Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 4:59:36 PM EST
Help me out folks, I need some info. I have an AR-10 (the SEBR) That I plan on hunting with. Everyone said that there is a 5 round limit for mags. All I have are 10's and 20's. I have looked in the hunters pamphlet and even called the Wildlife main office. They could not site a refference for me. Does anyone know where that might be?

Any help would be appreciated!

Sauramen
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:27:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By Sauramen:
Help me out folks, I need some info. I have an AR-10 (the SEBR) That I plan on hunting with. Everyone said that there is a 5 round limit for mags. All I have are 10's and 20's. I have looked in the hunters pamphlet and even called the Wildlife main office. They could not site a refference for me. Does anyone know where that might be?

Any help would be appreciated!

Sauramen

A couple guys who hunt here in WA told me they only load 5 cartridges in their rifles (non AR types). However, just in case, I'm planning to get a 5 rounds mag. Very cheap compared to the hassle.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:46:59 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:59:17 PM EST
Let me take a look in the Big Game regs and see if anything pops out at me.

You can just block your 10rd or 20rd magazines using a piece of wooden dowel of you don't want to splurge on a 5rd magazine. Dowel ords are cheaper than a $35 magazine.

Ok I see where the specify a maximum of 3 shells in a shotgun for hunting game birds.

I don't see anything that specifies a magazine capacity limit for big game though.

Searching for magazine gives one hit, and that has to do with it being illegal to have a loaded rifle in a vehicle.

No hits for rounds or capacity.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:48:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By Phil_in_Seattle:

You can just block your 10rd or 20rd magazines using a piece of wooden dowel of you don't want to splurge on a 5rd magazine. Dowel ords are cheaper than a $35 magazine.

Ok I see where the specify a maximum of 3 shells in a shotgun for hunting game birds.

I don't see anything that specifies a magazine capacity limit for big game though.

Searching for magazine gives one hit, and that has to do with it being illegal to have a loaded rifle in a vehicle.

Yea, you can have a loaded magazine though, but it cant be attached to the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:10:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By A96HondaAccordEX:

Originally Posted By Phil_in_Seattle:

Yea, you can have a loaded magazine though, but it cant be attached to the rifle.

Yes, I know, that's state law though, not a game regulation.

Loaded firearm in vehicle -- Unlawful use or possession -- Penalty.

(1) A person is guilty of unlawful possession of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle if:

(a) The person carries, transports, conveys, possesses, or controls a rifle or shotgun in or on a motor vehicle; and

(b) The rifle or shotgun contains shells or cartridges in the magazine or chamber, or is a muzzle-loading firearm that is loaded and capped or primed.

(2) A person is guilty of unlawful use of a loaded firearm if the person negligently shoots a firearm from, across, or along the maintained portion of a public highway.

(3) Unlawful possession of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle or unlawful use of a loaded firearm is a misdemeanor.

(4) This section does not apply if the person:

(a) Is a law enforcement officer who is authorized to carry a firearm and is on duty within the officer's respective jurisdiction;

(b) Possesses a disabled hunter's permit as provided by RCW 77.32.237 and complies with all rules of the department concerning hunting by persons with disabilities.

(5) For purposes of this section, a firearm shall not be considered loaded if the detachable clip or magazine is not inserted in or attached to the firearm.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:32:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By JAFO:
I have never found a law citing any mag limit. This isn't to say it doesn't exist, but I haven't seen one, and I have looked.

This has nothing to do with the Topic, but this was Post 1911 for you...

As for the Topic, load 5 and have fun.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:55:22 PM EST
jI wntet down ot teh Miill Creekk ofice adn asssked spefficially abtou tishs. tHey saaid a no maag limit. you'ree god to go.

-U-
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:22:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By -UHLEK-:
jI wntet down ot teh Miill Creekk ofice adn asssked spefficially abtou tishs. tHey saaid a no maag limit. you'ree god to go.

-U-

Christ!...did you lose one of your fingers, or are you typing drunk again?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:07:24 AM EST
I have used my M1a, FAL and SMLE to hunt with for a long time. The gamies never say anything but "What is it". The gamies told me that WA only has round limit for shotguns, I believe to comply with fedral migartory bird laws.
Scored a nice big 2pt last monday with my M1a.

DD
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:50:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By R-32:

-U-

I was wondering wtf myself......

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:48:35 PM EST
Thanks folks!

I went out today with my SEBR and a 20 rounder. I saw probably 40 does all told and 1 spike just as we were leaving. I appreciate all your help!

Sauramen
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:31:32 PM EST
I wish I could fit 5 rounds in my rifle. I get 4, and if/when I go to an Ultra Mag, I'll only get 3.

shot placement

shot placement

shot placement
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:57:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By HABU:
I wish I could fit 5 rounds in my rifle. I get 4, and if/when I go to an Ultra Mag, I'll only get 3.

shot placement

shot placement

shot placement

Ultra Mag BetaMag?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:22:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By CavVet:

Originally Posted By R-32:

-U-

I was wondering wtf myself......

You know what's REAL funny? I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER TYPING THIS!!

I was SOOOOOOOOO plowed last night.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:57:02 AM EST
You might want to check out www.armalite.com

or

http://www.cmmginc.com

They might have a 5 magazine. I know www.cmmginc.com sells 5 round mag for the 223.

Good luck.

Here's pics of my AR15

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/be9c804f/cab2/__sr_/b3bf.jpg?phDE4eBBrKG9hz8R
Top Top