Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2005 5:15:12 AM EDT
I'm live in Jackson County, within 1/2 mile of Ingham county. Kinda ruarl so my range is my backyard. Out to 150 yards. Kinda nice to watch the deer and coyotes play.  

And the ocasional stray cat...hehe

Any other neighbors this way?
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 6:02:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Geez that practically makes you & Jennifer neighbors.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 6:17:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm live in Jackson County, within 1/2 mile of Ingham county. Kinda ruarl so my range is my backyard. Out to 150 yards. Kinda nice to watch the deer and coyotes play.  

And the ocasional stray cat...hehe

Any other neighbors this way?

Welcome!!!    I didn't see the thread earlier or I would have replied.  I'm pretty close - I'm in Okemos.  I usually shoot here:  Capital City Rifle Club
It's a good club.  I'm a new member there and have only been there 4-5 times but every time I go there someone is shooting an AR or an AK, so you won't get any funny looks if you're shooting a semi-auto.  I've got 3 little ones (and one on the way), so I don't get out that often.  The next time I'm shooting is on Saturday 3/12 at the club's CMP clinic.  I know at least one other member is showing up.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to be at CCRC next weekend, too, for the CMP thing, but I've never tried it before, so I should probably not admit that. I'm pretty sure to be bad at it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm going to be at CCRC next weekend, too, for the CMP thing, but I've never tried it before, so I should probably not admit that. I'm pretty sure to be bad at it.

I wouldn't worry about it.  This will be my first "official" CMP shoot, too.  I shot at the Club's "Frozen Chosin" match but that didn't require any offhand shooting.  

BTW, are you still trying to recruit people to shoot at Perry?
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#5]
OK sorry to jump in here..

I am from Metro Detroit

BUT

I posted a thread here a couple mths back looking to rent some good hunting land in Jackson for all of bow and rifle season, if not at least a little of both season.

ANYONE in Jackson who has a nice chunk of land and would lease it, or knows of someone or has an idea where I should put an ad for this PLEASE let me know.

I just figured with all of you Jackson guys looking at this thread it couldn't hurt to ask here.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice to meet you today, Danno.

I'm gonna need a lot of practice. My left arm is not strong enough.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nice to meet you today, Danno.

I'm gonna need a lot of practice. My left arm is not strong enough.

Good meeting you too.  Let me know how the trip to Perry goes.  My wife and I are expecting a baby in late July, so there's no way I'm going this year (or next year, for that matter).  But I'd like to make it there someday.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Ha! As bad as I did today, I dunno about Camp Perry. I plan on going, but not sure about shooting. We'll see.

I'm going to give the carbine a try next time..the M1 really is pretty heavy and even when I wasn't having feeding/ejecting problems, my score went down as my arm got tired.

Enjoy the kiddos while they're little..there will be plenty of time for CMP when they're bigger and don't want to hang out with you anymore (or like mine, were barely up by the time I got home. :) )
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:54:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey guys.

I moved to Ingham County just outside of East Lansing last year. I shoot at Chief Okemos. I haven't been out there much this winter b/c its my first winter outside of SC so it has taken a little getting used to. I plan on shooting much more as soon as it warms up a bit. I left all my shooting buddies back in SC so I've been working on getting my wife into shooting and suprisingly she has come to love shooting her Beretta and my Bushy.

I've only shot at Chief Okemos a handful of times and there were never more than one or two other people there - so - I haven't seen anyone else shooting AR's or AK's. I would like to shoot an AK to see if I get the bug. I'm always looking for a reason to buy a new gun.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:04:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I am on just on the boarder of Napoleon, in Jackson. Any ideaa of when the Sharon Valley range is open? I go up to Shooters Coral every so oftern when its warm enough and Total Firearms in Holt when it isn't. i wish some one would open an indoor range in Jackson on close by.

Also any recomendations on where to buy an AR ?. If I had to list the shops i the area by prices from highest to lowest I'd go with the following:

1)Schupachs
2) Johnsons
3) Total
4) Gander Mountain ( Coldwater)
5) J.T.s ( But he never has any inventory and I like to handle what I am buying.
6) Cabellas
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#11]
ms329 - here are my comments (for what they are worth) on the local shops. I recently shopped around for a Bushy M4-gry. Due to supply I ended up buying one at a gun show. I got a no-ban Bushy M4 A3 new in case for <$1000. It was the only Bushy M4 A3 at the show. There was a no-ban Bushy M4 A2 for $800. I thought that was a good deal. Most shops that I talked to quoted me prices >$1100 and they didn't have the gun in stock. Of course everyone could order it but who knows what the shipping time would be like besides long.

1) Schupachs - didn't deal with
2) Johnsons - didn't deal with
3) Total - tried to buy a Bushy M4-gry but they were not in stock. They tried to sell me a post-ban gun with a collapsable stock as one with pre-ban features. It was still missing the bayonet lug and flash hider. They asked "why would you want a bayonet lug?"  They kept saying they had guns ordered and that were in shipment but they would not call me when they came in. They said the only way I could find out is to call daily. I'm not going to work that hard to buy a gun from a shop. The owner on the other hand was very nice and helpful - just not the others that I talked to.
4) Gander Mtn - I buy ammo from the one on the west side of Lansing. Ammo prices are pretty good for what I buy. This one doesn't carry AR's IIRC.
5) JT's - didn't deal with
6) Cabellas - didn't deal with but I am itching to go. I am afraid though that I will spend every penny I have on ammo.  I didn't think they carried AR's but I am not sure since I haven't been in their shop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top