Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 12:22:35 PM EDT

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

p.s. it is funny to see MAAs w/ their sleeves rolled up.

It is funny to see MAAs in dungarees. I've been so used to seeing them in CUUs that the picture looked strange. Now, the service uniform is going to be blue digital cammies.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
What the heck are CUUs?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What the heck are CUUs?

Camoflauge Utility Uniforms. Worn by the Seabees, Coastal Warfare, Cargo Handling, etc.

Army and Air Force call them BDUs (Battle Dress Uniforms).
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What the heck are CUUs?

Camoflauge Utility Uniforms. Worn by the Seabees, Coastal Warfare, Cargo Handling, etc.

Army and Air Force call them BDUs (Battle Dress Uniforms).

Are they the solid green ones that the divers and Seabees wear/wore?  I got out in '91, so I suspect a bunch of stuff has changed.  I know they started putting names on the dungarees over the right pocket instead of the left.  What was the deal with that?  I guess they'll make you wear your crow on both sleeves before long, and you'll have to trade in your cracker jacks too.  

My rating doesn't even exist any more.  Only one of the ships I served on is still in service.  The other ones are razor blades.  Sucks to get old.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#7]
those are even the old style dungarees with the pockets sewn on the outside. not seen them in years.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:11:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Are they the solid green ones that the divers and Seabees wear/wore?  

No, they are the woodland cammies. However, we'll be getting something new soon. Digital, like the Marines and Army. Air Force is actually going to Tiger Stripe. We had some USCG attached to us that wore the BDUs also.

Everyone will have their own uniforms.  What a logistical pain.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I wished we could have just worn coveralls all the time like the bubbleheads.  Especially when you're at sea.  Who gives a crap?  In port, I can understand why the want you to look somewhat presentable.

Do they let ya'll grow beards at sea?  Once in a while they'd let us do it for CFC or some other charity.  I worked midshift a lot.  Sometimes we'd see who could go the longest without shaving before getting caught by one of the chiefs or officers.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top