Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 7:39:15 PM EDT
Anyone else up for building a few AKs at the LCR?

I know it is sacrilege, but they are so much fun.  I figure if they can build em in huts in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and where else, we could do it at LCR.

I have a 5.45 kit that I want to put together.  

Anyone else, or am I just talking crazy?

Mike
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#1]
It's just you. Yer crazy. Yup, yup, yo.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Good idea, takes some special tools though.

Hey Bunny where are you?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking about assembling my WA HTF rifle there.............. Is there anyplace around (within 50 miles of Tacoma) that carries AK receivers on the shelf? May go for an AK too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Good idea, takes some special tools though.

Hey Bunny where are you?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Honestly, I wouldn't advise it. You would need some pretty good tools to handle the rivets. That or do screw builds with the right tools and parts.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Honestly, I wouldn't advise it. You would need some pretty good tools to handle the rivets. That or do screw builds with the right tools and parts.

Strange, I didn't think there was anyplace on this earth that Bunny wouldn't be willing to build a rifle, not even an AK.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Strange, I didn't think there was anyplace on this earth that Bunny wouldn't be willing to build a rifle, not even an AK.  

I have to agree with him, But then again We had a little build party tonight, and got absolutly nothing done.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:04:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have to agree with him, But then again We had a little build party tonight, and got absolutly nothing done.

Damn Straight all Bunny did was bitch moan and groan his way out painting again.... Then I had to hear how he gave away the most beautifully furnished Romanian to some two bit fly by night split-tailed hussy

....  I hope you at least get a picture for it
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:10:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have to agree with him, But then again We had a little man-sex party tonight, and got ab-tholutly "nothing" done.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#9]
You're a regular McGyver, Bunny.  A swiss army knife, a pile a scrap metal, a shoestring, some tinfoil and a piccolo, throw in a convenient bar table and a latte, next thing you know a rifle appears.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You're a regular McGyver, Bunny.  A swiss army knife, a pile a scrap metal, a shoestring, some tinfoil and a piccolo, throw in a convenient bar table and a latte, next thing you know a rifle appears.  

And if it doesn't shoot, it will, at least, explode.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Carefull, ATF says NO shoestrings.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PCR, where do you find this stuff?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PCR, where do you find this stuff?

Over 10,000 posts, the number of posts read is easilly 1,000 times that.

And that letter is real.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And that letter is real.

It's also specific

designed

intended

And we all know possesion = intent = designed
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Apropos nothing else, hijacked threads aside, You folks are a bit late, seeing as how the Drysiders have already "BTDT".

Got T-Shirt?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/FlatbendingIII.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/FlatbendingII.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/Flatbending.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/AKFlats.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/Underfolderfullyfunctional2.jpg

OK, so how did you heat treat and weld the rails out in the woods?

And what rivet jigs and tools did you use?

I was hoping to go shoot and have fun, myself, but then I'm selfish that way.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Apropos nothing else, hijacked threads aside, You folks are a bit late, seeing as how the Drysiders have already "BTDT".

Got T-Shirt?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/FlatbendingIII.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/FlatbendingII.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/Flatbending.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/AKFlats.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/Underfolderfullyfunctional2.jpg

OK, so how did you heat treat and weld the rails out in the woods?

And what rivet jigs and tools did you use?

I was hoping to go shoot and have fun, myself, but then I'm selfish that way.

Get back to work old man.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Good Idea - Build your own AK, with help from friends.

Bad Idea - Build your own AK in the woods, where a spring can get flung into a stand of trees, or in a big pit of rocks.

I think maybe we can do an AK build party some time this summer, in time for the next LCR. Mike
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 2:17:20 AM EDT
[#20]
height=8
Quoted:

Bad Idea - Build your own AK in the woods, where a spring can get flung into a stand of trees, or in a big pit of rocks.

I think maybe we can do an AK build party some time this summer, in time for the next LCR. have
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:03:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think maybe we can do an AK build party some time this summer, in time for the next LCR.

Mike

Every one knows only ARs have that spring flingin problem,

I had no idea there were any moving parts in an AK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top