Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 9:32:48 AM EDT
I was coming back from lunch today at Peros. Tara and the boy were with me and we received an office call from a former client claiming he had a jury trial and the circuit defender said I was still his lawyer. So we changed route and jumped on I-285 to loop around to catch 75 north to go to the Cobb Court house. I hate going that way because I-285 to 75 north like that is one of the insane on ramps where you enter the freeway on the far left hand side. I pull onto 75 and have to get over 3-4 lane to get off on the south 120 loop. There's a truck in front of me and no one in the next right lane so I signal and get over. Then in my rear view mirror is a silver Mercedes and he doesn't slow down. With cars on either side there's really no where to go for him so he runs right up on me. I see a truck on my right moving only slightly faster than i am and a big open space behind him. So i slow down with my brakes to get over again. I get over two lanes and there is the sliver Mercedes again. And he swerves into me.

I slammed my breaks and pulled into the exit only lane, and he just missed me. So I got his tag number and called 911. He didn't hit me which is fortunate, it scared me shitless because Tara and the boy were both in the back seat. Now I know why we paid $300 for a car seat that protects for side impacts. 911 wasn't very helpful.  I suppose they know who I am even from a cell phone, but the first call was dropped, the second redial went through. They asked where I was and I told them I was exiting on Delk. Didn't have much choice even though I wanted to exit on 120 to go to the court house. They asked me what I did to have him swerve at me. Like I would do something with an 10 month old in the car. It's even scarier that someone with that expensive of a car would risk damaging it to scare or hurt me. Cobb Co said they'd be on a look out for the car and tag number and hung up with me.

I really don't want him prosecuted because if he can afford a Mercedes a traffic ticket wouldn't mean much especially in Cobb Co. But I'd like him to get a lecture about trying to run people with babies off the road. Not a very polite society here anymore.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Another good reason I don't live in "up north".  Most drivers are too busy on their cell phones to pay attention.

You guys can have the damn area, you could not get me to live there for free.  Way too many idiots.

Secretly, you know I'm right.  I'll take my kuntry house in Henry county anyday!

You need a James Bond car.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, Doug!  

First, I'm glad you, Tara and John are all okay.

Secondly, the car was probably stolen so he didn't care what happened to it.

Third, you would have won the internet if you had a police reporting stating your adrenaline dump, blading at 45 degrees, etc. and all with an UZI!!!!  

Seriously, I'm very glad y'all are okay.  When I had my run-in with hadji 911 had me on hold until everything was over.  Then they wanted to know if I wanted an officer to come talk to me... hell no I wanted an officer to find that guy!  So, maybe it wasn't that they knew who you were .  

-Mrs.Monk
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#4]
They never asked for my name or my contact info. I thought they'd have to when I'm on a cell phone. That's what I meant when I said they must have know who I was...
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:41:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They never asked for my name or my contact info. I thought they'd have to when I'm on a cell phone. That's what I meant when I said they must have know who I was...

Nah.. they had your phone number pop up on their screen, but they wouldn't get your customer detail info unless they called the cell provider and requested it.  He or she SHOULD have gotter your name... there are lots of newer and "training" status dispatchers due to turnover rates on that job, so you might have gotten a rookie.  I'm glad to hear you three are safe!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Man.....is that just dangerous life of being a beast of a lawyer?

Next thing you know Batman will be saving your butt.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#7]
so you called 911 because you _almost_ got into an accident??

ok, ok, just kidding.  

seriously, glad you and the fam are unhurt and all.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw sweet justice last night.

Myself and one of the other guys I carpool with were driving over to Bass Pro to pick up our third rider when I passed a Gwinnett Cop sitting between the halves of 120.As soon as we passed him, a pickup came hauling ass up onto my tail, dodged left between me and a car in the left lane, barely missing my back bumper, and accelerated up the hill.

5 seconds later, here comes the cop up the hill like he had a JATO unit on the car and pulled the guy over.

I LOL'd
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#9]
We have called 911 on the road before for drunken drivers.  One we followed up 400 to Old Milton with 911 on the phone, but he rear-ended another car at a red light before any units could catch up to us.

Just what do you have against MB owners, though?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#10]
The wife unit called 911 just the other day because a bunch of kids (probably 13-15 years old or so) were running back and forth across I-16 in heavy traffic

Fucking morons... I think they were daring each other to run across.  One almost got hit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#11]
When I lived in Miami it was common to see angry & irrational drivers use their vehicles to bully other drivers.
I've seen enraged drivers pointing pistols at each other and even slamming into each other while riding the side rail.
Sparks flying, vehicle body parts flying off and swerving all over the place without any concern for other drivers.
A spontaneous demolition derby if you will...

Last year, I followed a lawn care truck here in GA that would play chicken by drifting over the center line in front of oncoming traffic. This caused many near accidents and a few cars went off road. I called 911 and the response was lackadaisical. I followed for several miles detailing my location to the 911 operator, but I never saw a squad car... the call dropped, they turned off the main road and I kept going.

Stay alert. There are many angry drivers out there that will attempt to run another vehicle off the road if provoked or just for fun.

I'm glad you and the kids are safe.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I almost called 911 on a drunk in the middle of the day last year. She was weaving into oncoming traffic, then dropping her right tire in the dirt on the shoulder. When we came to a 4-way stop she got in the left turn lane. When we pulled up to her she was texting.

The last time I called Fulton Co 911 to report a double-injury car accident blocking a major road they spent nearly 4 minutes trying to find out if I had any warrants on me (after I had told them twice I was not a party to the accident), what was I wearing ,  before they asked me for the location... then they didn't know where the road was until I told them it was next to the new Emory hospital.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Doug, you need to get some gatlings mounted on your vehicle.

Glad y'all are ok.  Those expensive car seats are worth it.  They kept my kids safe when a teenager turned left in front of our van a couple of years ago.  Sent his F-150 flying and totaled both vehicles.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#14]
You need a uzi mount so you can one hand it while driving....
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You need a uzi mount so you can one hand it while driving....

He can already do that without the mount

ARNOLD STYLE

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Whether they ever caught the a-hole or not, good thing you and your family are alright.  If he was driving like that, he more than likely does it all the time.  It'll catch up to him sooner or later.

I had a similar situation on Christmas night 2 years ago in Cherokee County, had my wife and 4 year old daughter in the vehicle with me.  The offending vehicle was heading in the same direction as me, so I stayed on the phone with Cherokee 911 until a Deputy stopped the vehicle on Hwy 92 @ I-75.  The driver was a Hispanic female from California on her way to work at a poultry plant.  She was irate and telling the Deputy how things are done in California.  Deputy stroked her a ticket for improper passing, which she then retained an attorney for and went to court on.  She was found guilty in court.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:49:43 AM EDT
[#17]
*GSP
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 6:38:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
*GSP

It never even occurred to me...
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 6:50:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Paintball gun marks them well
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
*GSP

If I ever am calling, and I have twice, about a drunk driver, I call them.  They GET there.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 6:59:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Paintball gun marks them well

not really marking them but when I drove my jeep everyday it seemed like everyone wanted to tail gate the jeep for some reason or another.  I used to keep a handful of pennies in my center console.  for the aggressive driver who always wanted to tail gate me to get me moving faster usually got a handful of pennies released out the top about 2 seconds after they started flashing their lights.

always seemed to be the BMWs, merceedes, and other high dollar cars.

needless to say they typically backed off pretty quick.  the ones that didn't I would try to get off the road, don't want to be around those people any way.

I mean come on people,  a jeep with a 6 cyl engine and 38" tires is NOT going to go as fast as your foreign made sports car.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 7:01:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
*GSP

If I ever am calling, and I have twice, about a drunk driver, I call them.  They GET there.

QFT

for Interstate pursuits these guys are it.  
(they will not have multiple supervisors listening to radio traffic and trying to figure out how to cancel the pursuit to avoid damage incidents.)

plus, everyone likes to watch the PIT maneuver.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 7:02:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I mean come on people,  a jeep with a 6 cyl engine and 38" tires is NOT going to go as fast as your foreign made sports car.

Tell me about it. I'm in a V6 Sonata. It'll do 110 but not in a quarter mile.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 7:13:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
*GSP

I called them once about someone who couldnt keep it on the road/lane on I20, even called back after awhile, gave tag, mile marker, direction.  30mins later the guy finally gets off at an exit, never saw GSP
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
*GSP

I called them once about someone who couldnt keep it on the road/lane on I20, even called back after awhile, gave tag, mile marker, direction.  30mins later the guy finally gets off at an exit, never saw GSP

they are stretched very thin.  

think 1 pat of butter for a whole loaf of bread.

better in metro ATL for coverage due to the interstates and amt of traffic.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I got 911 called on me yesterday.  I had just got home from work, loaded up the wife and kid, and was headed to the outlet mall to get some things.  A group of neighborhood badasses were walking in the middle of the street as I was approaching them in the wife's jeep.  Two of the four kids get out of the way, the other two keep walking right down the middle of the street kicking a coke can.  As I got really close, I moved over a little to keep from hitting the little shit and he kicks the can right into the side of Jeep......Oh hell no he didn't.  I jumped out of the jeep as he took off running, but for a fat ass I can move pretty quickly.  I caught up to him in his yard, where his fat Ogre mother came out and proceeded to yell at me.  Well, I sat there and let her speak her mind, then I got to speak my mind.  When all was said and done, the little shit was apologizing to my wife for hitting her car.....
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 7:55:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I got 911 called on me yesterday.  I had just got home from work, loaded up the wife and kid, and was headed to the outlet mall to get some things.  A group of neighborhood badasses were walking in the middle of the street as I was approaching them in the wife's jeep.  Two of the four kids get out of the way, the other two keep walking right down the middle of the street kicking a coke can.  As I got really close, I moved over a little to keep from hitting the little shit and he kicks the can right into the side of Jeep......Oh hell no he didn't.  I jumped out of the jeep as he took off running, but for a fat ass I can move pretty quickly.  I caught up to him in his yard, where his fat Ogre mother came out and proceeded to yell at me.  Well, I sat there and let her speak her mind, then I got to speak my mind.  When all was said and done, the little shit was apologizing to my wife for hitting her car.....

OUTSTANDING!
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#28]
See and you didn't even need a badge to make it all right. Although I have a feeling if I did that I'd go to jail.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#29]
I totally understand road rage now. Never did before moving to the metro Atlanta area but
damn it makes you want to get out and beat people or at the very least tazer them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top