Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 4:50:00 PM EDT
Did the kalishnikoff Gunfighting course from Suarez International this past weekend and it kicked some major okole.  Too bad if any of you missed it.  But the good news is that we will be bringing the man him self (Gabe Suarez) back for basic combative handgun and knife course as well as an intro to the AK system of operation course next summer.  Stay tuned for more info

The picture bellow shows me (with the Tan AK) going around my buddy (with the green AK) during a suppression/covering fire drill while moving down the line.  Note our strict trigger discipline, and how smoothly my buddy is modulating the saftey selector.  Also note we were utilizing the rifle bug out bags  where were a major asset.  A chest rig may be better, but I trained as if I had to actually carry in a SHTF scenario and a chest rig is not low profile.

Click the image to enlarge
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Any more pictures?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#2]
please let us know when these courses come up I am not a big AK fan but i would be up for any AR courses

is there any links etc I should keep an eye on for future classes especially on Oahu

-Mike
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:25:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
please let us know when these courses come up I am not a big AK fan but i would be up for any AR courses

is there any links etc I should keep an eye on for future classes especially on Oahu

-Mike

We did a carbine course with guest instructor Chuck Taylor from the American Small Arms Academy about a year ago.  Everyone had ARs in that class as it was catered to use that particular rifle.  This AK class was more of an advanced combatives course specifically for the AK.  Sort of like shooting an IPSC match with a 1911 versus shooting a glock at people who are trying to kill you at home.  One is finesse with style, and the other is a true grit survival.

Here we all are doing push-ups balancing ourselves on our magazines of our rifles.  Try that with your AR... (yes all guns were emptied with everyone cross checking eachother's guns, so don't have a cow about muzzle discipline.  We were all VERY disiplined and NEVER careless with our firearms).

I actually get most of my news of worth while kick butt events like this from the Kaneohe Gun Shop web site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top