Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 11:52:52 AM EDT
As stated in the other thread, I went to the new gun shop in Carrollton.  

On Sunday they told me that they would beat online prices or transfer for free.  I noticed they had a RIA 1911 Tactical that I have been thinking about picking up for a while so... I gave them the chance to put their money where their mouth is.  The tag on it was $499, but I found it online at sarco for 405 +shipping and on gunbroker, from bellshire guns, for 430 shipped.

I did not figure in tax, because that is really out of their control and it is nice to be able to handle THE gun you are going to buy.  I went in today and sure enough, they beat the prices I had found.  No big fuss from them, even though I'm sure they didn't make much on the deal. Just wanted to let the rest of you guys know that they are true to their word.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
So what price did you end up finally paying for your RIA Tactical 1911 at Big Slim's Gun Shop?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#2]
So basically what they did was sell you a firearm at cost plus transfer.  

They do that much and they wont last 6 months.  Transfer fees won't pay the rent or employees.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So basically what they did was sell you a firearm at cost plus transfer.  

They do that much and they wont last 6 months.  Transfer fees won't pay the rent or employees.

Maybe, I don't know what cost is, but I imagine it is close.  Whether or not that is good for business isn't my call.  They at least did what they said they would do. I wanted to start a similar business some time ago and realized that it would not be feasible, at least for me.  The dollars just don't add up unless there are a lot of people out there who will pay list.

eta: even if they didn't make much off me, I work around the corner and will refer my customers to them.

Quoted:
So what price did you end up finally paying for your RIA Tactical 1911 at Big Slim's Gun Shop?

423+tt&l

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top