Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2010 4:21:35 AM EDT
Trying to get my brother involved with 3 gun but I am from VA Beach.  Anyone know of any good 3 guns I could take him to up in NOVA?  He is in Manassas and I think anything within an hour of there would be fine.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 5:10:09 AM EDT
They have matches close to Richmond at Cavalier and Black Creek.

Are you going to the Blackwater 3 gun matches?
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 5:20:35 AM EDT
Yep, I just went to one last week.  Great setup down there.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 5:59:12 AM EDT
It's a little bit farther, but Summit Point has started 3gun matches - next one is in Sept.  Check out spshooters.com.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 1:52:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2010 5:14:19 PM EDT by therex]

Originally Posted By wmounts:

It's a little bit farther, but Summit Point has started 3gun matches - next one is in Sept. Check out spshooters.com.

Wait, for serious?

Why wasn't I informed of this?!?

I might have to un-ass myself from the tech shed and mosey on over to spectate the handgun match on the 21st...

Link Posted: 8/14/2010 4:02:54 AM EDT
Oooh!  I am very interested.  Looked at the site and it states multi-gun.  Semantics aside is it truly 3-gun (pistol, rife and shotgun)?

Link Posted: 8/14/2010 5:20:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JRX35:
Oooh!  I am very interested.  Looked at the site and it states multi-gun.  Semantics aside is it truly 3-gun (pistol, rife and shotgun)?

Actually, the semantics are important (apparently)...  I've been told that multi-gun means that more than one gun is used on a stage, whereas with 3-gun, it may be pistol on one stage, rifle on another, etc.
I cannot confirm this, however.  
The previous Summit Point Multi-gun used multiple guns on each stage.
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 6:14:59 PM EDT

Actually, the semantics are important (apparently)...  I've been told that multi-gun means that more than one gun is used on a stage, whereas with 3-gun, it may be pistol on one stage, rifle on another, etc.
I cannot confirm this, however.  
The previous Summit Point Multi-gun used multiple guns on each stage.

True- rifle and pistol can be also interpreted as multi-gun. I will try to participate in the September event.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 4:39:21 AM EDT
As long as the fates don't intervene, expect to see me and kcobean there also. I will require you to sign a non-disclosure statement so that you can't tell the rest of Arfcom just how poorly I perform.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 6:05:21 AM EDT
As long as the fates don't intervene, expect to see me and kcobean there also. I will require you to sign a non-disclosure statement so that you can't tell the rest of Arfcom just how poorly I perform.

Practice makes perfect. Maybe Olivers AR will attend as well as we all did at the GSSF.

Link Posted: 8/15/2010 8:21:28 AM EDT

Practice makes perfect. Maybe Olivers AR will attend as well as we all did at the GSSF.

Let's try to rope him in... I thought I had him in for the last one at Cavalier, but he lamely chose work instead of play.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 12:15:36 PM EDT
After being out on the range both yesterday and today, decided that this is more fun then writing proposals on the weekends ;)  Should have most of the proposal work done in August, so put me on the list for Sept.

I did fire a Benelli M4 today and managed to put a decent group of slugs together at 25 yards.  What can I sell to raise funds for a new one or find a used one  With replaceable chokes, it can solve many solutions , skeet/trap, Multi-gun, hunting, SD, removing engine blocks, etc.

Let's try to rope him in... I thought I had him in for the last one at Cavalier, but he lamely chose work instead of play.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2010 12:19:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By olivers_AR:
After being out on the range both yesterday and today, decided that this is more fun then writing proposals on the weekends ;)  Should have most of the proposal work done in August, so put me on the list for Sept.

I did fire a Benelli M4 today and managed to put a decent group of slugs together at 25 yards.  What can I sell to raise funds for a new one or find a used one  With replaceable chokes, it can solve many solutions , skeet/trap, Multi-gun, hunting, SD, removing engine blocks, etc.

Link Posted: 10/11/2010 5:05:51 AM EDT
To all who may care, 3gun match at Summit Point on Oct 31, USPSA match there Oct 30.
Five of us went to the last 3gun match - anyone want to come try it out?
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 5:47:57 AM EDT
I'm def interested. I'm always out there with my racecar, might as well be out there with my rifle a bit more ;)

A few months ago I had the opportuninty to do both hobbies in one day (Drifting and shooting)

Here is a vid that I put together from it. (I'm the guy in the Function Tuned 350z, and shooting my AR15 at the car)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Kvq5gUZnA

Kelly, can I borrow your shottie ? :D

Link Posted: 10/11/2010 4:30:51 PM EDT
Looks like way too much fun.
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 6:19:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MDracer76:
I'm def interested. I'm always out there with my racecar, might as well be out there with my rifle a bit more ;)

A few months ago I had the opportuninty to do both hobbies in one day (Drifting and shooting)

Here is a vid that I put together from it. (I'm the guy in the Function Tuned 350z, and shooting my AR15 at the car)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Kvq5gUZnA

Kelly, can I borrow your shottie ? :D

I have several to choose from.  Bring it on!
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 6:53:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mkriglet:
Looks like way too much fun.

yeah, pretty much...
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 4:59:08 PM EDT
Bump for Summit Point match this Sunday.  
Signup starts tonight at 9PM - 3gun Sunday, USPSA pistol Saturday.
spshooters.com
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 1:41:38 PM EDT
I will be at the close one for me, Cavalier Rifle and Pistol club 3 Gun Match. You Nova people need to expand and visit us this weekend.....
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 2:01:31 PM EDT
kcobean and I will be there.

recognition code?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:34:41 PM EDT
LaRue Tactical Hat
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:36:55 PM EDT
what color?  There tend to be quite a few of those around.  

I'll be in a black one...  shooting a no-name AR with a brand new Aimpoint, a Rem 1100 with a synthetic stock, and a G34.

Oh, and I'll be missing just about everything.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:57:27 PM EDT
UDE color, if I actually shoot, will have the LaRue OBR 5.56. Also, if cool enogh, will have a fleece Big Dog sweet shirt on. Or if you see anyone near a Blue Titan Nissan Truck with GBOT sticker. Tee-shirts are generally Life Is Good, Big Dog or some other Outter Banks t-shirt.

Still waiting to see if I am going to shoot with a friend since this one is team. I will be there either way.

If all else fells, look for the other guy shooting horrible and yell arfcomer.

Top Top