Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/20/2004 11:02:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/20/2004 11:02:40 AM EST by SO-COM]
I had heard some talk not long ago about a possible second batch of AK's? I missed out on the first and I think I got my hands on a polish kit this time around. Just wondering what reciever I should go with for it. I was looking at the Ohio Ord ( www.globaltrades.com/sa85m&itcreceivers.html ) or this one ( www.globaltrades.com/new16mmreceivers.html )? Also how complete should I get it?

Even if there isn't any plans to do another build, I'd like to hear some advice from those of you that built them. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:10:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By SO-COM:
I had heard some talk not long ago about a possible second batch of AK's? I missed out on the first and I think I got my hands on a polish kit this time around. Just wondering what reciever I should go with for it. I was looking at the Ohio Ord ( www.globaltrades.com/sa85m&itcreceivers.html ) or this one ( www.globaltrades.com/new16mmreceivers.html )? Also how complete should I get it?

Even if there isn't any plans to do another build, I'd like to hear some advice from those of you that built them. Thanks.

SO-COM, the tools are available for you to use anytime. Are you going to be out tomorrow? If not, IM me and we will see about getting you set up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:20:12 PM EST
I'll be out tomorrow, but I'm low on .45 and its all I have available to bring. So I'll prolly come out just to say hi and hang out for a bit. I won the kit on gunbroker for 160+shipping so this is definetely something I'm doing now.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:41:09 AM EST
So-com I'm looking to build one too. I got a Ohio Ord. receiver which has no predrilled holes on it. If I knew then I would've bought a Vulcan receiver instead with all the holes already drilled = less work.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 2:41:34 PM EST
Didn't make it out till 2pm today. Sorry I missed ya Rick.. Any suggestions on what make and condition (how complete) reciever I should go with?
Top Top