Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2007 9:39:31 AM EDT
Did that new law get passed here in PRNJ?  If so when is the effective date?  thanks

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#1]
No yet. I'll bet it's only a matter of time however.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#2]
It was passed by the Assembly and is one of quite a few antigun bills awaiting action in the Senate when they return for their lameduck session after the election.

The bad part about lameduck legislators, is there are really no political repurcussions for doing really shitty things to the public.

And I have a really bad feeling we're going to get fooked.  The Assembly has set it up, the Democrat-controlled Senate will run with it, and Corslime will be happy as a pig in shit to sign them so he can say "Look New Jersey.  I've made you safer."

What a crock of shit
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm against all feelgood bullshit regulation that does nothing to deter crime but only imposes restrictions on the law abiding citizen.

Having said that, I only wish a law like this would worry me.  I only have the money for one new gun a year, just about.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm against all feelgood bullshit regulation that does nothing to deter crime but only imposes restrictions on the law abiding citizen.

Having said that, I only wish a law like this would worry me.  I only have the money for one new gun a year, just about.  

What these bastards are doing is opening the door to even more Gun Control. Corozlime gave a speech on "Gangs" yesterday. Wait for the fallout

Regards,

Iggyort
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I know.  I heard him and that cunt millgram talking about "illegal guns."  What they should be after is the criminals.  The guns are perfectly legal, just in the wrong hands.

Once the media drumbeat about the term "illegal guns" resonates loud enough, these motherfuckers can just broaden what constitutes an "illegal gun" in the first place.  And that illegal gun could be yours or mine.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:16:42 PM EDT
[#6]
You know, I'm still trying to figure out why restricting the possession of alcohol(which is not specifically protected by the constitution) required an amendment to the Constitution for hte United States.  And after it didn't work out the way they had planned, required ANOTHER amendment to that same document to remove that restriction.  Yet restricting the possession of ARMS(which IS specifically protected by the constitution) can be done purely on the whim of whoever happens to occupy the peoples' mansion, or white house, or what have you.  Can someone please explain that one to me, because I damn sure can't seem to figure it out myself.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#7]

What these bastards are doing is opening the door to even more Gun Control. Corozlime gave a speech on "Gangs" yesterday. Wait for the fallout

Regards,

Iggyort

You got that right.

Corzine said changing laws to go after gang members and other violent criminals will require help from the Legislature.

One proposal could lead to the shrinking of drug-free school zones to dedicate more attention and jail space to gun crimes.

It looks like the "War on Drugs" is being replaced by the "War on Guns".

Another would ban the sale of powerful, .50-caliber weapons, not including antiques and hunting rifles.

Banning the .50 cal Barrett will sure put a dent in crime  

link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top