Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 7/19/2005 10:25:44 AM EDT
I was curious if any of you guys ever go to the National Coondog Trials. It's a week long hillbilly fest full of guns, booze, and partying. i was just curious if any of you guys have tables or campsites there?
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#2]
It's awesome it's a huge gun swap meet. It is about 2 square miles of people buying, selling, and trading guns. It's held every year the week before Labor Day. I've been going since I was about 16. You can get some good deals down there if you look hard. I am planning on buying my first AR this year down there. I was going to last year but I didn't know enough about them to make a good decision. Really I still don't know that much but I'm tired of waiting.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Dogshit, beer, mud, beer, guns, beer, redneck wimmenz, beer, four wheelers, beer, drunk Amish kids- What's not to like?

The hillbilly social event of the year, right in my backyard.

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Dogshit, beer, mud, beer, guns, beer, redneck wimmenz, beer, four wheelers, beer, drunk Amish kids- What's not to like?

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I agree slash.. LOL Where do you live? I'm in Lima now but moving to the sticks between Ada and Kenton here in a few weeks..
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree slash.. LOL Where do you live? I'm in Lima now but moving to the sticks between Ada and Kenton here in a few weeks..

Findlay area.

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Tagged. I've heard about this event, but never been.

The weekend of Labor Day, Johnstown Ohio has their Swappers Meet which is a coon dog event, with a huge flea market/gun show....sounds similar. It's only 5 minutes from my house and the folks that come there often talk about Kenton but I've never made it there.

Got directions, info??
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 3:52:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I went years and years ago.  It was pretty cool, but I haven't been back.  I remember a huge flea market and lots of hunting type guns.  Reminded me a bit of Friendship, IN and the national shoots there, but more guns for sale at the coon dog trials.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 3:55:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Hmm, somehow that post got repeated here.  Sorry 'bout that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:24:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Go to kentonnational.com, they have all the info on the event. I didn't realize that it was the world's biggest flea market. It's August 31 - September 5. It costs like 130 to get a lot and there is a waiting list, but if you go and split the cost between some buddies its a hell of a good time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 8:13:12 AM EDT
[#12]
went there once. it is vey very big. you will be walking in uneven ground on grass alot. take good shoe's.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Make sure you wear clothes that you dont mind getting muddy. Seems like every year when its Coondog Trials time, it rains. A lot. When we went a couple years back, the muck (yes, MUCK...its not mud) was over 6" deep in most spots, deeper in others. Nice stuff.

Stav, you're not too far from me. I live in Kenton, so the trials is VERY close. Just a couple miles away.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Make sure you wear clothes that you dont mind getting muddy. Seems like every year when its Coondog Trials time, it rains. A lot. When we went a couple years back, the muck (yes, MUCK...its not mud) was over 6" deep in most spots, deeper in others. Nice stuff.

Stav, you're not too far from me. I live in Kenton, so the trials is VERY close. Just a couple miles away.

Where do you shoot at? I'm shooting at the Ada club right now.. It's just a heap of dirt but no one is ever there so I can just do whatever...
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I go down to Bellefontaine. Can only use the range on weekday (waste-of-time trapshoots on the weekends, pretty much all 3 days, EVERY weekend) usually, but there's no one there then anyway, and its about 200m.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 3:19:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I bought my first shotgun there about 20 years ago.  I went with a buddy who was a big time gun nut, and I was a gun newbie.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:47:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone heading there next week?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:51:06 AM EDT
[#18]
i have been to kenton once. every man should go once. it is like nothing i have ever seen. wear old cloths if you go. you will be muddy.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top