Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/24/2003 11:55:53 PM EDT
Man this thing was a HOOT!!! Beer, budsfriends, bbq, and guns, guns, guns!! AR15USA came down from Houston and brought his class III's, which really was a treat. Thant M4 will really make you smile, as well as the AK, MP5, and the suppressed M-16!!!

Tony, you are the Full-Auto God!!! Thank you from the bottom of our empty mags!!

Jarrett, thank you for having us over, and for all the , and food!! The whole setup was great. (Jarrett><cops) I had to do that!!! If you want to elaborate, you can. Also, if anyone wants brass, I'm willing to bet Jarrett will sell you some cheap!!

Here's the Crew.Starting top row left to right is Jeff, Roger (firstar), Josh (IYAOYAS467), Jarrett (TexRdnec), Josh, Brian, Kurt (lebrew)
bottom row: John, Tony(AR15USA), Barrett (StykUrHedUp), Scott (PowerSlave), Josh (AR_Aggie)

Here's the toys.

I really enjoyed meeting all of you, and I hope we can get together and do this again soon.
Scott.

Edit to strike buds from the first paragraph. I put the word friends in to clarify the meaning intended.(Also added pics, and crew line up)
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:05:12 AM EDT
[#1]
hey guys...today absolutely rocked!!  there were some impressive weapons out there.  thanks to you all.  jarrett..i'll see you some time this week....do a little beer drinkin.  also...thanks to IYAOYAS for the harris bipod!! it was great meeting you all... i hope to see all of you guys again real soon...heather and i had a blast!!  for anyone interested...i had my vid camera runnin awhile...got some video of the full autos.  adios fellas.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:24:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Edit to remove pics.
Powerslave got them going.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:47:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Chris!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#4]
now i regret not showing up.....damit!

next time someone force me to go!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#5]
All I have to say is

TBL

all hail Tony, the full auto God.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#6]
AR_Aggie.........the Bumpfire Bandit!!!

Did you have any ammo left!! I'll bet Ammoman and the other suppliers see $$$ when they read about these get togethers!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
All I have to say is

TBL

all hail Tony, the full auto God.

Godamn you Josh you beat me to it!!!

I would like to thank Jarrett for the hospitality and great food, it was an absolute blast and can't wait to do it again.  Tony without your girls at the dance, I'm afraid we would have been a bit lonely, thanks dude.

For those of you in the know (and you know who you are)  I am currently working on a prototype TBL that should be ready shortly.........I'll keep you posted

Take it easy guys...and nice meeting all of you.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#8]
son of a bitch...................YOU BOTH BEAT ME TO IT, damn it

TBL BABY!!

yall, no problem at all having yall out here, we'll do it again sometime, i just have to go build new target hangers, those two are destroyed!

scott..........the cops had it coming.  and besides, we had them WAAAAAAAAY outgunned!  would have been different if the head dps guy and the sheriff didnt both know about it days in advance, hell with em if they cant communicate any better than that, oh well.  nothing compared to what you missed by not going to the races...........hehehe

tony............wow, what a blast guy, appreciate the hell out of you letting us play with all your toys

oh ya, scott, you left out the full auto uzi, too many out there to keep up with?!?!

josh.....um, and josh, glad to hear yall made it home alright, had a blast, if yall didnt both live so damn far off we'd have to make that a weekly thing

we had beer left over however, so we'll consider this first get together a practice run.................we'll get it next time!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Glad you gents had a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Man, we really had great time together.I really enjoyed it.

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#11]
My wife is right, I need to lose some weight, I looks fat on that picture.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#12]
more pics guys, enjoy...............

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I looks like you guys had a great time!  Thanks for the invitation, but I have not perfected that being in two places at once thing quite yet.  Just know I was there in spirit.  I'm glad to see the Gulf Coast Regiment and the North Texas Regiment held exercises at the same time. Now if the Hill Country Regiment could get with the program.......
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#14]
DPeacher,
That sounds good!! Then Goatboy could schedule his server outages around us, and no one would be without the site!! That would cure all the withdrawls!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#15]
hey fellas...i got some digital video.  jarrett...maybe i'll bring it by and we can post a few clips.  i have heather on video trimmin your trees w/ the MP5.  i also think i left some ammo and my pat green coozie.  i'll see ya later on this week and we can work on that left over beer!!  scott, josh, josh, tony...blah blah blah...had a blast and it was great meeting you all.  is that my 45 josh is shootin in that one pic? LOL.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I think your Pat Greene coozie is in Sean's truck (Jarrett's buddy).  He said he did'nt know how it got there.  Hope that helps.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I think your Pat Greene coozie is in Sean's truck (Jarrett's buddy).  He said he did'nt know how it got there.  Hope that helps.  

hey amigo...thanks again....also...that bipod rocks....i owe ya one bro.  now i just need to find me a decent light..and i'll have a coyote slaying machine!!  
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hey amigo...thanks again....also...that bipod rocks....i owe ya one bro.  now i just need to find me a decent light..and i'll have a coyote slaying machine!!  

pat green coozie .....how would i guess you had something like that

edit: we need a crew lineup caption and some elaboration on the cop situation
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:13:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Who's that goof-ball with the bolt gun?

j/k

CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#20]
barrett..............half a box of 22-250, check.  coozie, shit if i know.  and yes, i'd love to post some of the full auto action on a video link but you may have to count me out as it took me a month of sundays to figure out how to host pictures.

mdc................wasnt anything special, about 7 o'clock (we'd been shooting full auto since around 10:30, where the fuck were the complainers then?) not one, but two of san patricio county's finest decided to drop on in.

the mouthpiece for the two was a piece of work, he must have had 3 or 4 teeth left..........but thats besides the point.  drove up, i met him at the car and he proceeds to ask me if we were doing some shooting today (i dont respond because due to all the guns splayed out everywhere i would not have been able to produce a non-smartass remark) then he says that there have been some complaints about our shooting and sits there waiting for some kind of response i suppose so there i go...........

complaints huh? well, im awful sorry but you see, its daylight, we're not in a residential area, and this has been ok'd days in advance by the sheriff and the lead dps guy so basically they can complain all they want and theres not a damn thing they can do about it (sheriff told us to shut it down around 10 or 11 and here it is 7)  that was basically the end of the cop situation, give or take several exchanged words.

anyway, about the time this happened i was planning to stop any and all shooting that i was doing anyway..........this prompted me to shoot every damn round i had outside with me at that point through my ar-10 and ar-15, bump-style if you know what i mean.  i mind my own damn business and i expect others to do the same, closest residence is at least one mile away and even an ar-10 with a brake is not hurting anybodys ears one mile away

and they lived happily ever after.........the end

edited so that it would look like i had a firmer grasp of the english language
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#21]
ah yes, i forgot about the "crew lineup caption"  this particular groups "saying" was established mere hours into the shoot

and it is......................."hold my beer and watch this"

now, if i can remember everybodys name, then the photo, starting top row left to right is

jeff, roger(firstar), josh(IYAOYAS467), jarrett(texrdnec), josh, brian, kurt(lebrew)
bottom row:  (brain fart?), tony(AR15USA), barrett(stykurhedup), scott(powerslave), josh(AR-aggie)
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's another try at getting some pics to show up!!

PowerSlave on the M4.

AR15USA (the Full-Auto GOD)

Edited to add:It worked!! Well what do you know.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Sounds like you fellas had a blast. I wish everyone wasnt so far away from me
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn sorry I missed out on the cops showing up. Thanks for a great time Jarrett and that brisket was just perfect.  Back in the Dallas area now.  Arrived here about 3:00 today.  Between the fishing and shooting, well ,hell, it just don't get any better then that.   I had to share the brisket with the wife. IF any of you want to get involved in IDPA shooting send me an IM and I will send you Mikes',my buddy, phone number.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#25]
hey jarrett...thanks on the ammo...the coozie..well....someone has a brand new pat green coozie fresh from the concert the night before.  hows some rat huntin sound for mon. or tues. evening?  aaron says hes ready.  still got any left over beer or should i bring some?  gimme a hollar amigo!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#26]
dude with what they charge for those things i dont think id make such a grand deal about it
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:24:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks to me like the Houston Crew and this Gulf Coast group should get together....

Between the groups we could rival the DFW group in size easily....

The HGCA show is this weekend in HOUSTON!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#28]
COZ_45,
I like that Idea.Whatca' got in mind? North verses South?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#29]
You guys wouldn't last!!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
COZ_45,
I like that Idea.Whatca' got in mind? North verses South?

Rumor has it, the last time there was North vs. South conflict...well, it wasn't good....

I just think that the "coastal" shooters could join up together and have some good times!

It's 8 hours to the Hun farm from my place!

I can be in Corpus in 4 or less....if you know what I mean, and when the SHNF range opens, September - January, we could all meet up there for some fun!

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#31]
should we settle this north south thing over a case of Tannerite?
Lebrew
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#32]
a second, bigger, badder get together is sounding good to me.  this particular shoot would, apparently, have been much bigger had we not planned it initially to coincide with the hun farm, which is a MFer of a drive for me as well down here in the ass crack of texas.

a little "friendly" competition would be a good thing

frisco, frisco, frisco.............
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
a second, bigger, badder get together is sounding good to me.  this particular shoot would, apparently, have been much bigger had we not planned it initially to coincide with the hun farm, which is a MFer of a drive for me as well down here in the ass crack of texas.

a little "friendly" competition would be a good thing

frisco, frisco, frisco.............

Roger that RedNec..........

Whatever you guys can come up with, I'm down.

Maybe we can get Tony to pull out his GAU-8, M60, 1919A4 and whatever else he is sure to have
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#34]
frisco,
It was just a wise crack. Don't get upset, we're all in one in the same here.

I'm game for a bigger get together. I agree, the fall is really nice in this part of the country. Now the big question, where would be a place to hold it. Anyone have some private land by any chance?? Maybe somewhere halfway?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
frisco,

I'm game for a bigger get together. I agree, the fall is really nice in this part of the country. Now the big question, where would be a place to hold it. Anyone have some private land by any chance?? Maybe somewhere halfway?

Let's be careful. The AR15.commers (me included) have come up with a wonderful get-together 10/11-12-13 in Waco....we cannot interfere with that, regardless of the drive time (IMHO).  So, with that, I'm all for a fall shoot. Sam Houston National Forest has an outdoor range. It's free, it's fun, just gotta clean up after ourselves (Not brass, just targets and such). I think we should plan on something just b4 Thanksgiving...to kinda get us all a bit of selfish-oriented shooting in b4 all the family stuff....

Opinions?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#36]
damn, it took me three days to log on to this here site!
this is brian, wanted to say i had a hell of a day sat.
jarret, my girlfriend would like to appologize for getting sick of the tbl talk. and i didnt even have to beat it out of her. i just told her she wasnt getting in my TUG's till she felt bad about it. hey, i talked to mike about shooting idpa, and he said they practicesat and compete sun. i might go.
I just gotta gas up the TUAV, and get on the THW.
brian
ps-the TBL works on ruger 10-22's, sks's, ak's, marlin 22's, browning auto 5's, and most other semi auto shot guns. mind the recoil though. hard on the finger. i gotta run to c.c. and get some more 12 ga. ammo!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
damn, it took me three days to log on to this here site!
this is brian, wanted to say i had a hell of a day sat.
jarret, my girlfriend would like to appologize for getting sick of the tbl talk. and i didnt even have to beat it out of her. i just told her she wasnt getting in my TUG's till she felt bad about it. hey, i talked to mike about shooting idpa, and he said they practicesat and compete sun. i might go.
I just gotta gas up the TUAV, and get on the THW.
brian
ps-the TBL works on ruger 10-22's, sks's, ak's, marlin 22's, browning auto 5's, and most other semi auto shot guns. mind the recoil though. hard on the finger. i gotta run to c.c. and get some more 12 ga. ammo!

'Bout damn time ya joined us.

I couldn't beleive that you kept bringing up the TBL even after your TGF got TPO'd.

Girlfriend><Jarrett

BTW, I couldn't get enough recoil out of the 10/22 to get TBL to work.

Good to have ya aboard .
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#38]
it helps if your 10-22 has a trigger job. i worked mine down to around 2.5 pounds. now i know why.
the shot guns and the aks are the most fun really. i need a drum for my ak's now.
my tgf was being a tb b/c i was drinking at the race, not b/c of the tbl talk.
she got over it. i got a tbr to show her grattitude for being forgiven. then i took her to the beach the next day and she got extremely sunburned, so now she's at my mercy. she was so cooked she got sick from it. i was burned, but it already tanned. thanks in advance for the concern<gads of cheering sympathetic fans>.
so when are we doing this again?
B
oh, and if she's real good, i might let my girlfriend shoot. she's pretty good. she hunts with my 30-06, and she carries a 5 shooter .38, but lately she took over my amt.380 backup.then again, maybe she can stay home. i dunno yet. if she reads this tread, i wont have to worry about it-she'll kill me.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#39]
hey brian, welcome amigo.  

Barrett
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Hooolllllllllaaaaaa- was goan on?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:46:21 AM EDT
[#41]
damn, with all the running around here you'd think i was outspoken and/or confrontational or something.....................

edited to add:
i knew we were creating a monster teaching brian the evils of a TBL
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
frisco,

Let's be careful. The AR15.commers (me included) have come up with a wonderful get-together 10/11-12-13 in Waco....we cannot interfere with that, regardless of the drive time (IMHO).  So, with that, I'm all for a fall shoot. Sam Houston National Forest has an outdoor range. It's free, it's fun, just gotta clean up after ourselves (Not brass, just targets and such). I think we should plan on something just b4 Thanksgiving...to kinda get us all a bit of selfish-oriented shooting in b4 all the family stuff....

Opinions?

SHNF is the best, location-wise, for all of us.  Camping is good also.  
 Some of the problems that I can see:
 1.  The shooting area is not big enough for a bigger group.
 2.  Parking can be a bitch.
 3.  The range is not long enough for guys that like to reach out and touch someone.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
frisco,

Opinions?

SHNF is the best, location-wise, for all of us.  Camping is good also.  
 Some of the problems that I can see:
 1.  The shooting area is not big enough for a bigger group.
 2.  Parking can be a bitch.
 3.  The range is not long enough for guys that like to reach out and touch someone.

Mojo, you're right. I think the range is only about 150 yds at the most..maybe 200.

If we have a big group, the parking would be an issue. Also, I dunno if they're going to let us do full auto when they reopen in September..There is a chance they'll be policing the range regularly...I doubt they'll be there all the time though.

However, unless I hit the lottery and buy a huge ranch, it might be our Gulf Coast shooter's option....

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Well I'm gone 3 days and look at all I missed.  Bryan- welcome aboard, good to have you here.  

Who's going to the Saxet show next weekend?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Brian,
Welcome to the board!

Jarrett,
You interested in the gunshow in San Antonio? I'm game, John may be going. Maybe those interested from the area can truck pool, or something?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#46]
maybe so, could be............have to see what my wife says i can do!

ya, we'd need to car pool, cause i hate driving in corpus, get me in san antonio and it wouldnt be pretty
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#47]
hey yall, its not that bad really. i've only used the tbl a couple of days over the last week. i tried to teach my mom how to do it. she thought i was crazy. she didnt like it. she wasnt very good at it any way. oh well. some people have no fun. well, i kinda forgot to tell her to wear hearing protection. she almost dropped my cetme. my girl friend was intrested, but hasnt tried it yet.
hey, what was that web site yall were talking about that had cheap ammo? my bro comes home on leave in july and wants to wax some coyotes, and hogs. yall are welcome to come.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#48]
several brian...............

ammoman.com
sportsmansguide.com
natchezss.com

etc........

let me know on the hunt, you know damn well i'm game
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:04:28 PM EDT
[#49]
whooaa ok. i'm checkin prices on ammo. my dad wants in on the order and a couple hunts, so the order got bigger.
way biiiigggggerr. you fuckers would laugh at me for this all afternoon. jarret, you wanna order some?
lemme know-right now it looks like 1k-308, 1500-762x39, 1k-223, 1k-.45, 500-8mm mauser, and 1k- 22lr.oh, and 500-.380acp.

kinda brings a tear to you eye.

which reminds me-i wanna used .357. jarret you know anyone wants to sell one local?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:16:57 AM EDT
[#50]
what kind of 357?

My freind sam1colt has a Ruger 357 revolver for sale.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top