Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2011 5:19:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2011 5:22:42 AM EDT by tmleadr03]
Because he shot his buddy with an airsoft rifle. Going on now in JefCo. Scott Story at it again. Anyone else following this?

ETA:http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-jeffco-boy-facing-felony-charges-over-airsoft-gun-20110127,0,4458661.story
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:30:28 AM EDT
IIRC, the "victim" and his family also did not want charges brought. Between this and the other problem with the guy that was charged with shooting the two illegals last year, I'm friggen glad I don't live in JeffCo. The JeffCo DA needs to GO. Just GTFO and don't come back.
-SS
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:09:59 AM EDT
Doesn't the "deadly weapon" need to be deadly for someone to get charged with assault with a deadly weapon? This is ridiculous...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:49:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:01:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dano523:
Let him hang.
He can be an example to the liberals for when things go too far.

Plus the kid just screams bully (dead give away when you shoot anyone in the face for fun), and a bit of anal abuse in juvenile hall will teach him just what it like to be bullied himself (karma going full circle).

Going to have to give you a out of for that post.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:13:08 PM EDT
sounds like ridiculous punishment as well as charges....a felony...are you kidding me..
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:41:00 PM EDT
I'm having a hard time generating sympathy for the 13 year old.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:44:07 AM EDT
It makes me think back on all the times that my friends and I shot each other when we were young. Fortunately, never in the eye though. One of my friends received a slap on the wrist for his sniper shot on a neighbor. The bb went deep into her buttocks, had to be surgically removed, and the parents pressed charges. Times have changed.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:57:04 AM EDT

Let him hang.

Plus the kid just screams bully (dead give away when you shoot anyone in the face for fun), and a bit of anal abuse in juvenile hall will teach him just what it like to be bullied himself (karma going full circle).

So what did you do for fun as a kid?

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:08:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tmleadr03:
Because he shot his buddy with an airsoft rifle. Going on now in JefCo. Scott Story at it again. Anyone else following this?

ETA:http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-jeffco-boy-facing-felony-charges-over-airsoft-gun-20110127,0,4458661.story

man, gotta love power hungry politicians. what a stupid thing to do to the kid. will there be jury trial? hope the people on the jury have kids and SOME COMMON SENSE! (I say we charge the DA with being a DA - "dumb a...."
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:13:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:39:36 PM EDT

Let him hang.

But the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office says they take many factors into account, and when they decide to file charges it’s because they believe it’s in the best interest of the child.

Short for this is not the first time that the kid has been in trouble with the law, and his actions have now erupted to the point that they need to take legal actions to correct the child's behavior before it becomes even worse from not being put in check long before this.

at 13 yrs old, its the PARENTS JOB, not the states
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:50:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JackAR15Bauer:

Let him hang.

But the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office says they take many factors into account, and when they decide to file charges it’s because they believe it’s in the best interest of the child.

Short for this is not the first time that the kid has been in trouble with the law, and his actions have now erupted to the point that they need to take legal actions to correct the child's behavior before it becomes even worse from not being put in check long before this.

at 13 yrs old, its the PARENTS JOB, not the states

Actually, no. He has never been in trouble before now. Thanks for trying though.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:02:15 PM EDT
I've been following this from the gitgo on KHOW.
With the handling of the Bobby Wallace case and this it is quite clear that if you are a firearm user/owner in Jeffco, Scott Story wants your guns and ass. I feel this is a flagrant abuse of authority by an elected official.
As far as the kid goes, how many of us have engaged in BB gun wars, pop bottle rocket wars, dirt clod wars etc?
He is a boy, let him be one for hells sake.
I do have disdain for the father though. As a parent myself of 2 boys there is no way in hell I would have allowed my child to be questioned without representation present nor sign anything.
Kid was being a kid, dad screwed the pooch.

I'm just sayin....................
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:39:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hockeysew:
I've been following this from the gitgo on KHOW.
With the handling of the Bobby Wallace case and this it is quite clear that if you are a firearm user/owner in Jeffco, Scott Story wants your guns and ass. I feel this is a flagrant abuse of authority by an elected official.
As far as the kid goes, how many of us have engaged in BB gun wars, pop bottle rocket wars, dirt clod wars etc?
He is a boy, let him be one for hells sake.
I do have disdain for the father though. As a parent myself of 2 boys there is no way in hell I would have allowed my child to be questioned without representation present nor sign anything.
Kid was being a kid, dad screwed the pooch.

I'm just sayin....................

This I agree with. If they came for my son (I actually have a daughter and another on the way) for something like this I would probably need to be in cuffs as well. I would not let him be interviewed with out myself and a layer present. If he is under arrest he gets a layer provided by the state. If one can not be provided at this time, fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

Top Top