Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/23/2006 4:24:49 PM EDT
Well, my wife has a job offer in Alaska and it looks like there is a very good chance that I will be moving there soon (I don't know what I will do for a job yet, but I'm sure I will find something - currently I am in insurance). Anyway, I have become VERY addicted to 3-gun competitions here and I was wondering if there are any 3-gun matches or something similar in Alaska. I will be living around Anchorage if this deal works out, but I am willing to travel a little to shoot. Any inforamtion will be appreciated.

Have gun, will travel

Oh yeah, any advice on moving, housing, etc. will be appreciated as well. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:58:26 PM EDT
Just what I need. Another person to beat me

Fairbanks has them now and then in the summer (both days)

Dunno much about Anchorage other than its too big for me.

Good luck
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:29:23 PM EDT
Just so you know, Anchorage really isnt in Alaska, but its kind of like the pitstop to get there
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:58:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:36:26 PM EDT
You guys are a riot

texnAK - You have a summmer? I bet it doesn't get that cold in Phoenix in the winter. I may have to make the drive (long, I know) and check one of your shoots out.

usafgrad - I understand what you are saying about Anchorage - I don't plan on enjoying living in the city (I never have anywhere else I have lived, anyway). However, at least I will be a little closer to Alaska than I am now!

Shadowblade - I am doing the 50-mile one-way commute right now to avoid living in Phoenix. I work there, but I live in a community of 3,000. It may be a long drive, but it is worth it IMHO. Housing is the same way here - the city is way overpriced and the outlying areas are rising as well. I hope in a year or so I could meove out of the city if all goes well. What is your annual shoot-out?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:43:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:05:48 PM EDT
I competed in one last June held by AIM-COMM in Fairbanks. I took first in the Cooper Assault

So yes, there are some.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:05:14 PM EDT
Any time you go into the city, you may become involved in a 3 gun match.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:04:44 AM EDT
Sylvan - I was thinking 12 gauge, .45 ACP, .223 / .308. However, when in Rome...

20iner - It's looking like Fairbanks is going to be my best bet - have any pictures or links to any pictures of the competitions up there?

Rabon - So from what intel I have about the area and from what I have gleaned here, the best place to seek out a 3-gun match is the North-West part of Anchorage, by the docks, right? That is why I am always well-armed here - it is getting rediculous crime-wise.

Well, I should have more info this week. If I wind up moving I'll finally be able to get out my winter clothes again - but only after the scorpions and spiders that are hiding in them are cold enough to be inactive!

Guess I better look at the ferry (boat) info and see how soon this can happen. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get firearms to Alaska since I won't be flying?
Top Top