Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 7:42:00 AM EDT
After a long week I had the chance to get out and do some driving with the Mrs. new SUV and ended up going past the West End range, anyone up for a 9/11 shoot?

West End range is located in West Virginia off of route 33 west of Harrisonburg Virginia and is easy access.

View of road as start down the mountain.

Range sign

View from benches

Parking lot shot

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#1]
YOU, you just goto hell and do not pass go and do not collect $200.  
Nice pics BTW.

Now get your ass over here and rescue me.  Kidnap me or do whatever to free me from my desk.

I'll be lucky to get off early enough to take the wife out for dinner for our anniversary next Saterday.

Yes, my mangina hurts.  Blow me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to go to the West end range before I discovered Hite Hollow.  They are equal distance from NOVA, but Hite is 50 yards longer.    Both are nice ranges.  Be sure not to cook your brakes driving down to west end range.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
YOU, you just goto hell and do not pass go and do not collect $200.  
Nice pics BTW.

Sent me back and you are next in line to go.

Now get your ass over here and rescue me.  Kidnap me or do whatever to free me from my desk.

Wish I could brother, but who will lead?[:D]

I'll be lucky to get off early enough to take the wife out for dinner for our anniversary next Saterday.

Yes, my mangina hurts.  Blow me.

Momma comes first and we will get a quiet day at the range, your ammo is loaded.[:E]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I used to go to the West end range before I discovered Hite Hollow.  They are equal distance from NOVA, but Hite is 50 yards longer.    Both are nice ranges.  Be sure not to cook your brakes driving down to west end range.  

You are correct!

Miles are within 3 or less to Hite Hollow, only thing I have to gripe about HH is that walking up hill to set targets tend to make my Knees feel like I need surgery again.

Mommas SUV got over 30 MPG on the mountains around the gap and back, she wanted a RAV4 and that is what she got.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#5]
30 minutes and freedom is in sight.  I will give you a call when I have a cold one in my hand.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#6]
If my future inlaws weren't comming in this weekend I would jump at the chance to go but sadly I am going to be stuck home intertaining the GF's parents.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:04:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been there a couple of times, its nice.  But on the 11th, I gotta work.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:48:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got the BB King concert at Wolff Trap the evening of 9/11. What time are we talking on the range trip? It's on the way north for me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've got the BB King concert at Wolff Trap the evening of 9/11. What time are we talking on the range trip? It's on the way north for me.

I like to go early and that is first light and enjoy the range before others get there, if no one cares to go I may go to Sleepy Creek and shoot my new Bolt action.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top