BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/15/2005 12:43:16 PM EDT
3/25 Ohio Heros

Thank god they will be home soon!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
While I agree these men deserve a song, I'm not really happy that the song they chose is from the same band that's brought us "American Idiot". I'll leave it at that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
While I agree these men deserve a song, I'm not really happy that the song they chose is from the same band that's brought us "American Idiot". I'll leave it at that.

My thoughts as well. They were against the war.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Against the war"?

Those asshole little communist fags are against EVERYTHING associated with America. Worthless POS scumbags.

Damn I hate commies.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Against the war"?

Those asshole little communist fags are against EVERYTHING associated with America. Worthless POS scumbags.

Damn I hate commies.

YEa but its hip to protest your country and sing with a fake british accent.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Screw greenday and screw wmms.
What the hell were they thinking picking a song by
those assholes to honor our Marines.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#6]
"They" don't see it.  They're just doing something to make themselves feel good, like most liberial POS's.  Ever wonder how one minute "they" can call you "baby-killers" and the next "mourn" for you?
It's amazing!

I apoligize for hijacking the thread, now back to where this thread should be:

God Bless the 3/25th & Thank You!

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:50:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow this thread made a sharp turn towards the shithouse.

I may be wrong but I think the only reason for using the greenday song was because it is named "wake me up when september ends"Since the 3/25 Marines will be home on Oct.1 the song kinda fits.I don't think it had anything to do with the whining liberal thinking of that greaseball band.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#8]
That may very well be the case. But even if it is, someone needs to do their homework, or at least pay attention, a little more carefully.

My trigger finger starts to twitch when I hear the name "Green Day", or when one of their songs comes on the radio. I'm not sure if I hit the button to change the station faster on them, or on the Band Formerly Known as Metallica.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I may be wrong but I think the only reason for using the greenday song was because it is named "wake me up when september ends"Since the 3/25 Marines will be home on Oct.1 the song kinda fits.I don't think it had anything to do with the whining liberal thinking of that greaseball band.

I knew that was going to happen and had even typed out a comment about it before anyone else chimed in but I didnt want to ruin the theme. Everyone here that posts(mostly) has a great respect for our troops and wishes them all the best and speedy return. We dont like people that feel our troops are dying for nothing and that is basically how GD feels.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I knew that was going to happen and had even typed out a comment about it before anyone else chimed in but I didnt want to ruin the theme. Everyone here that posts(mostly) has a great respect for our troops and wishes them all the best and speedy return. We dont like people that feel our troops are dying for nothing and that is basically how GD feels.

As a father of a 3/25 Marine I understand completly,but sometimes a song is just a song.One good thing about this is that I have ripped the tribute from the wmms site and sent it all around to my son and his guys and all my buddies via the internet,so the greaseball band won't see a cent from it    

ETA.I had no idea that GD was as anti-everything as they are before these posts here,I rarely listen to any "modern"music or pay any attention to the new bands,ARCOM has taught me something new again.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top