Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 11:00:26 AM EDT
Tomorrow being the 9 year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, I think we will have bacon wrapped pork chops for dinner and if we go some where, I will ask my wife to wear something revealing and walk ahead of me.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll join in for that idea, and make a bacon explosion.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Fox is playing a bunch of tapes of 9/11 It's sad and it angers me so much that people are forgetting or out right ignorng that this is a fight to the death.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#4]
While I wouldn't have burned a book, I find myself rather pissed so many people in our country seem to be cowering that somebody else wants to do so and are pressuring them not to as they're afraid of pissing off someone else.  does anyone stand up for anything anymore????
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]

The U.S. Flag Code states: "The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning"

In 2002 my Boy Scout Troop started collecting and retiring flags –– it was a year after 9/11 - many people bought flags following 9/11 and due to leaving them out, etc - many were tattered. So we placed collection boxes all around town (down to two locations now) and every year on September 11th we hold a ceremony.  

I just got back from tonight's ceremony...

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:32:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I've seen multnomah county residents burning old glory and then stomp on it to show their distain against the war
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I always think it is ironic that the people who burn the flag to show their disdain for the policies of the government, don't realize that it is the policies of the very government they are protesting against that allows them to openly show their disdain.  There are many countries around the world where open criticism of the government will get you imprisoned...or worse.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#8]
They do it out of hate, we do it out of love... It kills me everytime I see people burning our Flag out of hate...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top