Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 1:15:31 PM EST
It's been 2 months now since I droped off the paper work for my form 4 to be signed by
the cleo. What happend to "about 3 weeks"? Any one else have anything out there that has been waiting this long?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:47:31 PM EST
Have you called? Maybe it is done and lost in the pile.

I got mine in about 3-4 weeks the last few times.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:57:31 PM EST
I have tried and just keep getting bounced around by people that don't know what im talking about.
Anyone have a number or a name?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:42:12 PM EST
There is a four word fix for this problem:

Corp O Ra Tion.

SD
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:56:05 PM EST
I dropped my paper work at Joe's Place last week. How long should I expect? They had no time frame to give me.

TIA
Mike
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:24:52 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:10:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By Ameetec-Arms:
If you live in Chandler, it would be done in 2 days.

<ding!>
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:44:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 5:45:46 PM EST by prebans]

Originally Posted By TopCrest:

Originally Posted By Ameetec-Arms:
If you live in Chandler, it would be done in 2 days.

<ding!>

If you formed a corporation, it wouldn't need to be done.

Mike the asshole (corporate form 4 goes out tomorrow!)
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:52:45 PM EST
How difficult is it and how much does it cost to incorporate yourself?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:00:31 PM EST
I don't think Joe is that busy. Isn't this is election year for those guys?
I mean, if Joe can't do his job maybe you can find someone who can.

BTW: Two days also in Mohave Co.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:29:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By Alien:

I went the LLC route-- it's slightly more expensive than an INC but it's cheaper in the long run. Keep in mind that forming a corporation is only half the picture.

Cost to form LLC with standard speed: $50.00
Cost to form LLC and getting it done in your lifetime: $85.00

Yeah, you pay $35.00 extra so it doesn't sit on some idiot's desk for two or three months collecting coffee rings and doughnut crumbs.

Anyhow, the act of forming the LLC was simple. I think the application took 20 minutes to fill out. I dropped it off at the Arizona Corporation Commission and paid the $50 + $35 'expedient' fee. Three weeks later, the LLC was formed. You then have 90 days to publish official notice for three consecutive weeks that you formed a LLC in a "newspaper of record." (The Arizona Corporation Commission gives you contact info for "newspapers of record." You have to publish in a newspaper in the county you formed the LLC within.)

I went with the cheapest-- at that time, the "Wickenburg Sun" charged me a little under $30.00 for the posting. From there, they send you proof of publishing. You mail this back to the Corporation Commission and you're legit forever. No extra fees, no yearly filings with the state. Remember I talked about an INC above..? They have to file yearly reports and pay a fee for filing said reports.

For NFA stuff, you'll need to have an EIN- Employers Identification Number. This is free from the IRS and it took me 5-10 minutes over the phone.

You're now good to buy NFA with your LLC.

Now, the other half... ANY corporation needs to file income taxes yearly. Whether this is a flow-through set up or a corporate set up depends on what you requested and on your individual tax situation. This is where I stop giving any advice except to TALK WITH YOUR ARIZONA BAR-ADMITTED LAWYER AND CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT.

I'm not pulling your leg when I say that it's really simple-- simple as in to set up and to screw up.

Good luck! It truly isn't as bad as it sounds-- just make sure you look before leaping.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:37:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 8:21:39 PM EST by Winston_Wolf]
... I spoke with Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio tonight for awhile at Republican Congressman JD Hayworth's RNC reception party for George W Bush's Presidential nomination acceptance in Scottsdale.

... I thanked him for signing Class III NFA applications in Maricopa county. I did ask about continued, future support and turn-around times for signatures on Form 4's. He said that he was understaffed but would work in improving processing timeframes.

... Tough choice between him and Mr. Saban, but he's got my support and vote this year again.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:39:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 10:26:06 PM EST by mjrowley]

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:
... I spoke with Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio tonight for awhile at Republican Congressman JD Hayworth's RNC reception party for President Bush in Scottsdale.

... I thanked him for signing Class III NFA applications in Maricopa county. I did ask about continued, future support and turn-around times for signatures on Form 4's. He said that he was understaffed but would work in improving processing timeframes.

... Tough choice between him and Mr. Saban, but he's got my support and vote this year again.

Sweet thats good news.

Did you get my Voice mail?
ETA: I just checked mine.. Ill call during the daylight. Just up feeding the baby.

MJR
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:40:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By prebans:

Originally Posted By Alien:

I went the LLC route-- it's slightly more expensive than an INC but it's cheaper in the long run. Keep in mind that forming a corporation is only half the picture.

Cost to form LLC with standard speed: $50.00
Cost to form LLC and getting it done in your lifetime: $85.00

Yeah, you pay $35.00 extra so it doesn't sit on some idiot's desk for two or three months collecting coffee rings and doughnut crumbs.

Anyhow, the act of forming the LLC was simple. I think the application took 20 minutes to fill out. I dropped it off at the Arizona Corporation Commission and paid the $50 + $35 'expedient' fee. Three weeks later, the LLC was formed. You then have 90 days to publish official notice for three consecutive weeks that you formed a LLC in a "newspaper of record." (The Arizona Corporation Commission gives you contact info for "newspapers of record." You have to publish in a newspaper in the county you formed the LLC within.)

I went with the cheapest-- at that time, the "Wickenburg Sun" charged me a little under $30.00 for the posting. From there, they send you proof of publishing. You mail this back to the Corporation Commission and you're legit forever. No extra fees, no yearly filings with the state. Remember I talked about an INC above..? They have to file yearly reports and pay a fee for filing said reports.

For NFA stuff, you'll need to have an EIN- Employers Identification Number. This is free from the IRS and it took me 5-10 minutes over the phone.

You're now good to buy NFA with your LLC.

Now, the other half... ANY corporation needs to file income taxes yearly. Whether this is a flow-through set up or a corporate set up depends on what you requested and on your individual tax situation. This is where I stop giving any advice except to TALK WITH YOUR ARIZONA BAR-ADMITTED LAWYER AND CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT.

I'm not pulling your leg when I say that it's really simple-- simple as in to set up and to screw up.

Good luck! It truly isn't as bad as it sounds-- just make sure you look before leaping.

Mike

HUH, I like it!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:12:27 AM EST
Sounds like he will say what ever you want to hear to get our vote, but damn, it's been two months!

SABAN all the way!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:05:32 PM EST
Please excuse my ignorance on this! Does the Sheriff have to do the CLEO signoff or can a town/city chief sign off form 1 or 4's? Is this some kind of CLEO "dope deal"?
Dean
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:18:44 PM EST
Dean,

There are a lot of people who qualify as CLEO in the Phoenix area. Unfortunately, they have all decided that since Shurf Joe signs em they won't. Sort of collusion. So if you live in his county you are screwed. Unless you live in Chandler which is an exception (lucky bastards).

For myself, I don't believe the understaffed BS one bit. I am voting Saban.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:26:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By mjrowley:

HUH, I like it!

The Form 4's took about 3 minutes to fill out in duplicate. Put in the corp's name and address and list the reason why the corp's getting the item on the back.

DONE.

Toss in a photocopy of the corporate papers the state sends to you and a letter stating "this is for corporate use, blah, blah, blah (like when a corp buys a standard title i gun on a 4473) and drop in mail.

Total time to apply via Form 4 INCLUDING driving to post office: 14 minutes. (Yeah, I timed it!)

NEVER doing a personal transfer while he's still living in Maricopa County,

Mike
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:36:14 PM EST
Didn't we have someone mention in the AZ forum that they were getting a desk job at MCSO downtown and would be handling local signoffs?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:45:12 PM EST
What is the form 4 for, and why do you need an LLC? Sorry i realy dont know but I am curious.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:05:48 PM EST
Does the Gilbert police Chief do signoff, or will he bounce me to Sheriff Joe ?
Top Top