Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 7:47:13 AM EDT
The approx. 150 members of the 890th Transportation Co., Ashwaubenon (Green Bay), returned from Iraq this week.  My son was among them.  The ol' lady and I went up to Volk Field on Tues. to see the plane arrive.  There were a some emotional moments and even Mr. Hardass here will admit to having a few tears.  A two-star general gave a short speech.  He made a point of stating that he was happy to see the ENTIRE Company back.  There were NO causualties!  Injuries, yes, but they ALL came back on their own two feet.  Praise the Lord!

We went to Tomah for a demob briefing at Ft. McCoy and a "Welcome Home" banquet on Thurs..  I got to see and meet the people that my son has been with for the past year.  WHAT A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS/GIRLS!  The banquet was at the Cranberry Lodge (nice place!) and I'm sure they did well$$$ with all the beer that went over the bar.

The troops are being released today finally.  Trans. got messed up, so we're going to Fond du Lac where he's being dropped off.

Again, a really great group of people!  Made me feel good about the US, the Military and people in general.  Awesome!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
...they ALL came back on their own two feet.  Praise the Lord!!

Thank you both, and congrats on the joyous homecoming!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Good deal, welcome Home and a job well done....
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Good to hear, please pass along my thanks to him for his service.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#4]
To you, your son, and all of the troops

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#5]
congrats and a big thanks to you and your family.

BTH
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:17:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Good to hear they demobed at McCoy and not that hellhole Shelby.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:31:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Guys!  See y'all at the Waukesha show this coming weekend.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top