Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/5/2005 2:10:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/5/2005 2:10:49 PM EDT by MauserMark]
So far all I've put together is an AR lower. I know AKs require much more to put together than an AR.

So my question is, will I be able to do this on my own? Or do I need to find someone with the proper tools that the common person wouldn't have?

I plan on getting a Global receiver after I get it, and from there, not sure where to start first.

Is there anyone in the Houston area that can possibly help me?

thanks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:44:09 PM EDT
Do it. You'll get a kick out of completing it yourself. I have just some basic tools. The main thing that I bought was a set of air hammer inserts to do the riveting. My first build wouldn't win any beauty contest, but hey it works. Many use a modified set of bolt cutters on the rivets -- cheap at places like Harbor Freight or Northen Tool. BTW, buy some extra rivets before you start.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:40:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By zippo8:
Do it. You'll get a kick out of completing it yourself. I have just some basic tools. The main thing that I bought was a set of air hammer inserts to do the riveting. My first build wouldn't win any beauty contest, but hey it works. Many use a modified set of bolt cutters on the rivets -- cheap at places like Harbor Freight or Northen Tool. BTW, buy some extra rivets before you start.

cool, thanks for the reassurance, I'm excited, can't wait to get it.

-mark
Top Top