Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2012 5:44:31 AM EDT
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows of any local 3 gun competitions or any place I can practice 3 gun nearby?  I've never shot 3 gun before and would like to try it out.  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure what is local to you but there is a monthly one at Heidelberg Sportsmans's Association. Also there are 3 gun 3 man team shoots in Topton and York that I know of. Both of those fill up quick so sign up soon if you want to shoot in them.

Heidelberg Sportsman’s Association
20 Sportsman Ln.
Newmanstown, PA 17073

GPS coordinates: 40.291021,-76.290168

Registration 8:30-9:30AM
MANDATORY safety briefing 9:45AM
Shooting starts at 10:00AM
$10 per shooter

Guns needed:
Center fire semi auto pistol or revolvers, no magnum cartridges
Center fire semi auto magazine fed rifle, no larger than .308
Pump or semi auto shotgun

Ammo:
Up to 100 rounds Pistol
Up to 100 rounds Rifle
Up to 25 rounds Shotgun, no larger than 7 shot.

4 stages. No slings. No major/minor. Scoring is time plus. A - 0 sec added. B - 0 sec added. C - 1 sec added. D - 3 sec added. Miss - 5 sec added. No shoot hit - 10 sec added.

*****Round count in magazines is limited to what the stage calls for.****

Chamber flags are required for all long guns when not in use on the course. They sell them at the club for $2.50 a piece if you do not own any.

http://www.heidelbergsportsmensassociation.org

Here is the 2012 Schedule to plan in advance. Check back here before all shoots as dates are subject to change due to weather or any other unforeseen circumstances. The asterisks indicates a Sunday shoot.

February 18th
March 17th
April 21st
May 19th
June 16th
July 21st
August 18th
*September 16th
October 20th
*October 28th Zombie Shoot
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good! We are looking for practice before the Topton match!
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info awfroadan.  Heidelberg is only about an hour from me.  I'll be sure to look into it further. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#4]
awfroaddan: no sign up required? just show up?
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 6:29:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm interested in the same for the western side of the state.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 4:01:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We don't do any actual 3 gun (I wish...) but we do have various shooting events including silhouette, IDPA and NRA high power.  Far warning, all events are public but it is a private club.  If you're any where near, check it out.  Oh and we have a 1k rifle range too.

Almost halfway between Erie and Pittsburgh, 20 or so miles off of I80.

http://ridgwayrifleclub.com/
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We don't do any actual 3 gun (I wish...) but we do have various shooting events including silhouette, IDPA and NRA high power.  Far warning, all events are public but it is a private club.  If you're any where near, check it out.  Oh and we have a 1k rifle range too.

Almost halfway between Erie and Pittsburgh, 20 or so miles off of I80.

http://ridgwayrifleclub.com/

Sweet I have been looking for a place with competetions and I'm only 70 miles away.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
awfroaddan: no sign up required? just show up?

Yep this match you just show up. During the summer the turn out is larger and the shoot goes longer due to this but we've never had to turn anyone away that made it for the shooters meeting. If you're late you can be turned away.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:55:52 AM EDT
[#9]
http://toptonfga.org/IPSC.html

Dean is bring more 3gun 2gun to topton.

York has 2 or 3 matches a year iirc as well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top