Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/19/2005 10:25:44 AM EDT
I was curious if any of you guys ever go to the National Coondog Trials. It's a week long hillbilly fest full of guns, booze, and partying. i was just curious if any of you guys have tables or campsites there?
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:58:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 11:09:43 AM EDT
It's awesome it's a huge gun swap meet. It is about 2 square miles of people buying, selling, and trading guns. It's held every year the week before Labor Day. I've been going since I was about 16. You can get some good deals down there if you look hard. I am planning on buying my first AR this year down there. I was going to last year but I didn't know enough about them to make a good decision. Really I still don't know that much but I'm tired of waiting.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 2:50:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 4:28:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2005 4:30:28 PM EDT by Slash]
Dogshit, beer, mud, beer, guns, beer, redneck wimmenz, beer, four wheelers, beer, drunk Amish kids- What's not to like?

The hillbilly social event of the year, right in my backyard.

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 4:35:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Slash:
Dogshit, beer, mud, beer, guns, beer, redneck wimmenz, beer, four wheelers, beer, drunk Amish kids- What's not to like?

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 5:09:17 PM EDT

I agree slash.. LOL Where do you live? I'm in Lima now but moving to the sticks between Ada and Kenton here in a few weeks..
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 7:23:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By stavman:

I agree slash.. LOL Where do you live? I'm in Lima now but moving to the sticks between Ada and Kenton here in a few weeks..

Findlay area.

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:17:46 PM EDT
Tagged. I've heard about this event, but never been.

The weekend of Labor Day, Johnstown Ohio has their Swappers Meet which is a coon dog event, with a huge flea market/gun show....sounds similar. It's only 5 minutes from my house and the folks that come there often talk about Kenton but I've never made it there.

Got directions, info??
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 3:52:01 AM EDT
I went years and years ago. It was pretty cool, but I haven't been back. I remember a huge flea market and lots of hunting type guns. Reminded me a bit of Friendship, IN and the national shoots there, but more guns for sale at the coon dog trials.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 3:55:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2005 3:56:35 AM EDT by ArmdCtzn]
Hmm, somehow that post got repeated here. Sorry 'bout that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:24:01 AM EDT
Go to kentonnational.com, they have all the info on the event. I didn't realize that it was the world's biggest flea market. It's August 31 - September 5. It costs like 130 to get a lot and there is a waiting list, but if you go and split the cost between some buddies its a hell of a good time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 8:13:12 AM EDT
went there once. it is vey very big. you will be walking in uneven ground on grass alot. take good shoe's.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:17:44 PM EDT
Make sure you wear clothes that you dont mind getting muddy. Seems like every year when its Coondog Trials time, it rains. A lot. When we went a couple years back, the muck (yes, MUCK...its not mud) was over 6" deep in most spots, deeper in others. Nice stuff.

Stav, you're not too far from me. I live in Kenton, so the trials is VERY close. Just a couple miles away.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:11:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tk421:
Make sure you wear clothes that you dont mind getting muddy. Seems like every year when its Coondog Trials time, it rains. A lot. When we went a couple years back, the muck (yes, MUCK...its not mud) was over 6" deep in most spots, deeper in others. Nice stuff.

Stav, you're not too far from me. I live in Kenton, so the trials is VERY close. Just a couple miles away.

Where do you shoot at? I'm shooting at the Ada club right now.. It's just a heap of dirt but no one is ever there so I can just do whatever...
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 9:14:45 PM EDT
I go down to Bellefontaine. Can only use the range on weekday (waste-of-time trapshoots on the weekends, pretty much all 3 days, EVERY weekend) usually, but there's no one there then anyway, and its about 200m.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 3:19:16 AM EDT
I bought my first shotgun there about 20 years ago. I went with a buddy who was a big time gun nut, and I was a gun newbie.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:47:29 AM EDT
Anyone heading there next week?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:51:06 AM EDT
i have been to kenton once. every man should go once. it is like nothing i have ever seen. wear old cloths if you go. you will be muddy.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top