Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 12/26/2016 9:42:22 PM EDT
Got tickets for the Dropkick Murphy's concert towards the end of February, what's security screening like there? Pat downs, wands?

Just need to know if I need to leave the knife and gun in the car. I'm fine with ankle carrying if it gets me past security.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Interested as I am going as well.  

1st time for DM, been getting more into 'Irish' music the last couple of years.  Big fan of Gaelic Storm and they are playing after Iowa Wild Hockey game on 3/18.  Will be there as well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interested as I am going as well.  

1st time for DM, been getting more into 'Irish' music the last couple of years.  Big fan of Gaelic Storm and they are playing after Iowa Wild Hockey game on 3/18.  Will be there as well.
View Quote

I know last time I was at Wells Fargo they were wanding people, but didn't go below the waist, so ankle carry was not an issue.

We should try and meet up at DKM.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I would expect rather diligent security based on previous events. I have not been to a concert there since the shooting, so no up-to-date knowledge.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/local/clive/2016/09/28/2-who-died-7-flags-killed-each-other/91179588/

Note that the venue had heightened security for this ball too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 2:13:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would expect rather diligent security based on previous events. I have not been to a concert there since the shooting, so no up-to-date knowledge.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/local/clive/2016/09/28/2-who-died-7-flags-killed-each-other/91179588/

Note that the venue had heightened security for this ball too.
View Quote

Yeah, they said they had patdowns, just not sure if anyone on here knows how thorough they are on patdowns.

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Huh, I didn't know they were coming.  That would be a fun show.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Friday February 24th. Plenty of time to get a ticket still.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:03:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Huh, I didn't know they were coming.  That would be a fun show.
View Quote

@timthemedic

My dad got me the tickets for me and him to go, he's fighting the flu, so he might not be able to go. Text me if you might be free to go.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#8]
7 Flags usually employs dudes that wear tactical belts with empty holsters for security, and typically a few uniformed officers as well depending on venue type. 

Can't remember patdowns, I was there last in July. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
7 Flags usually employs dudes that wear tactical belts with empty holsters for security, and typically a few uniformed officers as well depending on venue type. 

View Quote

Any wanding?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:33:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@timthemedic

My dad got me the tickets for me and him to go, he's fighting the flu, so he might not be able to go. Text me if you might be free to go.
View Quote
IM sent.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:53:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I will be there as well!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Any wanding?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
<strong>Quoted:</strong>

Any wanding?

Not that I remember. I was last there for a metal concert, if that matters.

I'm almost certain I had a folder in my pocket that went unnoticed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#13]
There was one shirt security dude that walked out from the door.  He did a very perfunctory wand from mid thigh to armpit.  

They were rushing due to the very long line out the door most way through the 1st opening act.  Definitely could have ankle carried.  I had a folder in my boot and most of a bottle of whiskey in my coat.  
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top