Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/7/2022 5:09:40 PM EDT
Who are you going to vote for in the primary?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Watching the debate now. I don't love any one of them, but I think I like Josh Clark the most. McColumn and King seem decent. Black seems like an old-school RINO. I kinda get Crenshaw vibes from Saddler.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I watched the one on ETV the other night. The King guy impressed me more than the others that night. I think it was the Saddler guys past party affiliation was brought out and he might have got tongue tied trying to compare a couple of others like Trump and Reagan being Democrats earlier in life but said they were Republican earlier when they were young instead of what he meant to say. Some of the past places he was associated with didn't make me feel too good either when they were brought up. The King guy also brought up and was aware in a good way about what the ATF is doing currently with kits.

I think the Josh Clark guy might have been the one talking about being poor coming up and carrying a copy on the Constitution around in his back pocket. Can't lie he came off a little different to me watching his responses that night.
https://www.gpb.org/events/news/2022/05/03/u-s-senate-r-debate
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I kinda get Crenshaw vibes from Saddler.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Voting for Herschel.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:31:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's totally changed my mind with his new commercial showing him wearing the plate carrier and holding an AR.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Same here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

he's very bro-vet
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He's totally changed my mind with his new commercial showing him wearing the plate carrier and holding an AR.
View Quote

that was cringey, I thought it was some kind of satire until about halfway through I realized he was serious
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:55:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
that was cringey, I thought it was some kind of satire until about halfway through I realized he was serious
View Quote

I thought he was trying to be funny like Butch Miller's commercials.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:21:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Josh Clark challenges Walker to show up and debate.   As seen on Facebook:

Attachment Attached File

Is Walker too good to show up or is he that bad?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted: He's totally changed my mind with his new commercial showing him wearing the plate carrier and holding an AR.
View Quote

Is this the commercial?    Visually, the video expresses the difference between a fighter and celebrity.  

Georgia Values | Latham Saddler for U.S. Senate

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is this the commercial?    Visually, the video expresses the difference between a fighter and celebrity.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gQ_pVSFmcc

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: He's totally changed my mind with his new commercial showing him wearing the plate carrier and holding an AR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gQ_pVSFmcc

Yikes.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#12]
One thing that has changed in the past 20 years or so is the dilution effect of early voting.

Today is 12 days since early voting began on May 2nd.  It's 10 days before the May 24 election day for the primaries.

In the old days, the campaign ads would peak during the week prior to election week and reach a cresendo on the Saturday, Sunday, and Monday prior to Tuesday election day.

Now if you wait that long, one third of the voters will have already voted.

The only point I'm making is that you can no longer wait to put effective campaign ads out there.  You can't wait to surge your campaign spending.  It's diminishing returns for three reasons:  early voting, audience campaign fatigue, and many have already decided.

A good ad right now will probably not do squat.  

Note:  Not an endorsement of any candidate or political party.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Josh Clark challenges Walker to show up and debate.   As seen on Facebook:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/31426/Walker_Challenge_JPG-2382194.JPG

Is Walker too good to show up or is he that bad?
View Quote

Walker is polling ~65%, all of his competitors are in single digits. He stands to gain nothing by debating other than to give Warnock soundbites to use in ads.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted: He stands to gain nothing by debating other than to give Warnock soundbites to use in ads.
View Quote

and the voters?  Don't we lose when we can't see the candidate in action during a debate?    

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#15]
The voters? Do you really think the establishment GOP and DNC give a crap about the peasants... err I mean voters? They will rig the primary's and you will vote for who you are told.  Herschel Walker is the establishments choice because he will do what he is told to. The RNC wants a face and name that they can dump millions of dollars into TV adds aimed at the low information voters. The last thing they want is someone that has principles getting elected.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

and the voters?  Don't we lose when we can't see the candidate in action during a debate?    

View Quote

He's going to win the primary hands down, so again, what does he stand to gain? I'm sure he'll debate Warnock.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Walker is polling ~65%, all of his competitors are in single digits. He stands to gain nothing by debating other than to give Warnock soundbites to use in ads.
View Quote
Exactly, while we citizens would prefer him to debate it is not a smart move for him to do so.

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Exactly, while we citizens would prefer him to debate it is not a smart move for him to do so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Herschel's handlers know it wouldn't be a good move for him to debate, it wouldn't surprise me if he never debates Warnock either. Warnock is a slimy POS but he is a lot more articulate than Walker ever will be.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Herschel's handlers know it wouldn't be a good move for him to debate, it wouldn't surprise me if he never debates Warnock either. Warnock is a slimy POS but he is a lot more articulate than Walker ever will be.
View Quote

After seeing him on Bartiromo’s show I think they should have him skip debating Warnock.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Here is a Fox 5 Interview with Herschel Walker ....

Full interview with candidate for Georgia US Senate seat Herschel Walker

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

The bro vet thing had been working online, though I think that fad is starting to fade.

For those making fun of walker for not showing up, it worked for Biden. Hell, might have worked for Trump, i.e. stick him in a basement and change his Twitter password.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The bro vet thing had been working online, though I think that fad is starting to fade.

For those making fun of walker for not showing up, it worked for Biden. Hell, might have worked for Trump, i.e. stick him in a basement and change his Twitter password.
View Quote

LMFAO

Amen Brother!

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#23]
So Latham Staddler loses to the empty podium, but beats everybody else.

Any reasons not to vote for Latham Staddler?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Here is a Fox 5 Interview with Herschel Walker ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=defZl9i2q5M

View Quote

Wow.  that's painful to watch.  Thanks for posting it, Mike.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think it was the Saddler guys past party affiliation was brought out and he might have got tongue tied trying to compare a couple of others like Trump and Reagan being Democrats earlier in life but said they were Republican earlier when they were young instead of what he meant to say. Some of the past places he was associated with didn't make me feel too good either when they were brought up.
View Quote

Any reason to think he has not evolved beyond his past affiliation?  

What were the past places with which he was associated that made you uncomfortable?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Any reason to think he has not evolved beyond his past affiliation?  

What were the past places with which he was associated that made you uncomfortable?
View Quote

What I thought was a stumble under pressure stuck out to me. A lot of people change their views as they age and sometimes more than once so that usually is not something I focus on.
I just got the best vibe from King even though I can't see him taking the primary win.
I always wonder when so many are in a mix who if anyone is there just to dilute the numbers.

The one thing I know is I will go back no matter who wins and support my partys candidate like them or not. Outsiders trying to buy and sway GA politics is just too much.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:49:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Saddler was the best candidate. Whatever - clown world...now we get to vote for football guy yay!
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Saddler was the best candidate. Whatever - clown world...now we get to vote for football guy yay!
View Quote

I don't disagree, but do you think Saddler would beat out Warnock in the general election?
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't disagree, but do you think Saddler would beat out Warnock in the general election?
View Quote

Have you heard Herschel Walker speak?  There is a video of him above in this thread.  Is he going to avoid debates with Warnock?  I don't have high hopes for his performance in any kind of debate.

More importantly, what are Walker's actual positions?  That is, how will he vote as a Senator?  What kind of legislation will he introduce as a Senator?  I can't find this information anywhere.  It's like, hey, I played football, Trump endorsed me, and I criticize Biden, so vote for me!  

Any idea how he would vote on a bill to ban AR15s for 18-20 year olds right after a school shooting by an 18 year old?  I have no comfort level at all that he would stand for liberty (after all, Trump endorsed him, and look what Trump did by executive fiat on bump stocks after the Las Vegas murders).

I think Saddler came across ok in the debates, but it's all in the past now.  Walker or Warnock.  Those are our choices (or Chase Oliver, but there are not enough voters in Georgia willing to vote Libertarian to make that good for anything more than a laugh).
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:09:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Have you heard Herschel Walker speak?  There is a video of him above in this thread.  Is he going to avoid debates with Warnock?  I don't have high hopes for his performance in any kind of debate.

More importantly, what are Walker's actual positions?  That is, how will he vote as a Senator?  What kind of legislation will he introduce as a Senator?  I can't find this information anywhere.  It's like, hey, I played football, Trump endorsed me, and I criticize Biden, so vote for me!  

Any idea how he would vote on a bill to ban AR15s for 18-20 year olds right after a school shooting by an 18 year old?  I have no comfort level at all that he would stand for liberty (after all, Trump endorsed him, and look what Trump did by executive fiat on bump stocks after the Las Vegas murders).

I think Saddler came across ok in the debates, but it's all in the past now.  Walker or Warnock.  Those are our choices (or Chase Oliver, but there are not enough voters in Georgia willing to vote Libertarian to make that good for anything more than a laugh).
View Quote

I'd recommend it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, now we have his answer.  A reporter asked him whether he would support any new gun laws in the wake of what happened in Texas.

His answer:

"What I like to — what I like to do is see it and everything and stuff."

It's going to be a long election cycle for Senate in 2022.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:59:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Well, now we have his answer.  A reporter asked him whether he would support any new gun laws in the wake of what happened in Texas.
His answer:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His answer:

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:54:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

His answer:

View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

His answer:

"What I like to  what I like to do is see it and everything and stuff."

View Quote

Yards per carry are much more important than the need to be articulate.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yards per carry are much more important than the need to be articulate.
View Quote

Quoted:

His answer:

View Quote

yup, he's no Rhodes scholar. As a 2A advocate I am  against any anti 2A legislation....having said that and without the exact context I interpret his response as the following.

"I can't blindly state whether I would, or would not, support new gun laws/legislation.  I would need to see the proposed legislation, discuss with my policy advisors, as well as consider the opions of the people of the great state of Georgia."
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
His answer:

View Quote

Well its hard to argue with that.  

Note:  not an endorsement of anyone or any party
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Threw my vote to Walker because I disliked all of the candidates but walker seems like he’s got the best shot a beating warnock because people love football. I’m assuming he won the primary? I’m up in district 14 so I showed up just to help make sure MTG didn’t end up in a runoff and I had several local races that I actually cared about.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 6:43:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Threw my vote to Walker because I disliked all of the candidates but walker seems like he’s got the best shot a beating warnock because people love football. I’m assuming he won the primary? I’m up in district 14 so I showed up just to help make sure MTG didn’t end up in a runoff and I had several local races that I actually cared about.
View Quote

None of the other candidates stood a chance of beating Warnock.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

None of the other candidates stood a chance of beating Warnock.
View Quote

My thoughts as well
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: He stands to gain nothing by debating other than to give Warnock soundbites to use in ads.

I’m voting Walker no matter what. Unfortunately he’s going to get tied in knots by Warnock in a debate.

Warnock is a silver-tongued “preacher/community activist/propagandist” and Walker is a slow talking “country boy” that’s pretty simple (which is a good thing).

Ones a scheming propagandist and the other has a down home easy-talking attitude.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:48:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I’m voting Walker no matter what. Unfortunately he’s going to get tied in knots by Warnock in a debate.
Warnock is a silver-tongued “preacher/community activist/propagandist” and Walker is a slow talking “country boy” that’s pretty simple (which is a good thing).
Ones a scheming propagandist and the other has a down home easy-talking attitude.
View Quote

I see Warnock has a new commercial showing Walker on the Glenn Beck show in 2020 talking about the "dry mist" Covid spray that "will kill any Covid on your body".
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Not that a republican is a guarantee, but I hope walker wins.  The amount of anti 2A legislation is crazy.

I see a lot of horse trading with our 2A rights this year.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I see a lot of bickering and pressure for legislation, but don't think much legislation, if any, will result.

My prediction:  Nationally, the Dems need the distraction from the economy, inflation, gas prices, food prices, etc.  So they will push gun control and abortion issues hard.  However, they don't have the legislative muscle to get anything big through the Senate.  Not enough Republicans are caving on the issue.

My observation:  The proponents of gun control will take whatever incremental gain they can achieve.  They will compromise.  They will threaten.  They will dish out guilt trips.  Etc.  But when the dust clears and they only get a little something - they will still complain that it isn't enough.  Then they will raise the issue again.  They believe in a ground game of football.  A one yard gain is still moving the football closer to the goal line.

That why any concession on 2A rights is damaging.  

Note:  This is not an endorsement of any political party.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:21:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Judging by all the stuff that's coming out about him I think he's going to get tied in knots by himself.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Not that a republican is a guarantee, but I hope walker wins.  The amount of anti 2A legislation is crazy.

View Quote

Reuters story entitled No Deal to End Gun Violence US Republican Lawmaker Says  
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 12:16:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Herschel would be smart to not debate Warnock.  Just keep campaigning on America first and the damage the dems are doing to America.  

Personally I would put out an add that says "if you want the slick talking debater vote for Warnock.  He is a better speaker than I am, so I am sure he can explain clearly why he is trying to destroy America and Georgia.   If you want an honest American that works for you then vote for me."
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Herschel would be smart to not debate Warnock. Just keep campaigning on America first and the damage the dems are doing to America.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#50]
The morning news just said Warnock and Walker will have 3 debates.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top