Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/23/2006 1:10:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2006 3:27:02 PM EDT by mikefromphilly]
Here is a listing of Pro-2nd Amendment bills that I can find being proposed in the legislature.

Spread the word! Tell your district legislators to vote for these changes! Most importantly, remember and financially support the campaigns of those legislators who are sponsoring these pro-2nd amendment changes.

We have too many 2nd Amendment fakes who don’t lift a hand to help us. After the session ends, I will compile the 2nd Amendment voting record of each of the legislators so we all can see the ones who walk the walk, and who just talk the talk.

SB396 – No Duty To Retreat (Senate Version)

SB396
Sponsored By
Goggans,Greg 7th
Johnson,Eric 1st
Williams,Tommie 19th
Whitehead, Sr.,Jim 24th
Unterman,Renee 45th
Seabaugh,Mitch 28th

HB193 – Restaurant Carry (From long time friend of the 2nd Amendment, Rep. Franklin)

HB193
Franklin,Bobby 43rd
Coan,Mike 101st
Reese,Bobby 98th
Scott,Martin 2nd
Horne,Billy 71st

HB799 – State Park Carry

HB799
Sponsored By
Reese,Bobby 98th
Scott,Martin 2nd

HB998 – Parking Lot Possession

HB998
Graves,Tom 12th
Ehrhart,Earl 36th
Day,Burke 163rd
Jones,Jan 46th
Sheldon,Donna 105th
Smith,Bob 113th

HB1001 – Storage Within Vehicle (removal of open view rule)

HB1001
Sponsored By
Day,Burke 163rd
Horne,Billy 71st
Cox,Clay 102nd
Stephens,Ron 164th
Bearden,Timothy 68th

HB1061 – No Duty To Retreat (House Version – With Civil Liability Protection)

HB1061

Sponsored By
Wix,Don 33rd
Teilhet,Rob 40th
Porter,DuBose 143rd
Jamieson,Jeanette 28th
Powell,Alan 29th
Black,Ellis 174th

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:34:41 AM EDT
Good job, Mike. Thanks for the updates. I'll send some correspondence.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:51:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:16:12 AM EDT
Good work on this. I will definitely WRITE my representative.

Just a tip. I think I heard somewhere that snail mail has more effect than email. Just what I heard, don't know if its true, but it makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:48:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:58:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mikefromphilly:
HB1001 – Storage Within Vehicle (removal of open view rule)

HB1001
Sponsored By
Day,Burke 163rd
Horne,Billy 71st
Cox,Clay 102nd
Stephens,Ron 164th
Bearden,Timothy 68th

All of them sound great, but this one makes no sense. There is no requirement that the firearm be in open view. It can be in the console or the glove box without a license to carry.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:50:17 PM EDT
Great info.
I can only assume that the restraunt one is to eliminate the "if they serve alcohol" applicability right?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:52:33 PM EDT
If your rep's office is nearby, you can always stop by and let your views be heard in person. That beats a letter or a fax. Of course, you should shower, shave, use deoderant and take off the tinfoil hat before showing up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:24:45 PM EDT
I'm tuned in to this. My guys are typically pro-gun, so I'll se ejust how much.

I'll tell ya. I miss Paul Coverdell. That guy always sent me something letting me know he received my message and that he wouldn't compromise 2nd amendment stuff. It might have been a blanket message, but I got it. I never got anything back from Nathan Deal.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:27:46 PM EDT
We only need to contact our State Reps and not the U.S. reps for the state correct?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:15:42 AM EDT
Yes, this is for our STATE reps and senators. The federal/US reps aren't involved.

I just noticed that HR1061 is sponsored by DEMOCRATS and it seems like a great bill. Hopefully, this means a conservative Democrats are ready to take back thier party from the left wing nut cases. We need to help them!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:24:14 AM EDT
Mr. Richardson,
Thank you very much for your strong conservative presence and leadership of the Georgia House. I am proud to have you represent my home district in Paulding County.

I am asking for your support of some very important Self Protection bills that are being put in front of the House this year.These bills deal with loosening some restrictions on concealed carry and with strengthening my legal ability to protect myself and my family.

Please, support House Bills 193, 799, 998, 1001, and 1061.

Again, I greatly appreciate your strong conservative presence in the Georgia House.

Don't just talk about contacting your reps, do it!!!! These are great bills that will in reality reduce crime by letting law abiding citizens that carry have a greater presence in your daily surroundings.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:25:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 3:26:22 PM EDT by speedfreak955]
E-mail sent to Bill Hambrick state rep but I havent found a contact for Tom McCall If anyone has this please I.M. me House rep...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:01:14 PM EDT
this is a listing of the Reps, click on the contact hot link

Listing of Reps

this is a listing of the Senators

Senator Contacts

Here is a link to Rep McCall's contact info

Rep McCall

By the way, don't anyone forget that Gov. Perdue "put a lid" on concealed carry reform last year:

From the Feb 21, 2005, Atlanta Journal and Constitution:

“Both sides are telling us that Gov. Sonny Perdue has slapped a lid on the Legislature's efforts to ease restrictions on concealed weapons, so that hidden sidearms can be carried — by permitted owners — into many restaurants and some bars.”

Article Link
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:06:08 PM EDT
Thank you Mike!!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:59:10 AM EDT
These bills are critical that they become law.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:47:16 AM EDT
Bill Heath replied about SB396 and simply said "I plan on supporting this."

The only 5 words that I needed to see.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:51:50 PM EDT
Just got an e-mail alert on 998.

The Georgia House of Representatives will be considering House Bill 998 ("Georgia's Self Defense Act"), sponsored by Representative Tom Graves (R-12), as early as next week.

This bill would protect the rights of all Georgians who carry firearms in their vehicles for protection and other lawful purposes thereby stopping businesses from controlling what private property you have in your personal vehicle.

HB 998 passed out of the House Public Safety Committee this week. Please be sure to call your Representative today at (404) 656-0305 and voice your support of HB 998. You can find further contact information by using the "Write Your Representative" feature found at www.NRAILA.org.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:29:49 AM EDT

“Both sides are telling us that Gov. Sonny Perdue has slapped a lid on the Legislature's efforts to ease restrictions on concealed weapons, so that hidden sidearms can be carried — by permitted owners — into many restaurants and some bars.”

Article Link

You know...people in middle GA love this guy. But he has done more than a few things to piss me off.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:02:14 AM EDT
When are they expected to hear this?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:37:57 PM EDT
I have emailed my reps. Will call this week.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:54:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 9:11:18 AM EDT by WooDy_the_infidel]
Here is the reply i got back from my rep

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your input on the bills you mentioned.

On SB 396 and HB998 I am in support of their current form. HB 193, HB 799 and HB 1061 I need to study a little more before I have an opinion.

I would also like for you to look at HB 1032. It addresses the problem we have in Georgia right now where your carry permit is not valid for the purchase of a firearm, long or short. You currently will have to wait for the Federal back ground check to take place when purchasing. Our permit used to allow the bypassing of this since there was a back ground check done at the time of issue. This Bill will bring into line our proceedures and allow for the permit to allow for instant purchase the way it used to.

Thanks again for your input,

Terry

Terry England
Georgia House of Representatives
District 108

What do you guys think about this bill?
HB1032
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:11:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:27:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BookHound:
Your linky no worky. Try this one: HB1032.

Of course, I support this too.

Beat you to the correction by a few seconds.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:39:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By treelander:

Article Link

You know...people in middle GA love this guy. But he has done more than a few things to piss me off.

Yeah, the AJC is a reeaaallll trustworthy source.

I just got off the phone with Terry England, my Rep from Barrow County. We had a very long talk about these bills, at least one of which he is a sponsor, HB1032. He is a carry license holder and he said he is strongly supporting all these bills. We had a very long talk and he was very nice and even enthusiastic about the subject.

I mentioned to him the bit about Governor Perdue "slapping a lid" on any restrictions being eased and he said that was just the AJC hoping that it was true. He said that the Governor has issued no such proclamations or anything similar. He said it was just not true.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:36:51 PM EDT

Dear Chris,
Please know that I will support this bill when it comes to the floor of the Senate.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Ralph Hudgens

He didn't have a whole lot to say about it.
Top Top