Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 9/2/2015 8:04:23 AM EDT
I find it pathetic what people have become. Kids used to bring guns to schools, now they freak the fuck out only because they are within a couple of blocks.

I was looking forward to shooting there during lunch.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/dallas-county/2015/09/02/proposed-gun-range-target-parents-farmers-branch/71558422/
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:37:28 AM EDT
It's much better to have an abandoned building near a school than an business.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:40:38 AM EDT
the arguments and comments I saw were silly.now they can keep teaching lol, like they couldn't before.

or would you let your kid go to school near a gun range. lol. like that makes it a more dangerous place.

so knee jerk silly. can't even imagine what is going through these peoples mind's when they spout that stuff.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:51:20 AM EDT
Not even a real school.  Some private school located in an old office complex that used to be owned by Banctec.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:57:15 AM EDT
I watched part of the story on the news. I was in a hurry this morning. I think they mentioned that the city would offer incentives to open in another location. There is a lot of open commercial buildings available in the area. hopefully something between Webb Chapel and Marsh, south of Beltline.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:06:11 AM EDT
Per the article - the school intends to move locations, just not sure when.  If this is a charter school, then I doubt they even know what they're doing.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:09:12 PM EDT
Stupid is strong on this one

The Westwood School marketing director Kristin Pelletier says the proposed gun range can be seen from the schoolyard.
Pelletier took News 8 to the schoolyard. She said youngsters at play not only would see the range, but could possibly hear gunfire.
View Quote

Uh , no what is seen from schoolyard is a building. Same building they see now.

"I don't believe any children in a very child-centric part of Farmers Branch should be hearing or seeing that every day," said parent Mary Anne Lucas.
View Quote

I am pretty sure they see worse every day on TV or youtube.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:40:35 PM EDT
How many of you have run for council or tried to get on the planning commission.  

Yes it is a pain in the ass but having people on the inside is the way you win these things.  We need you all at all levels fighting the good fight.
Top Top