buy a converted Saiga.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top