Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2005 8:46:41 AM EDT
Geez. Lake City just can't crank it out fast enough!!! More price increases to the marketplace for civies??

Alliant Lake City Small Caliber Ammunition Co. L.L.C., Independence, Mo., was awarded on March 4, 2005, a delivery order amount of $8,236,906 as part of a $372,586,618 firm-fixed-price contract for 5.56mm, 7.62mm, and .50 caliber ammunition cartridges.  Work will be performed in Independence, Mo., and is expected to be completed by Sept. 30, 2006.  Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year.  This was a sole source contract initiated on Oct. 5, 2004.  The U.S. Army Field Support Command, Rock Island, Ill., is the contracting activity (DAAA09-99-D-0016).
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Geez. Lake City just can't crank it out fast enough!!! More price increases to the marketplace for civies??

Alliant Lake City Small Caliber Ammunition Co. L.L.C., Independence, Mo., was awarded on March 4, 2005, a delivery order amount of $8,236,906 as part of a $372,586,618 firm-fixed-price contract for 5.56mm, 7.62mm, and .50 caliber ammunition cartridges.  Work will be performed in Independence, Mo., and is expected to be completed by Sept. 30, 2006.  Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year.  This was a sole source contract initiated on Oct. 5, 2004.  The U.S. Army Field Support Command, Rock Island, Ill., is the contracting activity (DAAA09-99-D-0016).

That is alot of ammo..........
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Dont matter....

There is always plenty of wolf for plinking anyway.

Why dont you goto the ammo forum for this, It has been beat to death in there.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Dont matter....

Russian and Chinese military strategists estimate it will take 50 million troops to occupy America, so until each citizen stores a million rounds each there is not enough ammo.

You have work to do, get busy!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Dont matter....
No Thanks. I don't want to send my money to Russia for their greasy crap ammo.

Psuedo Moderator Wannabe?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hey you put out a poll, I responded with 2 comments and a question...

If you want to be a asshole about it, that is fine. I get talked smack and lied to for the most part of 8 hours aday, I can take it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:39:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey you put out a poll, I responded with 2 comments and a question...
If you want to be a asshole about it, that is fine. I get talked smack and lied to for the most part of 8 hours aday, I can take it.

R-32....A little touchy today? Your posting had 2 comments and then basically a SHOVE IT comment to me. Now you resort to profanity in your second post. Gee, no wonder why people abuse you for 8 hours a day.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Where did I say I was abused?...

Where did I tell you to " shove it"?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:41:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Lake City isn't in Washington, is it? At least mention someone local that sells Lake City to make it worthy of staying here. Example: Lake City ammunition, how long will it be available at Ben's Loan?
Ok, now before I lock this...  carry on.

YES MOM!!!!
Do you think this will have an effect on the prices we pay for ammo at WAC-Puyallup?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lake City isn't in Washington, is it? At least mention someone local that sells Lake City to make it worthy of staying here. Example: Lake City ammunition, how long will it be available at Ben's Loan?
Ok, now before I lock this...  carry on.

YES MOM!!!!
Do you think this will have an effect on the prices we pay for ammo at WAC-Puyallup?

Yes I think the price is going to go up slightly on all ammo ( even Wolf).

But even the price raise in Gasoline affects the cost of goods.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

TRUE ENOUGH!!!
Wait until you start seeing groceries and all other consumer goods we pay for here in WA skyrocket with gas prices going outta sight.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRUE ENOUGH!!!
Wait until you start seeing groceries and all other consumer goods we pay for here in WA skyrocket with gas prices going outta sight.

And dont forget, You should watch what you plant in your garden, You wont have any water to help it grow.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Remember what happened 1.5 years ago, in the middle of the Iraq conflict, "skunk boy" raised pricing on Wolf 7.62 to $109.00 per 1000, from it's normal at that time of $79/1000 stating that it was all being used elsewhere. I called bullshit on that. It was simple supply and demand, gouging, price fixing whatever you want to call it.

In the case of 5.56 the more our boys use, the less production runs get allocated for civilian use, meaning a shortage, or a percieved shortage equally higher prices.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Im starting to really like the 55/62 grn WOLF for plinking it seems to be just fine for the stuff I do at 100 yds and closer. The price is reasonable, and I can clean the casings up with my magnet.and I have to clean my rifles anyway, so a little more muck is not big thing.

I can save the rest of the good stuff for later.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Im starting to really like the 55/62 grn WOLF for plinking it seems to be just fine for the stuff I do at 100 yds and closer.

are you using the green stuff or the poly stuff?

I broke an AR using the green stuff, no problems with the poly.................
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Im starting to really like the 55/62 grn WOLF for plinking it seems to be just fine for the stuff I do at 100 yds and closer.

are you using the green stuff or the poly stuff?

I broke an AR using the green stuff, no problems with the poly.................

Poly, I was one of those guys that never used the green stuff in anything other than the AK and sks
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#17]
How much should I pay for ammo at 1,000 rounds with a can at the show?

What's the highest I should pay?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Think also of raw material.   Copper is going up, therefore...  

Shoot air rifles.   Air is (still) free and lead can be reused easily.  

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Think also of raw material.   Copper is going up, therefore...  

Shoot air rifles.   Air is (still) free and lead can be reused easily.  

yeah but airguns are teh suk.................
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1000.....
Yawn.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:17:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1000.....
Yawn.

OK... no problems... if everybody liked beer what would happen to wine?  

But, take a look here...  www.geocities.com/msrossi1/talon_ss.html  

and here.... www.straightshooters.com/genmenus/pcpguns.html

Still bored?  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:10:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still bored?  

Bringing that to the shoot?

Sounds great!  That would be a good opportunity to meet the croud.    OK.   I'll try to be there on Saturday  and take the Talon and a "bigger brother".     The GA folks were already introduced to the Talon in the range.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1000.....
Yawn.

Still bored?  

OK....I stand corrected!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top