Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/30/2010 5:35:39 PM EDT
www.fungunshoot.com

FUN GUN SHOOT!!!!
Saturday  August 28th 10 A.M. - 5 P.M. WALL SD

NEW THIS YEAR: Radio Controlled Aerial Targets

MACHINE GUN RENTALS

Shoot Legal Machine Guns and Silencers! We will have a Wide Range of Guns Available for the Public to Shoot! FFLs/SOTs welcome.

FIRING LINE
Bring your Guns and come shoot. All guns welcome, Machine Guns, Assault Rifles, Handguns and Shotguns. New this year we will have some Aerial Radio Controled Targets in addition to the Tanerite, Cars, Fire Extinguishers,  Barrels and Car Hoods.
Positions are 12x20ft  $35, each Position includes 1 shooters pass. Additional shooters passes are $15 each, up to 4 shooters per Position. Firing Line Positions can be reserved early; available 1st come 1st serve the day of the event.  Tables availible to the 1st 20 registrations, if you can bring you own that would helpful.

LONG RANGE MATCH

6 Stages of reactive challenging targets at distances from 150-900 Yards.
This is not a bench rest match, shooters will fire from standing and sitting postitions as well as froma  rest and free hand all while move between stages.
Prizes awarded to top shooters.

SUBGUN MATCH
A challenging mix of reactive steel targets for the Sub Gun Enthusiast

2 Classes
Optics / Open Sights

COMBAT COURSE

Bring your Semi Auto Rifle and a Handgun for this fast pace forward movement assault course. 90 rounds of Rifle ammo and 40 rounds of Handgun ammo are recommended.
This Course consists of Reactive Targets & Card Board Silhouette Targets & No Shoots, timed and scored event.
1st place prize is a new stripped AR15 Lower

BOWLING PIN TOURNAMENT
Try your fastest hand against other shooters in the Pin Tournament.
5 bowling pins on each of the tables, shooters will go head to head, winner advances to the next round. 2 classes Auto and Revolver.

2010 Prizes
We are giving away some great prizes this year that include:
RRA Lower Receivers
BCM Uppers
MagPul Products
Gift Cards
Ammo

Register Online:

http://www.fungunshoot.com/registration_13.html

From Wall, SD : North on Creighton Rd 19 miles, turn left onto Babcock Road, follow the signs.Lunch and Facilities will be available. Shooters are free to bring additional targets if they wish, DD's and Tannerite are welcome as well with approval from event managment.

Email: [email protected]

www.fungunshoot.com
Link Posted: 3/31/2010 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#1]
All the guys we had last year will be there. It was way to much fun last year. Would not miss it.  This year it will take two pickups for all our toys!
Link Posted: 3/31/2010 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Most, if not all, of the Homer crew will be there!
Link Posted: 4/1/2010 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Sign me and Straat up for a table  
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 5:40:10 AM EDT
[#4]
You got it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#5]
:(  I have a wedding to cater every weekend in august...

Maybe next time.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#6]
New Prizes Added

Thanks to some of our sponsors  we will  be giving away an  AR15 Lower as well as some Ar15 Uppers this year.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Registration is now open for anyone who wants to reserve a spot and match entrys.
Check the website for  the registration page.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Is this open to the public to just come and observe? I might be tempted to throw a few friends in the car and drive down from Minot ND, but we would probably just want to come and observe the festivities, and check out some guns. Go or No Go?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#9]
That would be a GO, it is open to the public even if you just want to watch.  The shooters usally put on a good show, there is alot of smoke, noise and stuff blowing up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 10:20:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome, i'll have to see if i can get some friends to get together and head down there with me. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/22/2010 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Awesome, i'll have to see if i can get some friends to get together and head down there with me. Thanks!

Bring some cash too...there are outfits that do rentals.  It's a great time out in middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 4/22/2010 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#12]
lots of rentals, everything from Uzis to M2 50 cal belt feds.

Some body had a 20mm last year that was just sitting around
Link Posted: 4/22/2010 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
lots of rentals, everything from Uzis to M2 50 cal belt feds.

Some body had a 20mm last year that was just sitting around

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Registration is open for the event

Of 34 spots on the line we are almost 1/2 full already.

For anyone who wants to register online here is the Registration Form

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#15]
New this year:

Radio controled flying targets on the firing line.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#16]
OMG...you're killin' me.

Just when you thought it couldn't get more insanely fun, MrM4 pulls this out.

I have enough trouble with ones that just sit there on the ground, flapping in the wind, taunting me.

How in the hell do you hit something like that?

Good Lord.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
OMG...you're killin' me.

Just when you thought it couldn't get more insanely fun, MrM4 pulls this out.

I have enough trouble with ones that just sit there on the ground, flapping in the wind, taunting me.
How in the hell do you hit something like that?
Good Lord.  

With a Belt Fed Machine Gun

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Need a pilot for those planes, I can fly them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah I might, I'm finding out that landing is the hardest part . Its kind of a expensive learning curve for a 1st time flyer like myself.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#20]
So would a shotgun be cheating?
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

So would a shotgun be cheating?

That statement got me thinking...

I've been meaning to build a replica of one of these:

Here it is a slightly different one in action:

It's a flex mount for modified Remington model 11s complete with spade grips and paddle trigger.

They were used to train WWII aircrew gunners how to track and lead moving targets from a moving platform.

I've only seen pictures of one thus far and you can tell they were small pictures to start with.

Cabelas in Kearney, Ne, I think, had one in their museum for sale for $16k.  I was only able to afford the pictures.

So if I got one finished in time, would it be cheating?

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#22]
If you get one built in time you can shoot it at the planes ( as long as I get to fire a few rounds threw it .)
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#23]
You've got yourself a deal...

but only if we mount it on your 4-wheeler and chase after the damn thing.

Link Posted: 6/15/2010 8:47:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Firing line was about 400 feet long last year, its 1/2 full already for this year. Time to get those registrations in guys.

Registration form:

Link Posted: 6/15/2010 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#25]
tag
Link Posted: 6/15/2010 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ned to build a trailer to mount the gun to so that we can have a "solid" seating arrangement.  Or, we could mount it on the bar stool.
Link Posted: 6/15/2010 10:02:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Need to build a trailer to mount the gun to so that we can have a "solid" seating arrangement.  Or, we could mount it on the bar stool.

Let me get this straight, you want to put an antique shotgun, in a replica of ANM2 aircraft flex mount, on a barstool powered by a racing cart engine that

runs on methanol race fuel, chase a remote controlled airplane around in the middle of a pasture surrounded by guys with FA and try and shoot it down?  Is that about right?

So do we flip to see who goes first?

In all reality though, I say we just put it on a pedestal and be done with it.  I'm not that young anymore.

Link Posted: 6/21/2010 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Need to build a trailer to mount the gun to so that we can have a "solid" seating arrangement.  Or, we could mount it on the bar stool.

Let me get this straight, you want to put an antique shotgun, in a replica of ANM2 aircraft flex mount, on a barstool powered by a racing cart engine that
runs on methanol race fuel, chase a remote controlled airplane around in the middle of a pasture surrounded by guys with FA and try and shoot it down?  Is that about right?

In all reality though, I say we just put it on a pedestal and be done with it.  I'm not that young anymore.

Oh no. By all means you may have the first go at it.  What's that saying...

Age before beauty
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Sounds like a ball.  Maybe this year I won't be stuck in the hospital and have to miss all the fun.  

Do you know if Bill from Guns of Freedom is going to be doing the rentals again this year?
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#30]
I dont know if Bill will be there or not this year,I have not talked to him latly. I do know there will be some live DDs coming this year though, and yes the owners DO intent to fire them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 6:27:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I've got to give him a call about the Rally, so I can check if he's planning on doing the Wall Shoot.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I've got to give him a call about the Rally, so I can check if he's planning on doing the Wall Shoot.

Well you'd better plan on being there anyway.
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 6:54:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I dont know if Bill will be there or not this year,I have not talked to him latly. I do know there will be some live DDs coming this year though, and yes the owners DO intent to fire them.

As in big booms and not just training rounds

Link Posted: 7/3/2010 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well you'd better plan on being there anyway.

Short of an act of war or another trip to the hospital, I do.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Theres a bunch of new stuff added to the web site.
Including new prizes and info about the events.

http://www.fungunshoot.com/match_results_10.html
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Theres a bunch of new stuff added to the web site.
Including new prizes and info about the events.

http://www.fungunshoot.com/match_results_10.html

Good for you on getting your license.
Link Posted: 7/9/2010 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Thanks, we have had it for a few weeks now and things are in full swing.

The Range is starting to take shape again for the big event, we are planning a road trip to go and grab about 200 fire extinguishers to add to the excitment.
There are some spots left if you guys have not registered yet theres still time.

On lookers are welcome as well!
Link Posted: 7/25/2010 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Just talked to Bill.  He doesn't plan on being there this year for the shoot in Wall, but he will be in Sturgis for the Rally.
Link Posted: 7/25/2010 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Its pretty close to the sturgis event, I thought he may not be able to do both this year.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 2:22:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Its pretty close to the sturgis event, I thought he may not be able to do both this year.

I have another appliance for you whenever you want it.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2010 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Ive got a few trips to make to get some more stuff for this year event but its kinda a busy time of yearfor the next few days, Ill swing by some day and grab it Surly.

If anyone has not reserved their spot yet it may be a good idea to do so soon.  

We have a group rate again this year on the Log Cabins in wall.
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#42]
I just turned in my registration.  Not sure what to expect, this is my first go 'round with one of these outside the Rally.
Link Posted: 7/28/2010 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#43]
You'll have a great time sno.

MrM4 runs a safe and entertaining show.

Link Posted: 7/28/2010 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ive got a few trips to make to get some more stuff for this year event but its kinda a busy time of yearfor the next few days, Ill swing by some day and grab it Surly.

If anyone has not reserved their spot yet it may be a good idea to do so soon.  

We have a group rate again this year on the Log Cabins in wall.

I'll give you a call tomorrow or Friday.  I might be able to swing over your way.
Link Posted: 7/29/2010 6:02:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/29/2010 6:58:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This.......sounds........awesome!!!!!

OT - Tim, are you back already?

Link Posted: 7/29/2010 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust me, there's been much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth contemplating this.

So I'll just leave this here:

Link Posted: 7/29/2010 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Trust me, there's been much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth contemplating this.

So I'll just leave this here:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/olds-mo-boo-ble/aireialtrainerreplica008.jpg

There are no words in the English language which can describe the feelings I am experiencing at this moment.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2010 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Looks like you have made some real head way sience the last time I saw it, Nicly done!

Are you working on a bar stool mount yet?
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 6:33:48 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

There are no words in the English language which can describe the feelings I am experiencing at this moment.  

I Lol'd at this one.  You'll have to stop by and give it a try.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top