Check with your liver first.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got to make this.

Check with your liver first.

I think I'ma leave my liver at home....sounds safer that way!

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Buckshot and Lug.....?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVq0ONrSH-Q
View Quote
Wertdaferk lol
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:47:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I declare that we need a ropin' dummy in the party barn!  
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I declare that we need a ropin' dummy in the party barn!  
View Quote

That sounds pretty safe, I fucking declare there won't be a godamn bb gun in the barn again though

Or don't shoot the host's fucking windshield at least
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That sounds pretty safe, I fucking declare there won't be a godamn bb gun in the barn again though

Or don't shoot the host's fucking windshield at least
View Quote
!!!!!  
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Wolfieeeee.... I'm not foggy 'n soggy today, and I'm soooo happy!!! Thank you!!! <3
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wolfieeeee.... I'm not foggy 'n soggy today, and I'm soooo happy!!! Thank you!!! <3
View Quote

I heard, good deal
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there a date for the spring shenanigans?
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

@Bigtwin  

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@Bigtwin  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Bigtwin  

Yer killin me man!

As of right now, I am thinking/planning to be in Texas long enough to cover both of the weekends you texted me. I am going to call our friends in San Angelo tomorrow to verify if the time frame works for them also.

Found some flights/times that are tolerable for us, just need to finalize a couple things.

If you need to make cast in stone dates before I get our shit figured out, please do what you need to do....I know some folks need longer lead times to get off work than we do.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yer killin me man!

As of right now, I am thinking/planning to be in Texas long enough to cover both of the weekends you texted me. I am going to call our friends in San Angelo tomorrow to verify if the time frame works for them also.

Found some flights/times that are tolerable for us, just need to finalize a couple things.

If you need to make cast in stone dates before I get our shit figured out, please do what you need to do....I know some folks need longer lead times to get off work than we do.
View Quote

I guess I could wait one more day.....

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 11:31:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@Bigtwin  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Bigtwin  

Umm not the last week in May
I have plans
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 11:52:08 PM EDT
[#17]

You going to stay out there all month?
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 12:06:24 AM EDT
[#18]

Don't worry sugarbritches, this'll be March 25th or April 1st
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Jerry Reed - East Bound and Down (Audio)

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Date set fellers
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Date set fellers
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Date set fellers

Flight purchased!

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Flight purchased!

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I’m going to request time off Monday.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’m going to request time off Monday.
View Quote

I have to remember to do that as well, also my wife needs to.

I've always told my boss I am not requesting time off for a vacation, I'm simply letting you know I won't be here on those dates. I sometimes remind him that I was looking for a job when I found this one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I do have a lot of questions....

Not sure if I should tack them on here or start  another thread in TXHTF.

Some have to do with this thread more so have to do with San Angelo area.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Post up, if nobody in here knows we'll @ somebody that does
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 12:00:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

San Angelo is a nice area. My wife is from there and we both have friends/family that live there. Only reason we don't live there is that I'm a whore and make more money in central Texas.

Link Posted: 1/16/2022 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

San Angelo is a nice area. My wife is from there and we both have friends/family that live there. Only reason we don't live there is that I'm a whore and make more money in central Texas.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We will be flying out 3/24 and flying back 4/5. Flying into and out of Austin.
Well, I guess I'll start by asking what kind of weather can we expect in both places that time of year? Need to know how to pack.
Not overly interested in Austin based on all of the comments made over the years from many Texans here. Anything I really shouldn't miss in Austin? I'll have the wife and 11yo daughter with me if that makes any difference.

Like I texted Wolfy we have some friends that recently got stationed at Goodfellows AFB (they are from San Antonio) and we want to spend some time with them this trip, any places in San Angelo to avoid that you are aware of?

I'm sure I will think of other questions as the trip gets closer.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well, I guess I'll start by asking what kind of weather can we expect in both places that time of year? Need to know how to pack.
Not overly interested in Austin based on all of the comments made over the years from many Texans here. Anything I really shouldn't miss in Austin? I'll have the wife and 11yo daughter with me if that makes any difference.

Like I texted Wolfy we have some friends that recently got stationed at Goodfellows AFB (they are from San Antonio) and we want to spend some time with them this trip, any places in San Angelo to avoid that you are aware of?

View Quote

Weather wise it should be nice, 70s-80s but it could swing wildly in either direction. Check the forecast before you leave.

Can't miss in Austin? Zilker park, Bob Bullock Museum, Texas Natural History Museum, bat watching at Congress Ave bridge, State Capitol, The Range at Austin

Lots of small towns with old downtowns w/ shops and stuff the girls might like on the drive from Austin to San Angelo. Everyone says to eat at Cooper's in Llano, I think its overrated, but it is good bbq.

San Angelo is a fairly safe town, as long as you avoid the north side. It is a college/military town so lots of younger people and all that comes with that. My favorite place to eat in SA is Henry's, great tex-mex. Fuentes downtown is really good also.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was born, raised and lived 40 of my years in Austin, there's nothing left in that place for me, I'm sorry I can't recommend something nice about it.

Well, maybe if y'all get homesick you could drive around I-35 downtown with your windows cracked, let the smell waft in as you take in the bumfights and the trash arranged into Shanti towns under the bridges.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Weather wise it should be nice, 70s-80s but it could swing wildly in either direction. Check the forecast before you leave.

Can't miss in Austin? Zilker park, Bob Bullock Museum, Texas Natural History Museum, bat watching at Congress Ave bridge, State Capitol, The Range at Austin

Lots of small towns with old downtowns w/ shops and stuff the girls might like on the drive from Austin to San Angelo. Everyone says to eat at Cooper's in Llano, I think its overrated, but it is good bbq.

San Angelo is a fairly safe town, as long as you avoid the north side. It is a college/military town so lots of younger people and all that comes with that. My favorite place to eat in SA is Henry's, great tex-mex. Fuentes downtown is really good also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far s that last line....I hope it's outdated info for our friends sake. They bought a house north of the base and sightly east...pretty much on the edge of town. Place can't be more than 12 years old.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I was born, raised and lived 40 of my years in Austin, there's nothing left in that place for me, I'm sorry I can't recommend something nice about it.

Well, maybe if y'all get homesick you could drive around I-35 downtown with your windows cracked, let the smell waft in as you take in the bumfights and the trash arranged into Shanti towns under the bridges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I have been seeing on here about Austin.

The only home sick I may have is when I have to go back home. That's how I felt last vacation in September leaving Idaho....I just don't feel like being at "home" anymore.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Wolfy.....

I am sorry bro.  My daughter is flying home then for her spring break.  She will be here only a few days.  I don't see me making it this time.

I STILL LOVE YOUR BRO.  But my little girl is coming home, and she is gonna be gone mostly for the next 2.5 years.  

Gotta do family this time.

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wolfy.....

I am sorry bro.  My daughter is flying home then for her spring break.  She will be here only a few days.  I don't see me making it this time.

I STILL LOVE YOUR BRO.  But my little girl is coming home, and she is gonna be gone mostly for the next 2.5 years.  

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wolfy.....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/384690/a8j9D4Q_460s_jpg-2247928.JPG

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Noooo, how are we gonna have a Lug-Buckshot/ Buckshot-Lug duet without a Lug?
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 12:11:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just jackin witcha boo, family comes first, I’m always here
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#40]
OK, more questions....I told ya'll I'd have questions.

Any of you guys flown in the last couple years? It's been close to twenty since I have and the inlaws took care of the tickets at the time. I bought tickets online from Southwest, I have printed out the receipts. Do I get the actual tickets at the airport? I think I do from what I've read.
Upon purchasing tickets they asked for ages/birthdates and wanted it to match our ID's...that is not an issue for the wife and I...but what about our 11 yo daughter...she obviously has no ID, do we need to bring a birth cert or some such thing?

From what I read on SW website they want us there 30min prior to takeoff, unlike the two hours prior to take off the last time I flew. But this time we will be flying with checked in luggage instead of just carry on. For those that aren't aware we will be spending more time in Texas than just Cheesecake.

Thanks for any info you can provide,
Chris
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Any of you guys flown in the last couple years? It's been close to twenty since I have and the inlaws took care of the tickets at the time. I bought tickets online from Southwest, I have printed out the receipts. Do I get the actual tickets at the airport? I think I do from what I've read.
Upon purchasing tickets they asked for ages/birthdates and wanted it to match our ID's...that is not an issue for the wife and I...but what about our 11 yo daughter...she obviously has no ID, do we need to bring a birth cert or some such thing?

From what I read on SW website they want us there 30min prior to takeoff, unlike the two hours prior to take off the last time I flew. But this time we will be flying with checked in luggage instead of just carry on. For those that aren't aware we will be spending more time in Texas than just Cheesecake.

Chris
View Quote

I mean you could just use your warrants or court papers

My wife Flys SW several times a year usually, she said SW is full of shit, you definitely need to get there 2hrs before.

She said at 24hrs exactly prior to your flight departure go to SW website and click "check in" use confirmation # and you can print boarding passes.

She said if you DON'T log in exactly 24hrs ahead of time ya'll will end up at the back of the plane or even separated for the duration of flight.

She said no ID for the kid is necessary but you might carry a BC copy just in case.  

Oh and even if you cross all your i's and dot all your t's the dipshits still cancel flights for all kinds of reasons, and of course blame it all on the C word.

Shit don't move muh thread

Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:14:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Thank you MRS wolfJflywheel For the input.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 12:22:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Chris
View Quote

You have to be at the boarding gate 30 minutes prior to departure.  That means anywhere between 5 and 50 minutes to check your baggage (using the self check kiosks are fastest).  Then TSA security will take 15 minutes to an hour depending on the crowd.  You should be able to use the barcodes from the Southwest Airlines app, or from the email as your boarding pass.  Not sure if your email receipt has the boarding passes, or if they get emailed later, but you should have your boarding passes electronically.  If you want paper boarding passes, you can get them printed out when you check your baggage.

Some people love Southwest's boarding procedure, but I hate it.  No assigned seats.  They're first come, first served.  You board like cattle in a chute.  It's horrible.

All that to say that you should probably plan on getting to the airport at least two hours prior to departure.  Maybe more depending on whether you have to deal with parking in a remote lot and taking a shuttle to the terminal.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You have to be at the boarding gate 30 minutes prior to departure.  That means anywhere between 5 and 50 minutes to check your baggage (using the self check kiosks are fastest).  Then TSA security will take 15 minutes to an hour depending on the crowd.  You should be able to use the barcodes from the Southwest Airlines app, or from the email as your boarding pass.  Not sure if your email receipt has the boarding passes, or if they get emailed later, but you should have your boarding passes electronically.  If you want paper boarding passes, you can get them printed out when you check your baggage.

Some people love Southwest's boarding procedure, but I hate it.  No assigned seats.  They're first come, first served.  You board like cattle in a chute.  It's horrible.

All that to say that you should probably plan on getting to the airport at least two hours prior to departure.  Maybe more depending on whether you have to deal with parking in a remote lot and taking a shuttle to the terminal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

Thanks for that info.
I don't have the Southwest app (looks like I should), no bar codes from the Email, nor any further Emails. Tickets were purchased 1/15. There are ticket numbers in the Email attached to each of our names.
I haven't had issues with the no seat assignments in the past, I have flown Southwest a few times before....but as I have said....it's been a long time.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Thanks for that info.
I don't have the Southwest app (looks like I should), no bar codes from the Email, nor any further Emails. Tickets were purchased 1/15. There are ticket numbers in the Email attached to each of our names.
I haven't had issues with the no seat assignments in the past, I have flown Southwest a few times before....but as I have said....it's been a long time.
View Quote

I fly southwest all the time. Including two flights today. I agree with the suggestion on arriving two hours early. Maybe a little more of you are traveling at peak hours. With the app you can do boarding passes in the app. But you will not be able to get them until 24 hours before your flight time. You need to be quick on the trigger to check in right at 24 hours before your flight. If you check in right away you have a better chance of getting a low boarding number. You can buy the more expensive tickets to get in the priority security line as well as a low boarding number. Once you check in you have the option to email yourself the boarding passes to print. Or you can check in at the kiosk to print them there. If you are checking bags go to the kiosk print the bag tag. Stick it on your bag then drop at the bag drop. Any other questions let me know.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'll be cooking a whole hog on Saturday for dinner.
View Quote

Hell yeah brother!

Sorry...I couldn't let this be ignored in the TXHTF.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:12:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spent the best 4 years of my life in San Angelo.  Really nice town.  We still have friends there, but haven't been back in along time.  I believe they said they did a lotof work to have a "river walk" area.

Some historical stuff there.  If you have freiends there, they can show you around.

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:59:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll be curious to experience this. Missed the one wolfy did.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top