Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 1:31:25 PM EDT
Copied from my email from AzCDL:  

First, some good news.  HCM 2009, a House Memorial that encourages the U.S. Congress to oppose the passage of Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009, or any similar legislation, that would impinge on the individual right of every American to keep and bear arms, passed out of the House Military Affairs and Public Safety (MAPS) committee on Wednesday, April 29, 2009.  The vote was 5-0 with 3 members absent.

Meanwhile, non-budget legislation in the Arizona Senate remains at a standstill while the legislature continues to hammer out the 2010 budget.  And now, we are hearing that the after they are through with the budget, many legislators are planning to pack up and go home, basically shutting down the legislature for the year.  That will effectively kill all remaining non-budget bills.

We believe that it’s time to let EVERY legislator know that the voters of Arizona want them to finish the job that we are paying them to do, and to dismiss any ideas of ending the session after they fix the budget mess that they helped create.

We urge everyone to contact every member of the Arizona Legislature, and politely tell them that you expect them to remain in session until all pending legislation that they have been neglecting during the “budget crisis” is properly processed.  A personal letter is always best.

Subject:  Unfinished legislative business.

It has come to my attention that there is talk among your colleagues at the Capitol of going home and effectively ending the current legislative session after the “budget crisis” is resolved, thereby abandoning all other pending legislation.  I find that unacceptable.

You campaigned for, and were elected to, your position in the legislature to conduct all the legislative business of the people of Arizona.  The current “budget crisis” was created at the legislature.  The voters of Arizona should not suffer due to the poor planning or lack of preparedness of their elected Representatives.  I respectfully insist that you complete the work that you were elected to do, and remain in session until all pending legislation is properly processed.

Sincerely,
Your Name
Street Address
City, State and zip code
telephone number

Top Top