Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 7:38:13 PM EDT
Are there any AK builders in the Pittsburgh area?  Or does anyone have a flat jig withing an hour of Pittsburgh???

Looking to hook up with some folks that have the tools and know how....got a kit coming and would like to "Gitter done" sometime this fall.

Maybe we could organize a build party or something....any interest.  I like the idea of getting into an AK for about $160.00 but do not have all the jigs and welders, rivet tools and such not to mention a 12 ton press.

Just went through Quarterbore's tutorial and am very inspired now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I know a guy in White Oak who could build it for you if you can't find anyone to lend you the tools.  He also has beautiful polish underfolder kits for sale.  I have seen them in person and they are fantastic quality.  Bayonet included.    Here is a link for pics of the kits:

http://www.uzitalk.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14631
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Trakker, where are you from, I hail from the Hermitage area, membership at Hidden Valley, doing my first AMD-65 build from the Niles gun show last week.  Was thinking about a White oaks membership, at least until we get our indoor range built.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are there any AK builders in the Pittsburgh area?

Looking to hook up with some folks that have the tools and know how....got a kit coming and would like to "Gitter done" sometime this fall.

Maybe we could organize a build party or something....any interest.  I like the idea of getting into an AK for about $160.00 but do not have all the jigs and welders, rivet tools and such not to mention a 12 ton press.

Just went through Quarterbore's tutorial and am very inspired now.

i built mine at the same party 1/4 bore was at.

wish i was closer to help out/build the kits i have left.  good luck
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:52:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to have a jig, someone is building it for me but they're doing it at work so he has to take his time and do it when he has time to himself.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#6]
how can i get in touch with this guy that has the polish underfolder kits???
i would like one.
thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#7]
That uzi link doesn't work unless you sign up.

So I'd still like to know if anyone in the Pittsburgh area has a flat jig....I doubt that I will buy one but would not mind renting one or paying to use one locally here in Western PA.

If I can't come up with one I'll have to get receiver ordered soon.

Thanks...Cs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top