Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 12:58:43 PM EDT
It took me an hour and a half to get from West Memphis to the airport, wrecks all over I55 on the Arkansas side.  Get to the bridge, and the pavement is'nt only free of ice, it's f'in dry!  Same way in MO, salt and sand trucks running.  In the 150 miles between me and Memphis I saw 4 AHTD trucks, and they were putting out sand so sparingly, I could throw more out of the back of a pick-up, with a f'in teaspoon!  Pathetic!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep your in Arkansas,Welcome!!!! ,, lol,,I know what you mean, I drive a 18 wheeler for a auto parts store all over Arkansas,Its crazy. Our tax dollars being used GREAT
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#2]
walter-
You dont work for PWI do you?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#3]
ehh....i aint worried about it.  i actually prefer that they don't put that shit down.  but then again, i'm your atypical Arkansas driver that is capable of driving on ice (before you ask, yes i was born here).
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:53:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ehh....i aint worried about it.  i actually prefer that they don't put that shit down.  but then again, i'm your atypical Arkansas driver that is capable of driving on ice (before you ask, yes i was born here).

Well, you don't have to worry then, cause the sorry MFer's don't have any intention of getting out and doing anything.
If I was one of those ASP and DOT boys, that had to get out in it and work all those wrecks.  I'd be looking for some Highway Dept. ass to kick!  It's bad enough working traffic when conditions are good, really dangerous when there is an inch of ice on the road.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#5]
No I work for O'RIELLY AUTO PARTS , Because we love cars........ Corny,,lmao
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well, you don't have to worry then, cause the sorry MFer's don't have any intention of getting out and doing anything.
If I was one of those ASP and DOT boys, that had to get out in it and work all those wrecks.  I'd be looking for some Highway Dept. ass to kick!  It's bad enough working traffic when conditions are good, really dangerous when there is an inch of ice on the road.

true, but if the idiots would learn how to drive in the first place (yes, i know, far too much to ask) we wouldn't have to deal with this bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:01:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1

There are certain places you dont go up here in Fayettenam when it snows, and people dont realize that.  Funniest thing I have seen so far is someone in a Firebird (6th gen) parked in his driveway (30* driveway) not of his own choosing, but fender-to-tree, sitting on the tree.  You just dont do that, and you certainly dont take an F-body anywhere that its not dry/barely wet and expect to go somewhere.  They have 300hp and about 4 ounces over the back tires.  It takes nothign for them to go out of control on bad pavement conditions.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#8]
The AHTD doesn't want to get their salt trucks out onto those slick roads and have an accident.    They waited until the 3rd day after the snow when the roads were clear to spread sand here in Rogers.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top