Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/16/2003 6:53:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/23/2003 6:31:06 PM EDT by Defcon]
So anyone get their tags this year? I got my cow elk tag and my buck tag.

I am not too excited this year. I am not sure why. Maybe since I barely even saw elk last year. Well, I am gonna walk my arse off until I see one this year. Man, I need some elk meat!!

Once again, I didn't draw my antelope tag. 5 points saved up now. Maybe next year.

All I have left to do is go pay the farmer for my goose lease this week. Now goose hunting I a extremely excited for. Man I can't wait to say, "take em" this year.

How did everyone else do?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:08:27 PM EDT
I haven't even applied the last three or four years. Somehow, someway I seem to have lost intrest in deer and elk hunting. Of course the deer over here come naturally sage flavored. Not like the corn and grass fed stuff on the eastern plains. And I usually don't have the time to devote to chasing even a cow elk around. Sure love that elk meat though. mmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:55:40 PM EDT
I drew both my Cow and Doe.

Last year we came out with two does for three people. Didnt even see any elk. I hope it is different this year.

I need to change my hunting stats bad.

KC
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:22:25 PM EDT
No tag for me this year, but everyone else drew so I will be camp cook and bushwhacker. I may take my AR so I can combine a Coyote hunt with the Elk hunt.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:30:48 PM EDT
I finally got both my tags in the mail, yet, where is my refund for antelope???

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:39:25 PM EDT
Oh well. No hunting for Sylvan, I guess.
I just got here and didn't apply for tags. I move to Alaska next year, so I guess I will have opportunities then. Moose meat anyone?
But I did go fishing and had a good time this weekend. That will have to do.
Congrats on all your tags!
I hear Alaska hunting is so-so
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:47:16 PM EDT
Cow tag only. They even kept the $50 bill stapled to the antelope application....

SRM
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:02:25 PM EDT
didn't even try.. no job = no money

hope you do well if you got one.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:12:27 PM EDT
Well, I thought I got my antelope refund in the mail today. Only thing is, when I opened it, it wasn't a refund check. It was another deer tag! DOW is so messed up.

I guess now I should go down there and square it all away. Argh, just what I need, more things to do for no good reason.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:07:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Defcon:
Well, I thought I got my antelope refund in the mail today. Only thing is, when I opened it, it wasn't a refund check. It was another deer tag! DOW is so messed up.

I guess now I should go down there and square it all away. Argh, just what I need, more things to do for no good reason.

We all know you were starting to get board and needed something to do.

Last year they messed up on mine and gave me my deer tag in the wrong area. That sucked. But we got it all squared away.

KC
Top Top