Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2011 12:20:12 PM EDT
Who here has never had any formal instruction in service rifle shooting? Would anyone be interested in a short clinic on service rifle shooting?

I will be flying out from MCB Quantico to shoot in the Idaho service rifle championships over Labor Day weekend. There should be a number of other Marines attending, as well as members of other branches. I was previously a rifle and pistol coach, both military and for an NCAA Division 1 rifle team. I'd be happy to get together with some ARFCOMMERs the day prior to the matches. I'd also like to encourage any of you who are interested in participating in the matches to come out. The course of fire is shot with iron sights at 200 (10 rounds standing slow fire, 10 rounds sitting rapid fire), 300 (10 rounds prone rapid fire), and 600 (20 rounds prone slow fire) yards. If you do not have a weapon that meets the requirements to shoot, let me know and I will see about sourcing one for you either privately or via the .mil. Same goes for anyone who has friends they might be interested in bringing. Minimum age requirement is 14 if I recall correctly off the top of my head. Anyone interested?

Page Hometown » Utah
Top Top