Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 3:24:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Not worthy of the general discussion where the debts we were facing three years ago were front page fodder.

64°F and sunny here at the beach, with a beautiful sunset in store.

I think those General Discussion folks are just jellus.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#2]
a 2.3 billion dollar growth, but an increase in spending!

social programs! heatlhcare! more social programs!

It is nice and sunny right now in the Bay Area: 68F

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Not surprising considering the way they butt-rape taxpayers in this state.  And Kali Democrats and bleeding-heart libtards happily drop trou.  Idiots!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#4]
*sigh*

don't you just love CA?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
now if we can just get them to halt spending at its current levels and start paying off the state's debt...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Then there's plenty of money to fix the roads!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Its all the DROS fees on the lowers.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:15:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Its all the DROS fees on the lowers.

.....TRUE.......and the anti's thought that the unexpectedly appeared revenue came from their followers
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#9]
This "surplus" crap drives me crazy.  It is not a "surplus", it is simply over taxation, unfortunately with representation.
Everytime I here about the Govt. having a surplus it quite honestly curls my stomach.
Then at election time we always hear that we need more taxes for our police, fire, nurses, and schools, and the sheeple gladly vote away their money, and rights.
When is america, and in particular California ever going to wake up?
Do you guys ever look at your pay stubs, and see how much they pick your pocket?
how about when your at the pump do you ever notice the almost 50% in taxes you pay there?
Or you who are fortunate enough to own property, and you bought way after prop 13 passed, do you not see that if you retire in that property that you will be paying a mortgage to the Govt in taxes?
Or your phone or cable bills, what about the taxes they slip in there?
What about the illegal tax on firearms called a DROS fee?
How about the tolls at the bridge that they keep raising to "cover costs"?
What about the taxes on your garbage fees?
What about the prices of stamps going up once or twice a year?
How about the tax on already taxed money when a friend or loved one dies?
What about the state tax on your federal return?
What about the skyrocketing sales tax in my county, 8.75%?
Does this bug anyone other then me?
Does anyone take the time to add up what they really pay in taxes, or are you oblivious?
This list is a good starter for you to start adding up what you really pay in taxes, there are many more that are not on this list, but if you take the time to add up one months worth aginst your income it is surely enough to make you sick.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#10]
WOW!!!  I think 11 billion is the Washington States annual budget.  We too have a tax surplus last year 1.2 billion and this year it is being projected at 1.5 billion.  Naturally the .gov wants to spend it, instead of give it back.  Which got me to thinking how to stop this insanity.  This would have to go through the initiative  process (think you call it a Proposition down there) that would read:

All budget surplus monies will be deposited into an interest bearing account.  50% of the interest each year shall be split evenly between the legal voting citizen’s of the state then paid to the each legal voting citizen of the state.  The monies in this interest bearing account shall not be used for anything else; to do so is a Class 1 Felony (or what ever type of felony that will get the death penalty) for every person in the state government that raids this account for other uses.

Alaska has something similar to this with their Alaska State fund which is revenue from the oil pipeline.

Just a thought.
Make it a great day
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:04:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Now if we could just get a true fiscal conserative or better yet a program/policy in charge here things would be looking better yet.
If I had any say in it there would be;
No new Bay Bridge
Re-imbersments from the feds for not protecting the boaders properly.
No multi million dollar study on a suicide barrier on the GG bridge...let 'em fall.
Teachers that can be fired.
No third generation welfare families.

The list could go on but it's a simple one that just needs to be started.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#14]
The problem is how damn big the state is!  Maybe it's just me but it seems like nearly 10% of the adult population in California works for the state!  And these people who have these state jobs have salaries, benefits, and paid vacations that don't even exist in the private sector because such inefficiency would drive even the wealthiest corporations into bankruptcy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'd love to see the money go to the infrastructure that's going to half to support the rest of the United States when they move here - more freeways, schools, hosipitals, police, fire, airports, jails ...

PRK usta spend 20% of the state budget on infrastructure in the early 60's.  Now it spends about 2.5%.  It usta be that when driving INTO California the roads improved.  Now it is when one drives OUT of the state that the roads improve.  But at least our welfare parasites have better medical care now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top