Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2011 7:48:18 PM EDT
At a local gun store (sacramento) i saw in the ad that they are selling a century arms WASR-10 ak47 for $549.99.
Is that a good brand?

I've been looking to buy an ak for a while now but i'm not sure which brand or what company to order it from. I'm looking for a decent brand, make of an AK. I was wondering if anyone has any experience buying an ak that is from a reputable company.

I've been to the website atlantic firearms and they have several versions and i'm not sure which is good.  Arsenal, century and few other brands.
I'm not looking to spend a lot but something similar to the century arms price or a little more if the century arms is not that good of an ak make.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure its not on any of the ban lists before you get too attached
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Turner's in So Cal has those things for like $400 every other week. I'd pass.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to know. Thanks.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good to know. Thanks.

Quoted:

Wasr is NOT on the ban list, neither is Arsenal.
Arsenal is top of the line, Wasr is toward the bottom.
The main reason is the quality of finish.  The Wasr looks used, the Arsenal looks new.
Wasr's are a Romanian AK
Arsenal's are Russian made.
They are both reliable as hell, so get which ever one is in your price range.
Wasr's and Arsenals are excellent shooters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top