Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2003 12:19:47 PM EDT
Ok because of some stuff at work I now have Tuesday the 9th off and I'm going to do my best to get to Madison along with a couple other members of my gun club I hope. So I know several of you have said your going. Where and when are you all meeting up before or after the shindig?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:20:31 AM EDT
[#1]
What shindig????? I'm right in madison what's going on....I feel left out!!!!    
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a public hearing on the CCW bills at 10am on tuesday the 9th in State Capitol Room 411 South. If you can make it be there. We need as many pro-ccw people there as possible. I'm still trying to clear everything I have going so i can make it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#3]
i took off work on the 9th so i will be there
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Ray do you know which McDonalds everyone was talking about meeting at? I'm still working on clearing a few things off the schedual so i can make it. Work was the big one but thats taken care of. So two more pesky meetings to get moved and I should be there too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ray do you know which McDonalds everyone was talking about meeting at? I'm still working on clearing a few things off the schedual so i can make it. Work was the big one but thats taken care of. So two more pesky meetings to get moved and I should be there too.

A bunch of us are meeting at the McDonalds on the square, right by the top of State Street, at 9:15. Join us?
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:29:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A bunch of us are meeting at the McDonalds on the square, right by the top of State Street, at 9:15. Join us?

I'm going to do my best, I got off work by a strange happening of events but now might be needed to come in and work, I've also got two pesky ass meetings that people don't seem to want to either move to later in the day or postpone till wed. I'm still trying though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
The public hearing STARTS at 10am.  There will be a pro-CCW RALLY from noon to 1pm and then the hearing will start up again.

I WILL DEFINITELY BE THERE!  So will my wife.  I'm trying to get as many of the student gun club members as possible to meet us, but it doesn't look like many (if any) but me will be there.

9:15 at McD's is cool with me, but I expect to be inside the capitol building by 9:30.  If as many people show up as I'm hoping, there won't be many free seats.

Oh, and my cell number is 608-215-7794 if anyone can't find me.  

-Anthony
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I won't be at this workshop since I have a S.A.F.E.R. (Student Alliance for Firearm Education and Responsibility) meeting at the same time.  Just thought I'd share the message.

***REMINDER***

You can still join us at the Right to Carry Workshop if you have not RSVP’d yet.

The workshop will be held at the Coliseum Bar, 232 E Olin Ave, Madison, WI.  You can register at the door.  If you need directions, please feel free to contact Sporting Heritage at the phone number listed below or by replying to this e-mail. The workshop starts at five but feel free to join us at any time and enjoy a meal and drinks at the reception following the workshop with Sporting Leaders from around the country.

We look forward to seeing you there.

RIGHT TO CARRY WORKSHOP & RALLY

Sponsored by Sporting Heritage Inc.

2:30 pm to 4:30 pm        Lobby Legislators on the Personal Protection Act

5:00 pm to 7:00 pm        Right to Carry Grassroots Workshop  (Cost $25 – Please See below for Details)

Coliseum Bar – 232 E Olin Ave, Madison, WI

Sponsored by Sporting Heritage Inc

Presentations by:

National Rifle Association

Sporting Heritage Inc

Wisconsin Pro-Gun Movement

Wisconsin Concealed Carry

7:00 pm to 9:00 pm        Social Reception with Sporting Leaders from around Wisconsin and the Country

September, 9, 2003

9:00 am to 10:00 am      Lobby Legislators on the Personal Protection Act

10:00 am to 11:45 am    Hearing on the Personal Protection Act

411 South – State Capitol, Madison

12:00 pm to 1:00 pm      RALLY ON THE STEPS OF THE CAPITOL FOR THE PERSONAL PROTECTION ACT

West Wing Entrance, State Street

1:00 pm to 4:00 pm        Hearing Resumes

PLEASE RSVP BY SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 7th FOR EARLY REGISTRATION. CALL (608) 628-0771 or e-mail: [email protected] to register.  The cost of the Workshop is $25 which includes a catered meal.

Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i still cant figger out were that is..if any one can post how to get there and were to park comming from E wash that would be a big help BTW if any one need my cell its
608-338-6231 just dont leave a voice mail i forgot my damn password
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:35:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Maud-Dib writes

9:15 at McD's is cool with me, but I expect to be inside the capitol building by 9:30. If as many people show up as I'm hoping, there won't be many free seats.

Tattoo writes

i still cant figger out were that is..

Anthony's point about seats is a good one. Why don't we change plans slightly and meet on the State Street steps to the Capitol at 9:15 instead. Otherwise Tattoo, from East Wash, your best bet is to turn right on Webster (which is just before you run into the Capitol square), and follow Webster for two blocks until it makes a left turn and becomes Dayton. That'll take you right by the Dayton Street parking ramp. From there, it's a 1 block walk to the Capitol.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#11]
If we're going to change the meeting place, please post something at this thread that I have tacked in GD.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=204621&w=myTopicPop
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#12]
nah i got it figgered out i think he should all still meet at the mc d's.. i KNOW i can find food
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#13]
McD's it is, then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top