Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 3:30:58 PM EDT
Does anybody know where in washington I can get one?

I've heard a lot of good stuff about them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Not from any of us, you haven't.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Everybody on the survival forum loves them.  I don't know that I've heard a single bad thing about them, and they have a lifetime warantee.  I figure $150 for a compact carbine isn't bad.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everybody on the survival forum loves them.  I don't know that I've heard a single bad thing about them, and they have a lifetime warantee.  I figure $150 for a compact carbine isn't bad.

Ask Strat how many Hi-Point 9mm Carbines the Milita has...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#5]
They are very ugly, but reportedly very reliable. I gather accuracy is merely acceptable.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

They love them because they are all stashed in the ground and they've never shot them, and they are only out $150 bucks.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They are very ugly, but reportedly very reliable. I gather accuracy is merely acceptable.

Nope, mine is very accurate. and it works very well. But having only 10 round mags is not the best thing.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#8]
It is something you could stuff in a plastic pipe with a few hundred rounds of cheap 9mm and a few mags and not really miss it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Hi-Point is the Low-Point in the firearms industry. I owned one a long time ago and sold it right away because it was a POS!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:57:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, mine is very accurate. and it works very well. But having only 10 round mags is not the best thing.

How accurate is "very accurate"?...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I saw some at Sportco in Fife the last time I was in there 253-922-2222. [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:51:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well...

I witnesses an "out of the box rifle with factory sighted laser"  kill a "Jack Rabbit" at about 225 yards in a blizzard one night.

R-32 - This is a MUST HEAR story at the next LCR...

You are just trying to bait me into going to Storm Central again...

Does the wind Suck, or Blow at LCR?

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Mary's Pistols in Tacoma has one.  They had nothing but nice things to say about it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Mary's Pistols in Tacoma has one.  They had nothing but nice things to say about it.

That's only because they want to get rid of it!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I saw 3 of them at sportco in fife this weekend
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#17]
"Drop gun"?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

have you seriosuly looked at who posts in the Survival forum?

guy#1 "have you turned your life-savings in to gold yet?"

guy#2 "i have to dig my escape tunnel from my basement first"

guy#3 "yeah, right after he helps me seal my house against chemical attacks"

guy#2 "yeah, then we can go cash in everything for gold... remind me, on the way home i need to pick  up some Pampers and a case of shotgun shells"

oh yeah, my brother's HiPoint loves chewing on cases, not really so much about the whole "propelling-the-bullet-out-of-the-barrel" thing, it just likes to eat cases.  and i love how it takes unscrewing a cheap pot-metal screw to disassemble it.  field-ready my ass.

purchase at your own peril, and my behest.  not that an anonymous opinion on the internet means anything, but you're gonna regret buying that low-capacity, low-energy P.O.S.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
have you seriosuly looked at who posts in the Survival forum?

Come on, the signal to noise ratio isn't bad in there at all.  Not that I've seen anything that would lead me to belive that "Everybody on the survival forum loves them."; them being Highpoint Carbines.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#20]
"signal-to-noise ratio"

that's good, i'm gonna borrow that one.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#21]
What kind of price have you guys been seeing them going for? I'm on the northside so it's quite a drive.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine did 1 1/2 inches at 100yds off the bench. That was with cheap bulk reloads.

Hey, if the guy doesn't have a lot of money. It's an OK place to start. Remember the first rule of gun fighting. Have a gun.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine did 1 1/2 inches at 100yds off the bench. That was with cheap bulk reloads.

Hey, if the guy doesn't have a lot of money. It's an OK place to start. Remember the first rule of gun fighting. Have a gun.

if saving money is the issue...and you want a nice little carbine.  I'd go with a Mini-14.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#24]
If saving money was the issue, I would build an AR one piece at a time from the EE.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Was that a one shot group? Or the most bullets in a group that covered a 1-1/2" circle? I'll bet you a case of beer you cannot repeat that in front of me with a 5 shot group on the first two tries.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was that a one shot group? Or the most bullets in a group that covered a 1-1/2" circle? I'll bet you a case of beer you cannot repeat that in front of me with a 5 shot group on the first two tries.

Dang boy, I wish I still had the dam thing. That would have been an easy free case of beer.

That was a five shot group. It really was a good shooter. I sold it when I decided to get a CX4. The CX4 is not near as accurate but I was able to get factory 20rd mags for it, and mount a flashlight.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
If saving money was the issue, I would build an AR one piece at a time from the EE.

I'm saving up rigth now to get a 700 PSS in .308 and an M1a scout, and I guess I want a new rifle to tide me over.  I figured a hi point would be a fun gun to try. I want a 9mm rifle without paying a ton for it. Just something super compact that I can play around with.

I already have 2 AR's among other guns. ..
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Try a kel tech sub 2000 I found a used one for under 200 bucks and it takes glock mags works great for the money 32rnd mags at the wac for 25 bucks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top