Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2003 4:06:34 AM EDT
Heads up guys.  At the match yesterday TonyG and Gunbert were saying that according to the website, there was no Claude Hall show next weekend (20-21).   I knew I had just read that there was......Turns out I saw it in SGN and sure enough, the claude hall site now has a correction.

If I had not heard them say that and checked, I would have been out there at 9 next Sat to buy some ammo.  Just in case you guys did not hear.

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#1]
They made that anouncement at the last gunshow.  I thought to myself, oh well not a big loss really.  I just LOVE beanie babies, jewlery, etc.

St George, UT
13th -14th -   The Dixie Center

Reno, NV
20th -21st -   Reno Convention Center
both of these are Crossroads of the west gunshows.  INFO at www.crossroadsgunshows.com/gunsched.htm

I have never been to either one of these shows.  I will probably check out the Reno show next year.  Which ones up there are better?

The last claude show had CCSS guns doing transfers for $20.  I have yet to find that they went up anywhere else.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#2]
The Phoenix Crossroads shows are really good, I'd rather drive the 5 hours each way there then go to a Claude Hall show. The Crossroads St. George show is really small but if you want to kill half a day it is a short drive and not too bad. The Reno show is supposed to be great, I was just up there last month to trade a few guns with a member here and he was saying it is worth going to. I'll never go to a Claude Hall show again...ever.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I went to the Crossroads show last weekend here in Reno, It was better than the last 2, lots of guns of every type and some pretty good deals to be had. I went saturday and bought a few goodies and went back sunday and got a few more  knowing the prices would drop and they did. All in all not a bad show. the "Big Reno Show" is coming up again in acouple of months at the Hilton. Usually you can find a deal or 2 there.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:27:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Larry (Oldtroop), do you know what weekend that big Reno Hilton show is?
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:55:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Bob, its on April 23,24,25. I thought it was only a couple of months away but it looks like about 4 months away. Gives you plenty of time to plan a trip. If you decide to go let me know and I'll meet you there.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Larry, I've got it penciled in, the wife and I like to get away for a weekend here and there...might be a good way to do it. What are the private party transfers like at that show? Are there alot of people walking around selling?
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Lots of people walking around with guns for sale, thats never a problem. Also private sales guys that are setup. You can just about find anything you want thru the private sales guys or just someone walking around. It would be a good trip if your wife likes gun shows this is a good one...its huge. If she doesnt theres a lot to do at the Hilton or downtown. About the most you can expect is someone asking if your from Nevada...other than that nothing.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like fun, we will have to hook up again and walk the show.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds good to me Bob.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top