Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 5:28:18 AM EDT
I've seen many situations over the last 12 years involving serial criminals, whether they are sex offenders, burglars, or armed robbers.  The latest high profile one was the AM rapist.  I thought I would mention a few items of interest.  

Finding serial offenders like this is like finding a needle in the haystack.  I can't even believe how lucky they got.  However, it's truly rewarding for all those men and women who were involved.  I know at least 20 officers who have been involved in the surveillance, working for months doing extra hours, working on days off, etc.  Most of these folks have families, and many made some sacrifices in their personal lives that overtime pay does not make up for.   As a fellow officer, I have the utmost admiration for the officers involved in this.  Though luck was on their side, it still took the dedication and an observant officer (Det. Jerry Hubert) to both catch the guy, and stop him before he raped again.  

One more thought.  I walked into work the other morning, and walked by this scumbag as he was being printed.  He said, "Do you know who I am?" as I passed him.  I replied, "No, and I really don't give a f*ck."  Truth is, had I known, I would have had something choice to say.  I could have replied, "Oh, you're the guy with the abnormally small penis everyone's looking for" (a detail that was not released to the media for obvious reasons).  Or, I could have mentioned how much inmates like rapists, espcially ones who's daddy is a cop.  This guy was actually proud of himself.  I can't wait until he gets to prison.  Though he'll likely be in protective custody, he'll still probably get back some of what he gave.

www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/0921rapist21.html
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:59:38 AM EDT
[#1]
some good work on that one.  I know how it can go, even as a civilian workin for the PD my stepmom has put in some very long hours despite delicate health to bring down a bunch of scumbags that had been below the radar for too long.  it's unfortunate that the contact most people have with the police is speeding tickets and getting blown off when they call for minor concerns.  they don't see what real work is being done.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Honestly, I think he deserves a lot worse than what he gets.....

Big + 1 to the boys in blue!

-John
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#3]
John, I was listening to the whole thing go down on A deck 3 that night.  They had lost where he was exactly, although they had him boxed in and K9 was arriving on scene.  A burglary hotcall came out on A6 and about 1 minute later they had him in custody.  He looks familiar to me but I can't place him.  Definately doesn't look like the composites they did up on him.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#4]
He's a spitting image of his dad....

And yes John, he does deserve a lot worse.  Hmmm, any D.O.C. employees here???
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#5]
7 weeks on that stake out?  I'd be going nuts!

I wonder if they'll lock his account here?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Know the feeling of looking for that "Needle in the haystack".  Getting ready to start looking for one here in Tucson again.  It is extremely frustrating business and these guys rarely ever get what they deserve.  College campus is like a candy store for these freaks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing like a disarmed victim zone to make things easy, is there?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Disarmed victim zone?  That's funny.  Let's face it, most people are sheep.  I don't say that in a condescending way, but most people are content to be sheep, until the wolf comes.  People like you, me, and the rest of us are a small fraction of the population, in that we vigorously believe in the right to protect ourselves and more importantly our loved ones.

markm, I didn't realize he had an account here.  What's he go by?  At least I can IM him and wish him my best, though I doubt he'll be reading it soon.

BRAVO34, what's going on down there?  Is there a rapist on the loose?  BTW, the campus is like a candy store to all of us.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I wonder if they'll lock his account here?

You're talking crazy-talk...this forum hasn't seen a sexual pervert in years!!!

Well, there was one or two...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Whats a greenbelt?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Disarmed victim zone?  That's funny.  Let's face it, most people are sheep.  I don't say that in a condescending way, but most people are content to be sheep, until the wolf comes.  People like you, me, and the rest of us are a small fraction of the population, in that we vigorously believe in the right to protect ourselves and more importantly our loved ones.  

You ain't just whistlin' Dixie there Hobbs. :)
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've never heard it put better.  Excellent job catching this scumbag, it's just too bad he couldn't have resisted arrest a bit before he was brought in.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:05:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Every year one of these guys go from peeping-tom/flasher to rapist and it takes a few incidents before the similarities and evidence show a trend.  Most of the time these guys don't get as far or as publicized as the Am.  It's a "here we go again" type thing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:23:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yeah, I guess the rest of us that don't fit the sheep mold will have to be content with either being disarmed on campus, carrying concealed on the down-low and risking a lot, or foregoing our educations.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
He's a spitting image of his dad....

And yes John, he does deserve a lot worse.  Hmmm, any D.O.C. employees here???

Camy works at 4th St, and I know a few more from here.  Also know a couple from Glock Talk!  

We might possibly, um, spread the word?  

Guy is a fucking animal, and he is proud of his notariety of taking advantage of a woman?  He wouldn't last 13 seconds with a real man in a closed room.  And I'm sure there is planty here that would gladly volunteer.

But we all know he has a special place in hell awaiting him.  Whether he likes it or not, or believes it or not, he WILL answer in the after life.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top