Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/12/2009 12:18:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 8:41:29 PM EST by DefMan]
I have a 50 cal muzzleloader I just bought. I want to get blackpower pellets for it. Anyone know where in LI I can get some? I'm in Nassau.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:54:15 AM EST
What kind of pellets? Are you talking about 209 shotgun primers to shoot it, black powder charges or bullets or all 3?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:59:56 AM EST
You are correct in calling the black powder charges pellets, was over at Midwayusa, American Outdoors Sports on 110 in Farmingdale had some when I was in there a week or so ago, also call Camp site in Huntington.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:08:11 AM EST
Just to pick nits, and set terms straight... they don't make black powder pellets. They make black powder substitutes in pellets.

For what it's worth... the pellets may be a little easier, but it's the most expensive way to feed your rifle.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:33:02 PM EST
Thanks. This is what I have. Knight Vision .50 Cal
yea, you're right it's the bp substitute I want. I just want to start with something easy and a little messy. The reason I asked is because I can't find them in chains like Dick's and wanted to know which gunshops carry them so I don't have to drive all over. On some sites like cabela's, shipping them comes extra because they're deemed hazardous materials.
Top Top