Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2015 1:18:04 PM EDT
Who does the best work in the state or should I send it out ? Looking to SBR my Arsenal SLR105, have the parts and will be doing the tax stamp paperwork this week. Is it better to get a shorter barrel or just have it cut down ? Also this can't be put in my Trust if I recall ?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:05:40 PM EDT
If the gas tube is shorter I think you would have an extra gas port no?
You can plug it and if the fsb covers it you wouldn't see it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:02:58 PM EDT
Picked up a Bulgarian gas block FSB combo a while back at a great price for this future project Plan on going 10 to 12 1/2 inches to make it a AK 105 Bulgarian clone.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:05:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 19Cohiba75:
Who does the best work in the state or should I send it out ? Looking to SBR my Arsenal SLR105, have the parts and will be doing the tax stamp paperwork this week. Is it better to get a shorter barrel or just have it cut down ? Also this can't be put in my Trust if I recall ?
View Quote

There is a member here that is quite knowledgeable on the ak platform and builds , I am sure he will chime in if he is available- I used a well known builder which became a real pain in the ass- won't recommend him! Hardest part is pressing in the barrel
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:06:54 PM EDT
Forgot to add... Factory shorter barrel is better, twist rate should prevent keyholeing
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:13:27 PM EDT
Do you have the AK with the 16.1" barrel and fake flash hider to be non NFA or do you have a pinned break?

NUcadet07 knows AKs but I think is stupid busy, Matt from My Guns in Oregon does all my work, 4 to 6 week turn around too, does everything except refinishing.  For that talk to NUcadet, his specialty.  

If you want a short AK I have a pre ban Krink I need gone, IM me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:31:21 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sardo_67:
Do you have the AK with the 16.1" barrel and fake flash hider to be non NFA or do you have a pinned break?

NUcadet07 knows AKs but I think is stupid busy, Matt from My Guns in Oregon does all my work, 4 to 6 week turn around too, does everything except refinishing.  For that talk to NUcadet, his specialty.  

View Quote

.... I tried not to name names... So much for that
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:49:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By nutter:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nutter:
Originally Posted By sardo_67:

He no want more business?  I'll ask him.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:04:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2015 5:14:19 PM EDT by JohnsMyName]
I have a Polish Mini-Beryl on a Norinco 56s receiver I'd be willing to sell if there is an interested party. Currently has 16" barrel for easy transfer.

ETA: Not sure about local builder, but I have heard good things about NUcadet if he has the time.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:19:39 PM EDT
It has a 16 inch unthreaded barrel. They were the Arsenal ban compliant version AK74 sold in CT back in the day. I like the Krink but think the AK105 is the best all around version  Really wish AK's were as easy to SBR like AR15's
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:52:42 PM EDT
I'm not set up for shortening barrels but I can replace them, populate barrels etc... I am very busy at the moment but depending on what you need done I may be able to help. Shoot me an email at steve@cerakotect.com and we can discuss it. My shop is in north Branford, we are an SOT so the SBR work isn't an issue,
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:10:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JohnsMyName:
I have a Polish Mini-Beryl on a Norinco 56s receiver I'd be willing to sell if there is an interested party. Currently has 16" barrel for easy transfer.

ETA: Not sure about local builder, but I have heard good things about NUcadet if he has the time.

View Quote

That I'd love to see! I haven't seen one of those since Afghanistan!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:30:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2015 8:34:00 PM EDT by JohnsMyName]
It needs a form 1 so bad.

If I keep it and sbr I was thinking about newer style backbone rail, butt stock and k-grip, but I might sell it to fund other projects .

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:33:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2015 8:34:04 PM EDT by NUcadet07]
Gorgeous! That thing needs to be cut proper! I've still got a 5.56 Beryl magazine I traded a Polish Soldier for. I need a Tantal and Beryl. So many wants, so little money! Replace that Aimpoint with an EoTech and it'll be right on.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:34:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JohnsMyName:
It needs a form 1 so bad.

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s658/Johnsmyname/1_zpsh7ruhgqv.jpg

If I keep it and sbr I was thinking about newer style backbone rail, butt stock and k-grip, but I might sell it to fund other projects .

View Quote

Form 1, plz.  

That's neat though, who did that work?  Are those like the 7" 5.45 barrels and completely different than a 16"?

I know shops who have just cut down a regular 16" barrel for a Krink regret it because the rifling is totally wrong and they keyhole bad.  Too many places have taken shortcuts with the 5.45 guns and given the caliber a bad rep.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:48:49 AM EDT
Krebs Custom built it. I bought it assembled, no idea what that current barrel is, I've never seen one like it.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:51:27 AM EDT
From what I have read people have cut down 16 barrels with no issues at all but you have to have someone do the work that knows what they are doing. I have been searching for a 12.5 barrel in 5.45 for a long time
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:04:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 19Cohiba75:
From what I have read people have cut down 16 barrels with no issues at all but you have to have someone do the work that knows what they are doing. I have been searching for a 12.5 barrel in 5.45 for a long time
View Quote

Is this the one that is just a short profile in front of the gas block? If so then, yeah, I can help with you. Those just need a cut and crown, reprofiling is where I can't help though. Otherwise you, Sardo, and Nutter can fight over the AK105 barrel I've got lol.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:33:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2015 6:40:30 PM EDT by hihobrian]
I cut down my Bulgarian 16" to 10.5" shortened the gas tube and piston. Used a combo sight/gas block from Kvar. It runs well. No key holing noticed.

I think when people try to go full Krink style at 8" or 8.5" the twist rate gets to be more problematic.

Protip for the DIY'r : Pin the gas/sight block if you test fire with a muzzle device or prepare to retrieve it from beyond the firing line.

ETA: I did also have to turn the barrel down to fit the FSB. And 10.5" was as short as I could go while keeping the standard hand guards. I still had to trim a little off the release lever.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:41:19 PM EDT
Needs the works !!! Barrel cut back, crowned to 12.5"  Gas block removed and new Bulgarian GB/FS combo installed Might just SBR my AR first, and get a 30 cal can
Top Top