Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 10:01:02 AM EDT
Might try and stop by AIM tomorrow on the way to Millers.  ? is will the milled walnut stock fit my wasr-10? linky

eta:  How good are the 75rd romanian drums also?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#1]
First off, that stock should fit your WSAR but unless you need a kit real bad you can pick them up at gunshows.  Stamped receiver parts are pretty much interchangable.   HECK I have a stock you are welcome to if you want it, though I don't think it is walnut.  If you like a long pull, you may have to get an aftermarket stock (because those are not made for us corn fed American fellas) I did and I love it.

About the drum, they work fine as far as I have seen.  I have emptied mine several times with out any problems with FMJ I can't say how well they work with HP because my rifle is really only 80% w/ HP.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The wood type isn't really the important part.  It's for a fun project- I'm gonna turn mine into the "green monster" with some green wood stain.  I'll probably have to bleach any wood to lighten it up a bit.  Gonna be at the next Goodman's?

my rifle is really only 80% w/ HP.

I wish mine was that good.  AW4EVER gave me some ideas to fix it though when I get to it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Milled stocks do not fit on stamped receivers.
If you want to get creative with the wood why not pick up a run of the mill set of wood. I'd hate to see a nice piece of walnut be sacrificed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#4]
When is the next Goodmans?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Isnt there one this weekend?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Isnt there one this weekend?

Next weekend the 24th and 25th
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#7]
You can't shoot 75 round drum in Ohio, can you? I though anything over 31 rounds except a .22 is illegal to use in Ohio. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You can't shoot 75 round drum in Ohio, can you? I though anything over 31 rounds except a .22 is illegal to use in Ohio. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Some people say you can load and shoot a drum with 31 rounds and its still legal.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:01:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some people say you can load and shoot a drum with 31 rounds and its still legal.

Some people keep their mouth shut and rely on the inability of the others on the fireing line to not be able to count over 10 with their shoes on.  

What happens a Millers stays at Millers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top