Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/14/2005 2:11:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 4:42:01 PM EDT by Knight_Shadow]
houston ch 13 reporting that 2 males walked into the oshman's in humble. they picked up a dumbbell and smashed the counter then ran off with 22 handguns.

how much do you want to bet oshman's does not allow its employees to carry?

eta

Crooks steal $10,000 worth of guns in smash and grab robbery Concerns for public safety
KTRK By Cynthia Cisneros

(9/14/05 - HUMBLE, TX) - A violent robbery of a store in Humble is causing a great deal of concern. The crooks got their hands on nearly two dozen guns.
There's a lot of valuable merchandise inside the Oshmans Super Sports store in Humble. But police say it was only the guns that were stolen, and that has authorities worried.

It happened around 11am Wednesday  just a couple of hours after the store opened at 9am. Police say two men walked inside and casually walked to the back of the store to the hunting counter. Along the way, one of the suspects picked up a dumbbell, which he used to smash the counter containing the guns.

Twenty-two handguns worth an estimated $10,000 were stolen. Humble police say the two men did not brandish a weapon or threaten the employees.

"They were not masked. They wore just regular white t-shirts," explained Humble Police Detective Duke Caruthers. "They took the weapons and left."

The two men are still at large. Police are unaware of any similar crimes in the area, but they are concerned about public safety.
(Copyright © 2005, KTRK-TV)

abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=3444075
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:06:47 PM EDT
doesn't surprise me......

oh well
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:33:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Knight_Shadow:
houston ch 13 reporting that 2 males walked into the oshman's in humble. they picked up a dumbbell and smashed the counter then ran off with 22 handguns.

Any wagers that this was some more 'undocumented shopping' by NOLA 9th Ward finest for some gats to set up their new turf??

wganz

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:41:46 PM EDT

Oh, this story gets good - the perps had NO weapons AT ALL. They just walked in, threw a gym dumbell through the glass conter, collected the pistols - then walked out while everybody did NOTHING.

Man I can hear those scumbags now, " Yo! Man, dat was one rough robbery! We had to walk o-most 100 yards to the front door carrying all this stuff."

With "theft protection" like that, why wouldn't they rob the place?

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:56:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By wganz:

Any wagers that this was some more 'undocumented shopping' by NOLA 9th Ward finest for some gats to set up their new turf??

wganz

That was my first though
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:08:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By supersix4:

wganz

That was my first though

same here but i did not want to be the first one to say it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:22:29 PM EDT

...by NOLA 9th Ward...

wganz

It is interesting to see how quickly Houstonians have picked up on the NOLA lingo; FWIW, I grew up in the upper 9th, and went to high school in the "lower nint". Zoning is that city is virtually non-existent. What is it that we have here, the 3rd ward?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:18:26 PM EDT
Typical.

Best one I seen yet was the $2,000.00 Debit MasterCard WE BOUGHT for these po' folk, and one gal immediately bought a $800.00 purse with the card!

Stay tuned--film at 11:00!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:24:39 PM EDT
That is the same store where the older guy in the gun dept got robbed at gunpoint witha weapon from HIS stock
Also Academy in Humble had some people steal about $5000 worth of bows yesterday.
WHATS GOING ON IN HUMBLE?????
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:50:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tonster:
That is the same store where the older guy in the gun dept got robbed at gunpoint witha weapon from HIS stock
Also Academy in Humble had some people steal about $5000 worth of bows yesterday.
WHATS GOING ON IN HUMBLE?????

where did you hear about Academy? i have 2 pistols from them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:18:55 PM EDT
I know someone that works for Academy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:45:05 PM EDT
damn, i am in the spring area. i go to humble allot so i can stay out of houston.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:25:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:52:29 AM EDT

If Bush hadn't dynamited the levee, they would not have relocated to Texas.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:29:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RenegadeX:

If Bush hadn't dynamited the levee, they would not have relocated to Texas.

Don't forget about the fact that if GWB hadn't single handedly caused global warming, Katrina wouldn't have been as powerful in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:03:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mojo:

Oshman or Academy have better do something about this soon, or else it'll happen again and again and again.

You all know darn well what these stores will end up doing - stop selling guns.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:23:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:48:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 11:51:43 AM EDT by AK-Joe]

Originally Posted By CMOS:

Oh, this story gets good - the perps had NO weapons AT ALL. They just walked in, threw a gym dumbell through the glass conter, collected the pistols - then walked out while everybody did NOTHING.

Man I can hear those scumbags now, " Yo! Man, dat was one rough robbery! We had to walk o-most 100 yards to the front door carrying all this stuff."

With "theft protection" like that, why wouldn't they rob the place?

CMOS

The perps may have had weapons...who knows, just because they didn't brandish them doesn't mean they didn't have any.

I've been to that store many times...mostly high school kids working there and female at that that.

What would you have a 17 year old female high scool girl do to stop 2 males carrying 22 firearms?

And making $8 dollars an hour wouldn't exactly make me feel like risking my life for the company.

They should have some armed security or off duty officer there at all times.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:37:26 PM EDT
keep in mind that in houston "back in the day" you had academy that sold lower end guns and basketballs and then you had Oshmans that sold high to middle quality guns and basketballs. sure there was sporting goods incorporated but not much else. Oshmans was and always has been a department store. so i can see them kicking out the gun and hunting crap and turning their focus on Jog bras and golf balls. it sucks but they are expensive 365 days a year and i would never buy anything from them.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:43:19 PM EDT
i picked up a Taurus 669VR from oshman's in spring branch back in 1990. at that time it was on sale and they had the best deal on it. but they are high most of the time. has anyone heard anything about the suspects in the oshman's robbery?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:05:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 11:07:01 AM EDT by RenegadeX]

Originally Posted By Mojo:
Oshman or Academy have better do something about this soon, or else it'll happen again and again and again

It is happening again and again.

If I recall, this is the same MO the Texas 7 used to obtain guns from the Oshmans in Irving and kill the LEO Hawkins. Wonder how many more guns will be stolen/folks will die before they figure out they have a problem?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:53:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 7:00:21 PM EDT by Lazer80]

wganz

yea that prolly sums it up
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:44:43 AM EDT
WTH? No better description of the perps than 2 guys in white shirts.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:00:07 PM EDT
$10,000.00 in 22 pistols?

Now I am a big fella but at $400.00 per psitol thats how many pistols I would have to stuff in my JUNCO pants down around my knees and then try to run out of the store and then somehow get them into my 1985 buick regal and drive away before someone could catch me, or get a license plate number?

Mama always said these 38" long arms would come in handy. I just only hope they do not pick me from the police line up as the one with the knuckles with permenant scars from dragging the ground , and carrying those 25 stolen pistols!
Top Top