Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2004 9:30:58 PM EDT
Is there anyone planning to do any campouts this Winter? I would like to know because I would like to plan to be in attendance. I'm currently in the Middle East, and I have been a member of the board for a while and I hear about all these campouts... and I would like to attend one or a few. Please let me know...thanks

Train for war, pray for peace.

SW1
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 12:24:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SilentWarrior1:
Is there anyone planning to do any campouts this Winter? I would like to know because I would like to plan to be in attendance. I'm currently in the Middle East, and I have been a member of the board for a while and I hear about all these campouts... and I would like to attend one or a few. Please let me know...thanks

Train for war, pray for peace.

SW1

I've been thinking of proposing a primative winter campout on my property in Martin County.  I need a good excuse to go out there and cut up a bunch of firewood.    

We have a safe spot to shoot and no neighbors who complain about shooting.  I imagine the target practice would be the prime activity besides sitting around the fire and telling stories.

Due to the nature of the acreage (hardly any level ground), we can't accomodate an army.  I expect there is room for dozen campsites although they will be spread out.  No potable water is available but we do have a pond.  We also have a nice outhouse.  A 4WD vehicle is a must for getting to the camping area.

Anyone interested?
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 2:51:13 PM EDT
I would be interested in participating.

Any excuse that allows me to burn ammo is a good thing. . .
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 6:23:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheCommissioner:
Anyone interested?

Does a bear...well, you know.

I have no camping equipment, but would probably attend to expend a little ammo myself. Not to mention just hanging out. As close as I live, I can make it home to a nice warm bed.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 7:24:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4Madness:
I have no camping equipment, but would probably attend to expend a little ammo myself. Not to mention just hanging out. As close as I live, I can make it home to a nice warm bed.

Hey, now wait a minute!  You want to enjoy the pleasure of shooting without bearing the pain of camping?  That's against the rules!  
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 8:36:34 AM EDT
Hey, Id be interested. I camp in Nov. during deer season (gun), so I'm used to it. M4M knows I have camping equipment, so he has no excuse! I'd even make a new target (bigger & better) and hopefully bullit proof. Count me in!
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 9:25:43 AM EDT
Heh.
Next one definatly needs to be more bullet resistant. . .
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 2:52:35 PM EDT
Hey, everybody ganged-up on my target hat I did have a great time and would not miss this one!
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 3:03:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Krazny13:
Heh.
Next one definitely needs to be more bullet resistant. . .

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 12:22:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2005 12:25:10 PM EDT by Zoub]

Originally Posted By TheCommissioner:
A 4WD vehicle is a must for getting to the camping area.

Anyone interested?

I am in.  A mule would be a better choice, but my F-150 made it last time.  I can bring the dog so she can locate your quail for you.

Also, SW1 there is a campout in Ohio in 2 weeks.  See the Ohio forum.  At some point the "local" guys from the Survival Forum will probably gather in Southern Indiana at German Ridge.  I just need to set it up.

When are you back in Indiana?

PS is it just me or do I see Bart Simpson in that metal plate above?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:27:32 PM EDT
I had a blast (pun intended) at the September shoot , thanks to all your generosity.  I'm there.

I am in. A mule would be a better choice, but my F-150 made it last time. I can bring the dog so she can locate your quail for you.

Zoub, if you talk to my folks, they might lend you that mule to carry up all your gear.  Hell, I'll even throw in the riding lessons as part of a trade.

I'll be gentle.  Honest .
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:26:35 PM EDT
I went out there today to see what the snowmelt and all the rain last night did to the pond.  The water is higher than at any time since we bought the place.  That's a good thing because the pond is totally reliant on runoff for recharging.  Needless to say, the ground is like a wet sponge.  It's gonna take a while for the place to dry out.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:16:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2005 6:17:10 PM EDT by Krazny13]
Eh,
It'll freeze before it dries out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:59:33 PM EDT
Hey! did everybody give up?. I've been racking my brainh
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:04:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 3:47:28 AM EDT by Ky_Bob]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:19:25 PM EDT
The county road along my property, which is the route into our camping area, is currently under water right now.  I am wondering if I can qualify for federal disaster aid.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:17:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4Madness:

Originally Posted By Krazny13:
Heh.
Next one definitely needs to be more bullet resistant. . .

www.hunt101.com/img/236585.jpg

Hey did you see those 847 holes right there in the center?  Those were mine!!  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:28:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 1:29:02 PM EDT by M4Madness]

Originally Posted By jaeger_1969:
Hey did you see those 847 holes right there in the center?  Those were mine!!  

Well, I'd ask if you see the big .50 BMG hole I put in it, but it's gone.

Or maybe that IS the hole.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:09:09 PM EDT
On second thought, maybe we should'nt put the target on the boat. Also, I just got off the phone with the new Governor and he said that the Commissioner's disaster aid is in the mail
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:04:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 8:05:47 PM EDT by Krazny13]
Woo Hoo!
Top Top