Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 5:53:47 AM EDT
Anyone in the StL (arnold) area like to do these things? Spring is coming and I need to find some more people to go offroading with. I have a wrangler and a quad so I can do either.
So, anyone up to getting together and having a bit of mud/sand/rocky fun anytime soon??
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad you don't live closer to Jeff City or Columbia, Gary, or I'd take you up on it.  I used to  go to Finger Lakes to ride, but haven't lately since my riding buddy started building his new house.  Now I mostly just hot rod around on my parents place in the summertime.

I've been itching to someday go to St. Joe State Park (?) where I heard they've got sand dunes.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey! I ain't  but an hour away from St. Joes, I was there saturday even (before the storms hit that is) and yes, it is a lot of sand and some fairly nice trails through the woods. If you ever  decide to try it out let me know,  I can meet you there.
Many many years ago I took a dirt bike to finger lakes, If I remember it coprrectly it was all wooded trails. Is it still like that? I have considered putting the quad in the back of the truck for a MoDCC shoot and just dropping in on finger lakes for a bit on the way home.
Oh, at St. Joes bikes and quads only in the woods, dune buggies, jeeps and trucks have to stay down in the sand flats.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep they are still pretty much still all wooded trails.  The thing at St. Joe sounds like fun.  I may take you up on it later on in the spring or this summer.  I still need to put a new clutch in my 4-wheeler.  Evidently they don't like sitting around not being ridden for 6-8 mos.  At least that is what I was told was the most likely reason it went out.

I'll have to play it by ear though, momma's due again in August with #5.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top