Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 3:37:44 PM EDT
Just was given a 45.70 sharps rifle.....  Sharps  ........this looks like a blast to shoot. It was made by "Rocky Mountain Armory" of Colorado Springs Colorado. How much is a box of ammo for this BMF here in Nevada...its different in other states. .
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Not exactly a "walking" rifle is it!  15LBS?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice OT.

Now all you need is a bayonet lug, conspiciously protruding pistol grip, a flash suppressor and a bayonet. Oh yea, and a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

Once you do all that, 60 Minutes will do a story on how it is the terrorist's weapon of choice and how it will bring down a commercial airliner at 36,000 feet traveling at 550 MPH from five miles away. Then the Brady's will want to ban it.

Yep, enjoy that good Ol' Sharps while ya' can.

ETA: That is a mighty fine lookin' shootin' iron.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah its a heavy mutha but what the hell. ishoot2live I'll have my brother weld an ak bayo lug on it and put a pistol grip on while hes at it. Sharps AK45.70
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep,

The 'ooolllll Sharps Automatic Single Strike Assault Rifle. Complete with a 30 round, tooled leather high capacity ammunition transporting device.

How that evil weapon ever snuck under the radar of the Brady Bunch is beyond me.

BTW: Is that thang legal in Kommiefornia?    
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell, should be leagl in kommiefornia even.....single shot, of course you can take a brick wall down with it but its still a single shot  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hell, should be leagl in kommiefornia even.....single shot, of course you can take a brick wall down with it but its still a single shot  

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#7]
take out a brick wall when you rest the butt on it!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#8]
It started life with a 38 inch barrel...LOL he cut it down to 20 inchs. Said it made a big difference LOL.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:54:45 AM EDT
[#9]
wow...nice gift!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#10]
My buddy (when I was stationed at Minot ND) had a Mt Armory Sharps carbine (16 month back order back in 1996) with custom sheath.

It was one of the top ten most beautifully handcrafted weapon I have EVER seen (I have seen alot worldwide).

It is an injustice not seeing it in person. The wood is magical pattern you could get lost in.

It truely is a GEM!

You are a LUCKY man.

V
OUT

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top