Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2003 8:31:13 AM EDT
Texas Tactical will be putting on a 3 Gun Combat Match, Sunday August 31st, 2003 at the Blackhawk range in San Antonio, Texas. This is the 5th Sunday in August.
There will be 2 Handgun stages, 2 Rifle stages and 2 Shotgun stages. We will be using IDPA targets for the Handgun and Rifle stages and steel and balloons for the Shotgun stages. IDPA rules and scoring will be utilized! Use of available cover will be required. No "competition only" equipment may be used. All equipment must be of a practical nature. Please Email us at [email protected]. if you have any questions, Sign up will be at 0845hrs Hammer down at 0930hrs Map and directions to the Range can be found by following the link at the bottom of our webpage:
mywebpage.netscape.com/texastactical/tx.html

MATCH FEE: $20

DIVISIONS OF COMPETITION:

Handgun:

Custom Defensive Pistol

Stock Service Pistol

Enhanced Service Pistol

Stock Service Revolver.

Rifle:

Iron Sights

Optical Sights

Limited Division

Limited Division is for those wishing to compete with CCUs, Camp Carbines, Lever Actions or anything else that has a limited ammo capacity. (This Division will be limited to 10 rounds maximum in your rifle.)

Shotgun: To keep a level playing field all shotguns will be loaded with 6 rounds maximum (birdshot only)

Auto Loaders

Manual

(Manual Division will include any Manually operated shotgun, ie: Pumps, Bolt Action, Lever Actions)

If You have any questions feel free to Email or call. Hope to see y'all there!
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Mike,

Seeing MADUCE's post about their 3 gun matches..... Can we try a Drive By stage at a tactical carbine match sometime??  I mean, we can pile into the back of your pickup and just drive out in a field with lots of targets and see how many homiez we can bust a cap up in!  

hehehe

Link Posted: 8/22/2003 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Lol, we have shot from moving vehicles several times in the past. It is alot of fun. From a competition standpoint it is hard to make the playing field level for everyone. No two passes are going to be exactly alike. Some will get a slower run, thus increasing your time and making it theoretically easier to make your hits, and some will get a faster run with it being more bumpy, making it harder to make your hits. Using the Vickers count scoring system it is  impossible to make it fair for everyone. There are ways around this though. We will definetely do it again sometime in the future.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#3]
IM inbound!

c sends
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
sounds like fun.  I don't have a shotgun though.  I might look for one.  any recommendations?
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet.  I'm there.

No Compromise.  Get yourself to your nearest Academy Sports.  They normally carry Mossberg 500s and 590s for around $250 to $290.  I picked up a Winchester 1300 Defender for around $260.

I didn't see any Remington 870s (aside from the bird/deer guns).

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#6]
This is looking to be a really great match! (if I do say so myself lol)  This is a fund raising match to help raise the rest of the money needed to repair and replace the equipment that was lost due to the destruction of our range in Johnson City. We would love to have all shooters from Austin, San Antonio and all over come out and support us. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool Mike.  I'm planning on being there.

Also want to make a $$ donation to the cause.  How can I do that?  Paypal isn't an option.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn, Backstop, where ya' been?  I thought you pulled a Kaiser Sose.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Roped me a girlfriend!  WOOHOO!!
(Man if she saw this she'd whoop up on me)
Yep, life got busier, but I'm having a blast.

Would you believe- Remember that video we made?My VHS player went TU after I made the first copy.  So I can either bring you my VHS tape to copy or bring the Digital 8 tape for you.  Let me know.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#10]
You folks may want to pay attention to the posted speed limits tomorrow a.m.  A Sherriff has been hanging around Sheppard Road between 35 and Pearsall Road.  He caught me speeding fair and square three weeks ago in that spot.  Guess some other folks have seen him around there also.

Just a friendly heads up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top